Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How do you feel about "relic" guitars?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tot_Ou_tard
    My overconditioned brain thinks tone comes from closing your eyes & soaking in the tone waves that are all around us but need wooing to manifest.
    My overconditioned brain just wants more and different guitars...in different colors, shapes and in varying conditions.

Post Thanks / Like

As a huge Clash fan I`d never buy the relic Tele , it seems completely against the Clash and Strummer`s punk ethos , quite a few years back I bought a Tele after a lunch time sesh in the pub and sanded the custard yellow finish off virtually destroying any value the guitar had , I did`nt care though it was exactly what i wanted, a workhorse guitar that i was`nt bothered about being abused . Anyway i`m off now to go shopping for a willie nelson relic .

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Geraint Jones
    As a huge Clash fan I`d never buy the relic Tele , it seems completely against the Clash and Strummer`s punk ethos
    Hear, hear on the Strummer tele. It's just the kind of corporate cash-in that Joe would never have authorised in his lifetime.

Anyway i`m off now to go shopping for a willie nelson relic
    Yep, just what the world needs! A nylon strung Martin with holes in it
    Electric: Fat strat > Korg PB > TS7 > DS1 > DD-20 > Cube 60 (Fender model)

Acoustic: Guitar > microphone > audience

Post Thanks / Like

Mind you if the price was right as discussed earlier i might consider it . I remember reading an interview with Andy Summers a few months back about the Tele he`d bought for a few hundred quid in the early days of the Police, I bet the Fender execs are having a big Christmas party this year.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ShortBuSX
    My overconditioned brain just wants more and different guitars...in different colors, shapes and in varying conditions.
    Yes, "relic" is just another finish option like candy-apple red or paisley. It's typically an expensive "upgrade", but if that look floats your boat then so be it.
    I pick a moon dog.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, "relic" is just another finish option like candy-apple red or paisley. It's typically an expensive "upgrade", but if that look floats your boat then so be it.

And Im saying go look at one, pick one up...I really didnt think much of that guitar before doing so, like Id said, Ive never even been a Clash fan, that guitar is just cool man.
    But I reckon like most things around here, its subjective...were going to have differing opinions on occasion *shrug*

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Geraint Jones
    Anyway i`m off now to go shopping for a willie nelson relic .
    Have you seen Willie lately? He's pretty much in the relic status as well... His guitar has the "relic" look, but it came by it honestly. I still love his music and hearing him play and sing! :

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, Willie Nelson he`s one of a kind . The strings must be the only thing holding that Martin together .

Post Thanks / Like

And Im saying go look at one, pick one up...I really didnt think much of that guitar before doing so, like Id said, Ive never even been a Clash fan, that guitar is just cool man.
    But I reckon like most things around here, its subjective...were going to have differing opinions on occasion *shrug*
    I didn't even realize that we were having a difference of opinion, but of course that will happen now & then.

I'll definitely give one a try if I see one.
    I pick a moon dog.

Post Thanks / Like

I didn't even realize that we were having a difference of opinion, but of course that will happen now & then.

I'll definitely give one a try if I see one.
    ...but if that look floats your boat then so be it.
    Sorry, I reckon I took your response the wrong way.
    But do me a favor and lemme know what you think of the JS when you do get a chance to try one.

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry, I reckon I took your response the wrong way.
    But do me a favor and lemme know what you think of the JS when you do get a chance to try one.
    Yes, I see. Some use the "floats your boat" phrase in a snide way. I meant it in a "Whatever gets you through the night...It's alright. It's alright." kind'a way.

Nothing wrong with a floating boat as far as I can see.
    I pick a moon dog.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123