Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: CB's debut

Post Thanks / Like

Default CB's debut

Ok, hopefully this will work. I still have a lot to learn so I'll apologize in advance for all the problems. At any rate here you go, CB on vocals and Shiner on the 12 string.

http://www.box.net/shared/r1yghqbviy
    Guitars and other stringed instruments: Washburn D10S, Washburn EA52SWCE, Washburn Cumberland J28SDL, Washburn D46S12, D'Aquisto Centura, Rover RM-50B Mando

Amps and Cabs: Behringer AT108, Firefly Tube Amph, Blackheart Little Giant BH5H, Shiner's Custom Cab v.1.0

". . . because without beer, things do not seem to go as well . . ." Brother Epp, Capuchin Monastery, Munjor, Kansas 1902

Post Thanks / Like

hey shiner....is there any way to pump up the volume....i can barely hear it....
    Quote Originally Posted by just strum
    For the record, my annoyance with Warren has a lot to do with the hissing noises he makes.
    Guitars: Gibson 1998 Les Paul Special : Peavey Predator (Early 90's Fat Strat Copy) : Ibanez GAX30TR
    Brownsville Reso - 101 Electric Reso : Fender GDO-300 Maple Quilt Top Acoustic

Amps: Fender Super Champ XD

Effects: Digitech RP250 Modeling Guitar Processor : DVM "Phased and Confused" Script Phaser Clone : Digitech Bad Monkey
    Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus : Behringer Distortion Modeler : Ernie Ball Volume Pedal : Dunlop Cry Baby Wah

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, you'll have to crank it up Warren. From what I've been able to tell there is a problem with the Tascam when you mic into it directly. Some of the guys on the Tascam forum use mic pre-amps to solve the problem, but for now that's the best I can do.
    Guitars and other stringed instruments: Washburn D10S, Washburn EA52SWCE, Washburn Cumberland J28SDL, Washburn D46S12, D'Aquisto Centura, Rover RM-50B Mando

Amps and Cabs: Behringer AT108, Firefly Tube Amph, Blackheart Little Giant BH5H, Shiner's Custom Cab v.1.0

". . . because without beer, things do not seem to go as well . . ." Brother Epp, Capuchin Monastery, Munjor, Kansas 1902

Northern Ohio - Near Cleveland - Home of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame http://www.rockhall.com/
    Post Thanks / Like

the sound needs to be worked on, but I am impressed with the vocals and guitar. Now is that just Shiner on guitar and CB on vocals or are both of you playing guitar?

Also, I remember when the Beatles first came out people would comment that when they sang they had no British accent. I guess the same holds true for the Texas accent.
    Mark
    * Loud is good, good is better!

Northern Ohio - Near Cleveland - Home of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame http://www.rockhall.com/
    Post Thanks / Like

Forgive my ignorance, what is the songs title? Original or cover?
    Mark

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by luvmyshiner
    Yeah, you'll have to crank it up Warren. From what I've been able to tell there is a problem with the Tascam when you mic into it directly. Some of the guys on the Tascam forum use mic pre-amps to solve the problem, but for now that's the best I can do.
    ok....gonna download it and see if i have better luck (i'm on my laptop so the volume isn't the best anyways)....
    For the record, my annoyance with Warren has a lot to do with the hissing noises he makes.
    Guitars: Gibson 1998 Les Paul Special : Peavey Predator (Early 90's Fat Strat Copy) : Ibanez GAX30TR

Effects: Digitech RP250 Modeling Guitar Processor : DVM "Phased and Confused" Script Phaser Clone : Digitech Bad Monkey
    Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus : Behringer Distortion Modeler : Ernie Ball Volume Pedal : Dunlop Cry Baby Wah

Post Thanks / Like

ok....much better luck downloading and playing it through better speakers....really nice job....cb you have a....dare i say....sexy voice.... :

if i were shiner....i would want you singing to me all the time!!

oh yeah....i almost forgot....good playing shiner.... :

Post Thanks / Like

Strummy, that's me on the 12 string and CB on vocals with a little bit of reverb.

Warren, from what I've been able to tell the specs are lacking when it comes to input on the DP-01 series, thus the low volume. I had everything cranked up almost to max when I recorded and mastered it. I might be able to correct that flaw with Audacity, but since tonight was the first night I used the program I don't know. If that doesn't work, looks like Shiner will be getting a couple of mic pre-amphs for Christmas.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Warren! And I loves it when the little lady sings to me.

Sorry Strummy, almost forgot. The group is Garbage, and the name of the song is "You Look So Fine".

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by warren0728
    ok....much better luck downloading and playing it through better speakers....really nice job....cb you have a....dare i say....sexy voice.... :
    I think he's bs'ing us. I think it was Shiner singing and CB playing guitar. You should have a REAL enjoyable visit if you ever make that visit to Waco - the bed being mic'd is starting to get a little clearer.
    Mark

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by luvmyshiner
    Thanks Warren! And I loves it when the little lady sings to me.
    i have to say i think it's really cool that the two of you share such a love and talent for music....if i decide to start dating again it would be cool to find someone who shares my love of music (both listening to and playing)....you guys have something pretty special!!

Post Thanks / Like

Beautiful job kids

Simple and clean... very easy on the ears. CB, your voice has a wonderful resemblance to Johnette Napolitano.
    Gearlist:
    Electric: Ibanez 'AS103', Fender Dlx Nash Pwr Tele, Fender Squier '62 JV Strat, Squier '51, Squier 60's Classic Vibe Strat, Epi Elite LP Studio, Hagstrom Swede Acoustic: Larrivee LV-03RE, A&L AMI, Yamaha FG340-T Bass: Yamaha BB 450 Amps: Roland JC-120, JC-50, Peavey Classic 30, Fender Super Champ XD Pedals: Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Danelectro Cool Cat Drive, Transparent Overdrive, Digitech Digiverb, Bad Monkey, Ibanez TS-9, Boss AC-2, CE-5, CS-2, DD-3, DF-2, DS-1, FV-100, GE-7, OC-2, PSM-5, SD-1, TU-2, DVM~BYOC 'Lush Puppy' Chorus

Post Thanks / Like

Also, I remember when the Beatles first came out people would comment that when they sang they had no British accent. I guess the same holds true for the Texas accent.
    :

i KNEW you would say that, Strummy. just flippin knew it. [laugh]

actually, if you listen again, i drop a g in there. [bleedin'] selah.

thank you, warren, you are sweet. i was expecting eggs and various vegetable products being thrown at us. [o, wait, the night's not over yet... ]
    2006 Washburn WD55SW Augusta, 2006 Washburn J28S12DL, Washburn EA20SDL,
    2008 American Standard Fender Telecaster
    2008 Rondo Limited Edition SST, G&L ASAT Semi-Hollow, Gibson LP Ultra

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Algonquin
    Beautiful job kids

Simple and clean... very easy on the ears. CB, your voice has a wonderful resemblance to Johnette Napolitano.
    really? [blush] i think she's the bomb.

i'm just the aftermath. but thank you.
    2006 Washburn WD55SW Augusta, 2006 Washburn J28S12DL, Washburn EA20SDL,
    2008 American Standard Fender Telecaster
    2008 Rondo Limited Edition SST, G&L ASAT Semi-Hollow, Gibson LP Ultra

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Childbride
    really? [blush] i think she's the bomb.
    Well here's hoping you and Shiner put together a Concrete Clonde tune up here one day :

I think it's gerat the recent activity in the home recording section here on the Fret! Keep it coming Folks
    Gearlist:
    Electric: Ibanez 'AS103', Fender Dlx Nash Pwr Tele, Fender Squier '62 JV Strat, Squier '51, Squier 60's Classic Vibe Strat, Epi Elite LP Studio, Hagstrom Swede Acoustic: Larrivee LV-03RE, A&L AMI, Yamaha FG340-T Bass: Yamaha BB 450 Amps: Roland JC-120, JC-50, Peavey Classic 30, Fender Super Champ XD Pedals: Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Danelectro Cool Cat Drive, Transparent Overdrive, Digitech Digiverb, Bad Monkey, Ibanez TS-9, Boss AC-2, CE-5, CS-2, DD-3, DF-2, DS-1, FV-100, GE-7, OC-2, PSM-5, SD-1, TU-2, DVM~BYOC 'Lush Puppy' Chorus

Post Thanks / Like

Excellent work, Shiner and CB! Both the playing and vocals are fantastic.

Baby Kat started dancing and clapping her hands to the music, which is her two year old official seal of approval!:
    Guitars:
    Fender 2006 MIM Fender Stratocaster HSS in 3TS
    Ibanez RG 570 with a bridge Invader
    ESP M II Deluxe with a Tune-o-Matic bridge
    Eleanor, the magical, mystical Road Worn wonder Tele
    Blackstar HT Club 40

Post Thanks / Like

CB, I'm mailing you a recording contract. I want to get you signed and get you in the studio and on tour.

Shiner can come too, but he will have to work for tips.
    Mark

Post Thanks / Like

We're both huge Concrete Blond fans Algonquin. I just down loaded several tabs for "Joey" and we'll see what we can do.:

Kat, tell baby Kat she's very kind. Uncle Shiner appreciates it.

It's funny Warren, I played guitar for about six months before CB finally broke down and started playing. For months I knew she wanted to, but she wasn't willing to sacrifice the fingernails. Strummy will remember how look it took her to finally start posting over on the "W" forum. When she finally cut the fingernails, I bought her a solid wood six string dread, and she was hooked.

Post Thanks / Like

Great Stuff Shiners!!!

Repeating myself, but damn CB, you've got a terrific voice. Take a big breath and let her rip. :
    "The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic
    hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs.
    There's also a negative side."
    --Hunter S. Thompson

Guitars: Dean Sweet Wood 00R, Martin D2R, Guild D60, Guild D35NT, Morgan Monroe M30, OS baritone Uke

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast