Thread: Posting

Post Thanks / Like

Default Posting

Hello all,

I wondered how you look over the threads when you come to the forum? I scan the main page which probably most do but I feel bad sometimes when I want to post something and someone else has just posted. It knocks their post off the main page. This might be in a member clip or for sale heading, something where I am uncomfortable taking their spot and knocking it off the main page.
    Is there anyway that a few posts in each thread could be seen on the main page? This way you could see a few of the most recent posts without clicking on each heading to see if you missed something or post somthing and not knock someone off.

Just a thought.

M29

Post Thanks / Like

i come to the forum page....click "new posts"

read a post....reply if i want to and then hit new posts again....

repeat until there are no new posts....

then click "today's posts" to see if i missed anything else....
    Quote Originally Posted by just strum
    For the record, my annoyance with Warren has a lot to do with the hissing noises he makes.
    Guitars: Gibson 1998 Les Paul Special : Peavey Predator (Early 90's Fat Strat Copy) : Ibanez GAX30TR
    Brownsville Reso - 101 Electric Reso : Fender GDO-300 Maple Quilt Top Acoustic

Amps: Fender Super Champ XD

Effects: Digitech RP250 Modeling Guitar Processor : DVM "Phased and Confused" Script Phaser Clone : Digitech Bad Monkey
    Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus : Behringer Distortion Modeler : Ernie Ball Volume Pedal : Dunlop Cry Baby Wah

Northern Ohio - Near Cleveland - Home of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame http://www.rockhall.com/
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by warren0728

Ditto. Then I see a few I want to read and then hit "mark as read". You people post a hell of a lot of messages from Midnight to 8:00 AM eastern std time.
    Mark
    * Loud is good, good is better!

Post Thanks / Like

I always go to "view recent posts" and that way I can keep up on what everyone is currently talking about. After I've read everything I then go to "quick links and mark forums read." That way the next time I log on everything new that has been posted shows up in bold and I can then see what is up.

Zup dog?

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys thats some good advice, I am a little slow.

M29

Post Thanks / Like

That's what I do as well, but if Warren is also logged in then the "repeat until there are no new posts" never terminates.
    I pick a moon dog.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tot_Ou_tard
    That's what I do as well, but if Warren is also logged in then the "repeat until there are no new posts" never terminates.
    ummm....your post count is higher than mine and you haven't been here as long as me.... :
    Quote Originally Posted by just strum
    For the record, my annoyance with Warren has a lot to do with the hissing noises he makes.
    Guitars: Gibson 1998 Les Paul Special : Peavey Predator (Early 90's Fat Strat Copy) : Ibanez GAX30TR
    Brownsville Reso - 101 Electric Reso : Fender GDO-300 Maple Quilt Top Acoustic

Amps: Fender Super Champ XD

Effects: Digitech RP250 Modeling Guitar Processor : DVM "Phased and Confused" Script Phaser Clone : Digitech Bad Monkey
    Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus : Behringer Distortion Modeler : Ernie Ball Volume Pedal : Dunlop Cry Baby Wah

Post Thanks / Like

ummm....your post count is higher than mine and you haven't been here as long as me.... :
    Ooops, I mistook you for Strummy.
    I pick a moon dog.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by M29
    I am uncomfortable taking their spot and knocking it off the main page.
    M29
    I feel the same way when there is a Birthday post, so I try to avoid posting in the 'Open Mic' section. It may sound odd, but I don't feel right bumping the Birthday Boy or Girl off the main page.
    Gearlist:
    Electric: Ibanez 'AS103', Fender Dlx Nash Pwr Tele, Fender Squier '62 JV Strat, Squier '51, Squier 60's Classic Vibe Strat, Epi Elite LP Studio, Hagstrom Swede Acoustic: Larrivee LV-03RE, A&L AMI, Yamaha FG340-T Bass: Yamaha BB 450 Amps: Roland JC-120, JC-50, Peavey Classic 30, Fender Super Champ XD Pedals: Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Danelectro Cool Cat Drive, Transparent Overdrive, Digitech Digiverb, Bad Monkey, Ibanez TS-9, Boss AC-2, CE-5, CS-2, DD-3, DF-2, DS-1, FV-100, GE-7, OC-2, PSM-5, SD-1, TU-2, DVM~BYOC 'Lush Puppy' Chorus