Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Amp U Plug And Play?

Thread: Amp U Plug And Play?

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Amp U Plug And Play?

Well, there are certainly lots of alternatives out there when buying an amp. Here's one for practicing that fits in your case.

http://ampuplugnplay.com/

I just found this through an advertisement, thought I'd mention it to you.

There are sound clips on the site, doesn't sound too bad. For 35 bucks, I guess it might be worth it.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Could this be like the Brian May Vox amp? I notice there is no knobs.

I listened to the clips and could detect that thin nasal sound that SS distortion gets. I hate to come off as a curmudgeon but I can't think of an instance where I would use it.

I also noticed there are no specs. for the unit. As far as we know the volume is less than an acoustic and they just put the mic right up to the speaker.

I think I'd rather save my $35 and just buy some Carlsberg and have a cold one with Super Swede and Robert.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    I listened to the clips and could detect that thin nasal sound that SS distortion gets.
    Bah!!! how can you say such a thing, I never get thin distorsion

Anyway, I tried the Vox Brian May and I must say that it had a really useable sound! Check one out, you might be surprised! (And they are really cheap too)

I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009

Post Thanks / Like

I was talking about the NEW Brian May AC30. The one that costs the equivalent of a 3rd world GNP.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

Interesting Robert.
    I think that would come in handy, especially for the guys that practice during lunch break in there car. I'm serious too, I've seen a lot of people doing that.

I wonder if you could set it up to go through pedals, pods, etc. That would be really cool too!
    Zõ§õ
    The power that music has to connect people to each other has always been one of the guitarists driving forces. - John Frusciante

Axes'
    R-Axe Guitars "Black Betty" - 1st Ultimate DIY
    Ibanez X-Series-DT350 (Star Shape)
    Ibanez AEG10E - Black
    Yamaha RBX200F Fretless w/DiMarzio DP127 Pup

Amps
    Peavey 110 Audition

Pedals/FX
    CryBaby 535Q
    DigiTech CF7 Chorus Factory
    BOSS BD-2

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    I was talking about the NEW Brian May AC30. The one that costs the equivalent of a 3rd world GNP.
    Oh I havent seen that one... sorry.
    I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009