Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Crate V5 mods... anyone?

Thread: Crate V5 mods... anyone?

Threaded View

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tarin
    Yep, i'm one of those who fell for the Crate V-Series blowout sale, at first i bought the V-18, and considered it a good amp, great for the price... sold it after a great offer made to me.
    Went back to MF only to find out they were out of stock (also in GC, Sameday, Samash and everywhere).
    Made my homework on the V5, and althought it had bad reviews i went for it thinking "how bad could it be" and "even if it's that bad, somebody will come out with mods for it".

Well, the amp sounds pretty bad (not as bad as the reviews claim, once the cheapo speaker breaks in you get decent tones, that and an EQ pedal), and as of now nobody has come out with a mod for it.

I got in touch with an Ebay seller who has one "Modded Crate V5" on sale but he asks 230 bucks for it and doesn't sell any mod kit for it (he claims modding this amp consists on almost building an entire new circuit).

I'm sure i'm not the only one stuck with a V5 waiting for mods... any help?
    Try going over to www.sewatt.com and sign up. There's a new Crate 5 watt discussion just starting there. There's not much info yet, but it may generate some. There's not a whole lot of love there for the Crate 5 watt circuit, so be forewarned. It might need darn near a whole new circuit...

EDIT TO ADD: I see our new member deafelectro has already been in the Crate discussion on sewatt.co as his alter ego Manoteal...I thought his post here looked familiar...
    Last edited by Bloozcat; December 12th, 2008 at 02:17 PM.