Thread: I Think Im Improving..

Threaded View

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up I Think Im Improving..

Well, this is more of a thank you then anything... I only been on the Fret.net for around 9 months and I was thinking if it has helped... well heck yeah it has... I found my way here through Robert Renman's site while I was thinking of buying a Vox amp..which in turn I did not.. but thats a good thing in a way.. What I found out through this site is what I like in sound and equipment even if not the main equipment most use here.. I also purchased a Squier51 which I still love to death... again from this site and more importantly Robert Renman... Through the other users.. many many of you guys... I found different sites which also helped me figure how to start playing.. I started here knowing hardly how to strum and maybe a blues scales and with more and more reading..reading and more reading it's led me to enjoy playing and learning how to.. I still can't keep a beat worth a S*** but I can tell my own self it's improving.. I've now found myself trying Nylon guitars and still hang on Electric site..lol.. I guess it's all the same.. and truelly an adventure...

This little clip (Ibanez Nylon to cyber-champ into audigy card to audacity to mp3) which corrections have not been made because I guess this is how I play most of them with the errors still.. is what I am up to now...ba'r with me..still a beginner...G7 C7 D7 then in the middle tried a barred G7, C9, D9 then back to the sevens and a little riff thrown in under/over the G7 C7 I enjoy playing different 12 bar blues or jazzy kinda sometimes.. This is what I sit for hours trying to play clean .. trying 7ths and such makes these new chords to me a challenge I know I need to take.. and its getting better.

Im noticing more and more Willie Nelson's Jazz/Blues sound in his country songs and classics which I am no place near on getting down his way yet.. But nelson's playing and voicings are just amazing to me..

Anyways... different keys and trying different voicings.. again through listening/reading the posts ya'll put out about ways to play... and trying to play chords and throwing in a little riff in places.. you pros think it's easy..lol..think back..it sure aint for me... but thats the help I been blessed with finding on this site these last few months.. different styles and views.. thanks fellas...
    Last edited by Justaguyin_nc; November 12th, 2006 at 12:07 PM.

Jimmie Vaughan Strat , Squire 51
    Epi 56 GoldTop, SX "Vintage" Jazz Bass
    Zager 50, Guild GAD30R (Excellent)
    G-Dec 3 Thirty, Valve Junior & Cab
    Crate PowerBlock, Crate V33H
    JamVox, Studio GX With Mods/Farm 2.0.