Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
First Suhr gig tonight

Thread: First Suhr gig tonight

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Default First Suhr gig tonight

I spent some time setting up my tremolo bridge to float, and I adjusted the action (raised it a bit). Oh man, it's so sweet now! I put a bit of Nut Sauce on the nut and this baby stays in tune so well now, even if I yank and wank!

Myra and I got called in last minute for a gig tonight. Turns out the scheduled artist stole money and a car from someone at the establishment.... so he is in jail, facing 9 different charges.... so we got the gig, neeeneer neeener neeener!

I'll be sporting my Suhr of course, and maybe my Tele (I'm bringing it as a backup) if any tunes call for it. I hope to get some photos taken since I have some pals coming and I've got my camera there.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

The artist stole a car?? So who was scheduled to play, Winona Ryder?
    I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know, all that money and you're bringing a backup! Tsk, tsk

It's always nice to get the new guitar out of the house and earning its keep.
    Electric: Fat strat > Korg PB > TS7 > DS1 > DD-20 > Cube 60 (Fender model)

Acoustic: Guitar > microphone > audience

Post Thanks / Like

Haha, the guy who was supposed to play there must have major issues... maybe it really was Winona, I dunno.

I just came back from the gig and it was fun. I got lots of oooohs and aaaaaahs for my guitar tone! Several people asked what gear I was using to get that tone.

I brought the Tele as a backup but never needed it of course! Still, I like to bring a backup guitar in case a string breaks or something.

The other good thing with this gig is that we probably are getting a New Year's Eve gig out of it. They asked us right away if we were available, so suhr, why not!?
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.

Post Thanks / Like

Nicely done. Glad the new toy worked out and you got another gig out of the deal. :
    "The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic
    hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs.
    There's also a negative side."
    --Hunter S. Thompson

Guitars: Dean Sweet Wood 00R, Martin D2R, Guild D60, Guild D35NT, Morgan Monroe M30, OS baritone Uke

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats Robert, it must have been good.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by street music
    Congrats Robert, it must have been good.
    It "suhr-ly" must have been!

Congrats on the new gig! Just remember it's that ball in Times Square that drops as the new year comes in, not your ax! Have a great time, Robert! :

Post Thanks / Like

glad the gig went well! did you get any pics?
    Quote Originally Posted by just strum
    For the record, my annoyance with Warren has a lot to do with the hissing noises he makes.
    Guitars: Gibson 1998 Les Paul Special : Peavey Predator (Early 90's Fat Strat Copy) : Ibanez GAX30TR
    Brownsville Reso - 101 Electric Reso : Fender GDO-300 Maple Quilt Top Acoustic

Amps: Fender Super Champ XD

Effects: Digitech RP250 Modeling Guitar Processor : DVM "Phased and Confused" Script Phaser Clone : Digitech Bad Monkey
    Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus : Behringer Distortion Modeler : Ernie Ball Volume Pedal : Dunlop Cry Baby Wah

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds great, and you got another gig, too!
    Which amph/amphs did you use?
    Guitars
    Wilburn Versatare, '52 FrankenTele(Fender licensed parts), Fender USA Roadhouse Strat, Fender USA Standard B-bender Telecaster, Agile AL 3000 w/ WCR pickups, Ibanez MIJ V300 Acoustic, Squier Precision Bass,
    Amps
    Ceriatone Overtone Special, Musicman 212 Sixty-Five, Fender Blues Jr., Peavey Classic 30, Fender Super Reverb, Traynor YCV-40 WR Anniversary w/ matching 1x12 ext. cab, Epiphone SoCal 50w head w/ matching 4x12 cab (Lady Luck speakers), Avatar 2x12 semi-open back cab w/ Celestion speakers
    Pedals
    Digitech Bad Monkey, Digitech Jamman, DVM's ZYS, Goodrich volume pedal

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Robert
    The other good thing with this gig is that we probably are getting a New Year's Eve gig out of it. They asked us right away if we were available, so suhr, why not!?
    Awesome, your new guitar seems to be a real good luck charm
    I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Looks like it was a fun gig! I like the look of that Mack amph sitting on top of the cab back there too, and of course your new guitar looks great. I just wish there was some sound to go along with those pics, but thanks for sharing the pics anyway.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

The drummer actually recorded the gig with his video camera. I will try and get a copy of it.

Post Thanks / Like

Just 148,001 more gigs like that and that baby will be paid off! :
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn