Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I Think Im Improving..

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Justaguyin_nc
    Here is more vocals I was trying to see if I got any browny points with this one.. and it worked..

Shure it worked. It's a great song. Hey, and the guitar work is fine. A very fine alternative to the dideldideldidel high speed shredding....
    Greetings

Christian

Guitars: Fender Telecaster Standard, Squier Classic Vibe 50's Stratocaster, Yamaha Pacifica 412V, Dean Vendetta, J&D LS-1, Collins Stage Western

Amp: Vox Valvetronix AD50VT, Fame GX60R

Pedals: DIY Box of Rock Clone, DIY Linear Power Boster, Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Marshall Regenerator, Digitech Bad Monkey, Harley Benton OD-100, Harley Benton DD-2, Behringer Hellbabe HB01 Wah, Boss DS-1, Boss TU-2, Boss DD-7, EXH Small Clone

Post Thanks / Like

I think I lost the shredder in me that I never found to begin with... Old ears can't take it.. getting to laid back here in the Carolina's... but still got a pulse... had to update this file with some squire 51 fill.. http://www.savefile.com/files/8322929 just cause I wanted to.. and was finding sumpting to do.. I havent a clue what the lead suppose to be but this worked good enough for me.. aint gonna hurt it any..I don't think.. I need to go practice practice practice...

Jimmie Vaughan Strat , Squire 51
    Epi 56 GoldTop, SX "Vintage" Jazz Bass
    Zager 50, Guild GAD30R (Excellent)
    G-Dec 3 Thirty, Valve Junior & Cab
    Crate PowerBlock, Crate V33H
    JamVox, Studio GX With Mods/Farm 2.0.

Post Thanks / Like

Keep it up, Justa! No doubt you have found your style.
    Guitars:
    Fender 2006 MIM Fender Stratocaster HSS in 3TS
    Ibanez RG 570 with a bridge Invader
    ESP M II Deluxe with a Tune-o-Matic bridge
    Eleanor, the magical, mystical Road Worn wonder Tele
    Blackstar HT Club 40

Post Thanks / Like

I surely enjoy this stuff.. I need to go ahead and take this retirement and just sit hours on end playing and playing Like I should have as a child..sigh..

I still need to mix some blues sometimes.. this is MIMstrat62..sx57 bass and the almighty Squier 51.... Justa Slow G blues .. this stuff is so relaxing no matter how it turns out..

http://www.savefile.com/files/2057602

Oh wait..I need to add sad words for blues thingies... ok this one got sad words..

http://www.savefile.com/files/1087124

Download at bottom of page..
    Last edited by Justaguyin_nc; July 8th, 2006 at 01:25 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

I finally figured out why I upload this stuff.. it keeps the pros rolling their eyes and the other beginners a reason to feel they can do better than that guy...lol.. anyways.. this one I was trying to see if I could speed it up a bit while I was passing time here and wanted to try switching pickups while playing.. hey, I have a tough time rubbing my head and patting my tummy... or is that patting my head and rubbing my tummy.... backing with Squier 51 and SX-sjb57 Bass... lead with Squier Tele..

http://www.savefile.com/projects.php?pid=534801

Blues in E (Up tempo for me)

Download on bottom of page.. if your just plain bored and want to roll your eyes..

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, Justa!
    I heard some licks in there that I need to learn. "Up-tempo" is something I work on all the time, but I seem to be "out of time" or my timing is always off, as I'm sure you can tell from my posts. I just try and "hide" it as best I can when I record and post my rambling pickin'.
    I'm gonna try to do something "Willie" if I can. Since I'm self-taught most of my stuff isn't "right" but it's fun. Keep on pickin' and have fun. That's what I do , and it's got me through some real rough times.
    Glenn

Post Thanks / Like

Timing? Im suppose to learn timing too... sheesh!! lol.. Only time I can keep is with a Timex.. but its getting better

Post Thanks / Like

That's a really nice tone Justaguyin_nc... that's sounds really nice through the equipment you use. I never thought such a clear clip could be made by a PC. I may have to give mine a try. Now you've inspsired me!
    "It's funny the way most people love the dead. Once you are dead, you are made for life." - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like

I gotta throw in my Rocky Solo wanna be sound now.... I was admiring a squier tele custom in another post on here and started thinking of ole Keiff and the rolling stones... Tried some tele sounds with my tele squier and vintage pickups..

Clip: Using Fender Cyber-Champ on Red House preset for guitar 1 and 2.. through Tele 1)Bridge lead solo and 2)Neck.. strumm'in loud in the back..

would like to find a long good backing of this song.
    Last edited by Justaguyin_nc; October 11th, 2008 at 02:50 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice take, Justa! Keep up the good work, I never got to play one of those cybers yet but I'll run across one eventually!
    Glenn

Post Thanks / Like

Default Constant Change

Well, I figured it's been a year here.. I have such a problem concentrating on any one group of songs or sounds.. So, this is more or less to see what I did a year from now.. I am now in the need to get a gilmour sound. DSOTM and WALL period seem to be my teenhood.. And lately I can't get off the Pink Floyd boat.. I know this is far from the Gilmour sound.. but it's my sound to date for it.. Hopefully in a year I will have it down.. This is part of the Comfortably Numb loop with me just chilling.. not trying to play gilmour.. just playing.. Used the OLP- John Petrucci stock (Which I am enjoying the stock pickups actually).. Used alot of pedals..for me anyways.. DOD Compressor, into Bad Monkey into BD-2, into IceBox, into DigiVerb and than into Fender Cyber Champ which had the delay and some Flanger... (Are you guys happy giving G.A.S. so people buy and use all this stuff?) .. I think the sound is still far far away.. probably my playing and settings.. Gilmour sounds so much more compressed and THICK.. my next two purchases will be a stand alone delay and the Electric Mistress.. then maybe the DynaComp.. I dunno.. I have a Crate PowerBlock comming and I really want to get all effects needed into stompboxes.. just to be able to make it sound the way I want in any amp or PA system.. I would love to get that deep thick sound he has.. or in the ball park anyways... time will tell... guess learning the songs note for note can't hurt either..heh.. someone take my hand and guide me...
    Last edited by Justaguyin_nc; October 11th, 2008 at 02:50 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Justa,

Nice job on the solo. Your solo sounds very David Gilmour-esc with the effects you are using. If you're trying to get closer to his sound you might want to try the same thing with your Strat. Use either the neck pickup or the bridge+middle position. I noticed that you're using the Cyber Champ. That's a great amp. I used to use a CyberTwin for quite a while and I think that there are similar patches in this amp. Try using the patch called "Classic Stack" or something like that. It's a model of a Marshall. It sounds great with some delay (try the tape delay it's awesome on the Cyber amps) and it might get you very closer to his sound with your Strat.

Good luck with the tone quest, you learn a lot when you try to mimic someone else's sound.

-- Jim
    Electrics: Hamer Newport, Fender Clapton Strat, Ibanez AF86, Line6 Variax 700
    Acoustic Guitars: Taylor 514CE, Martin J40-M
    Dobro: Regal "Black Lightning Dobro"
    Mandolin: Morgan Monroe Mandolin
    Amps: Egnater Rebel 30, Vox AD120VTX, Roland Cube 60
    http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page...?bandid=301718

Post Thanks / Like

Good job Justa. That is a pretty cool sound.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice one Justa.. very smooth!
    I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Thumbs up

Hey Justa, I just started reading this thread today and there's a huge improvement right the way through from June to today, I can hear more confidence coming through in your playing. Excellent work on the Pink Floyd solo - keep it up!!
    - Lev

Main Guitars: Fender US Deluxe HSS Strat, PRS SE C24, Fender Baja Tele
    Bass Guitar: Squier VM Jaguar Special
    Main Amp: Vox AC15
    Main Effects: Digitech EXP-7, Line6 M5, Soul Food, Sub n UP, Flashback, Polara Verb
    Vids: www.youtube.com/levguitar

Post Thanks / Like

Nice Justa! I could not get to the savefile files for some reason (good old error 404), but the MP3's were sweet. Different tones and styles each. Yes, it is inspiring for me to hear what you have accomplished and I played so long last night my ring finger hurts again. That hasn't happened in while so I hope it means I am improving too!
    Thanks to u and all...

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys, I am working at it.. need to fix the bends some more.. need to use a neck pickup.. actually I tried both.. uploaded the bridge one.. I know not having a HiWatt , Big Muff or a Electric Mistress is going to keep me out of the ball park for awhile.. but then I got 40 more years to catch up to Gilmours hand tone anyways..lol..

Quote Originally Posted by Hogfullofblues
    Nice Justa! I could not get to the savefile files for some reason (good old error 404), but the MP3's were sweet. Different tones and styles each. Yes, it is inspiring for me to hear what you have accomplished and I played so long last night my ring finger hurts again. That hasn't happened in while so I hope it means I am improving too!
    Thanks to u and all...
    Thanks Hog... The savefile feature last 30 days.. then poof.. so error 404 expected..
    This forum is probably over the top on being supportive... always feel safe uploading and learning here.. The one thing I have found out within this year is that players here are of different levels and all support and get along with the other.. very rare indeed... seems like the ego is left at the door and the love of music is all that enters here.. Oh, My fingers have hurt on a steady basis for the last year.. it's a pain I can deal with..heh.. wonder if they will ever quit hurting?

Post Thanks / Like

Oh, My fingers have hurt on a steady basis for the last year.. it's a pain I can deal with..heh.. wonder if they will ever quit hurting?
    No they will never quit hurting, but you will stop noticing when you become the note.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

Default chasing glimour

I think the sound is still far far away.. probably my playing and settings.. Gilmour sounds so much more compressed and THICK.. my next two purchases will be a stand alone delay and the Electric Mistress.. then maybe the DynaComp.. I dunno.. I have a Crate PowerBlock comming and I really want to get all effects needed into stompboxes.. just to be able to make it sound the way I want in any amp or PA system.. I would love to get that deep thick sound he has.. or in the ball park anyways... time will tell... guess learning the songs note for note can't hurt either..heh.. someone take my hand and guide me...
    Well since that post I added a DynaComp which really made a difference in sound... also, although not a Big Muff like David got..

Umm disregard..yuck..ack... couldntt ell one from the other..

Sure wish Delete your own message was still available...
    Last edited by Justaguyin_nc; December 23rd, 2006 at 08:53 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12