Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
I Axe

Thread: I Axe

Post Thanks / Like

Default I Axe

Anybody seen this yet?

USB-GUITAR iAXE393The Ultimate Electric Guitar with Built-In USB Port to Connect Straight to Your Computer. Jam and Record with Killer Modeling Amps and Stomp Boxes

Computer depicted is not included.

Introducing the Revolutionary iAXE393 USB-Guitar from BEHRINGER

You have a great song in mind and want to record it straight to your PC. You want all your amps and stomp boxes in your workstation so you can jam like you’re in the studio or on stage. With the BEHRINGER iAXE USB-Guitar you’re just a cable away.

The iAXE comes with loads of great-sounding virtual amps and stomp boxes powered by state-of-the-art modeling software. Jam along with your MP3, WAV and AIFF songs or backing tracks on your Mac® or PC. We even included multi-track recording and editing software so you can record your music on the spot.

The high-quality electric guitar comes with a fantastic maple neck and its screaming tone sings through 3 single-coil pickups with 5-way switching. A built-in connector allows you to connect your headphones straight to your guitar so you can jam with your favorite band.
    Cool, isn’t it?

Plug in your new iAXE and rock the world today.

http://behringer.de/iAXE393/index.cfm?lang=ENG

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

looks like a cheap strat... should be fun though, because of the USB cable access... thats the kind of thing you never take out of home hehehe

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

There is one in the Hailey, ID guitar store, (not the Ketchum Sunburst Guitar store). The guitar feels cheap in your hands. The store does not set up its guitars well and they are almost always way out of tune, so without working at it more than I wanted to, I couldn't tell much more about it. The USB stuff plugs into the base of the guitar. Seemed a little toy like to me. YMMV.

EDIT: In fairness, the ease of plugging a regular guitar into a Mac and Garageband made me not that interested in the concept and therefore the guitar, esp. when it felt cheap. Seemed better to get a guitar you like, a cable adapter, and plug into Garageband or the Windows equivalent.
    Last edited by sunvalleylaw; December 20th, 2006 at 12:48 PM.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Or you could get one of these if you want USB connectivity for your guitar.

http://www.soundtech.com/lightsnake/g10.asp
    I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SuperSwede
    Or you could get one of these if you want USB connectivity for your guitar.

http://www.soundtech.com/lightsnake/g10.asp

Its also available with xlr...

http://www.gizmodo.com/gadgets/gadge...emy-211530.php

Jimmie Vaughan Strat , Squire 51
    Epi 56 GoldTop, SX "Vintage" Jazz Bass
    Zager 50, Guild GAD30R (Excellent)
    G-Dec 3 Thirty, Valve Junior & Cab
    Crate PowerBlock, Crate V33H
    JamVox, Studio GX With Mods/Farm 2.0.

Post Thanks / Like

I just use my Guitar port by line 6 with or with out the software that comes with it. I like using it with Guitar rig 2 any of those software packages that let you browse for input devise any way thats all I use no amps to speak of record strait in to the old puter

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Costco.com now has them available for $99 after $20 rebate if anyone is interested.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

- j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

the kids hot me a lightsnake for christmas....gonna give it a try soon....you can also plug into an amp at the same time for real time monitoring

ww
    Quote Originally Posted by just strum
    For the record, my annoyance with Warren has a lot to do with the hissing noises he makes.
    Guitars: Gibson 1998 Les Paul Special : Peavey Predator (Early 90's Fat Strat Copy) : Ibanez GAX30TR
    Brownsville Reso - 101 Electric Reso : Fender GDO-300 Maple Quilt Top Acoustic

Amps: Fender Super Champ XD

Effects: Digitech RP250 Modeling Guitar Processor : DVM "Phased and Confused" Script Phaser Clone : Digitech Bad Monkey
    Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus : Behringer Distortion Modeler : Ernie Ball Volume Pedal : Dunlop Cry Baby Wah

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by warren0728
    the kids hot me a lightsnake for christmas....gonna give it a try soon....you can also plug into an amp at the same time for real time monitoring

ww

Warren, this fellow mac guy wants to know how it works out. Report back please! I bought the Griffin garageband cable. It works fine on my paralegal's G4 "lampshade" iMac, but the sound portion of my motherboard has blown twice! after using it with my iMac Duo. Still waiting on the second new motherboard to come in on warranty through the local shop. Fortunately, the motherboard works other than sound so I can work with it. Also, I could use this old laptop with no sound separate sound input with the lightsnake for USB.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

- j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Hmm, when they designed this guitar, didn't they consider making it with humbuckers, since it'll be used next to a computer for all its life?

Post Thanks / Like

so i plugged in my guitar via the lightsnake and it worked just fine. I have not tried the option of also plugging into my amp for monitoring (just used the monitoring in garage band).

I am having a problem with garage band where in the middle of recording over a backing track, GB stops and says it cannot continue playing because there are too many instruments or tracks....i thought it was probably a memory issue but i have heard that it might be caused by a slow harddrive and that i should hook an external firewire high speed hd to my laptop to prevent the problem.

I'm starting to think a freestanding unit like the zoom mrs8 might be the way to go.

ww
    For the record, my annoyance with Warren has a lot to do with the hissing noises he makes.
    Guitars: Gibson 1998 Les Paul Special : Peavey Predator (Early 90's Fat Strat Copy) : Ibanez GAX30TR

Effects: Digitech RP250 Modeling Guitar Processor : DVM "Phased and Confused" Script Phaser Clone : Digitech Bad Monkey
    Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus : Behringer Distortion Modeler : Ernie Ball Volume Pedal : Dunlop Cry Baby Wah

Post Thanks / Like

UPDATE: I was able to record a complete tune over a backing track today without having the GB issues. The lightsnake works just fine....i had to unplug the usb cord and plug it back in because i was getting some feedback when monitoring was on.

I locked the tracks i wasn't recording on (backing track) and i think that helped with garage Band giving up halfway through the track.

ww

Post Thanks / Like

ok....i recorded a VERY RAW track using the lightsnake and my powerbook.
    I started a new thread in the memnbers sound area for less confusion.

http://www.thefret.net/showthread.php?p=22326#post22326

ww

Post Thanks / Like

Warren,

I went ahead and ordered a lightsnake also. According to the lightsnake site, they are also sold under the Washburn name at Target. I found the Washburn cable on amazon for $29 and free shipping instead of $39 for a lightsnake branded one:

Washburn LUSBG10 (lightsnake)

I have a mac mini and am hoping to use this with garageband for a rythym track for now, and hopefully to record something in the future.