Thread: Hello in Guitarland I am new to this site

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Hello in Guitarland I am new to this site

Hello I am new here and love to talk about music and guitars and hope to learn from all of on this space. I have been playing for about 15 years and look forward to hearing about experiences about playing and things like that. I only have a few questions to start: 1. Are there any Ibanez fans out there?? and # 2. Of all of us who have tried and or failed, is there someone who can help me figure out how rout and drill without cracking the body of my guitar. I am trying to go from the classic single, single double to double single double. Any help would be cool, and if anyone knows how to custom paint that would be cool to. Thanks:

Post Thanks / Like

IF_36, welcome! I think you're going to like it around here. Sounds like you want to do some modifications of the type that scare me. No reason for that to stop you, though. There's a very recent thread (today?) talking about painting with spray cans. If you're wanting something a little more involved, I'm sure someone else can help. Good luck! Looking forward to hearing more from you. What other gear do you have?
    Guitars: Squier Standard Tele; Fender MIM fat strat; Traveler Speedster
    Amp: Vox AD30VT; Vox DA5; Fender Frontman 25R
    Other: DigiTech Bad Monkey; Tascam CD-GT1; Korg Pandora
    GAS'n for: Nothing at the moment!

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome I Freak.

I am too (an I freak). I have plenty of them (Ibanezezzes). I live close to the importer for the Western USA and usually find something yummy at their warehouse from time to time. All the guys around here think I just have Strats. Shhh. Don't tell them, but I have a nice arsenal of Ibanez guitars too.

As for routing single to hum...What model of axe is it? Does it have a pickguard? Do you have to rout it or would you settle for one of the many single coil sized humbuckers available?
    If it's a nice model I wouldn't rout it. The value will vanish. If it's a GIO then just get one of the single coil sized humbuckers.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Actually Spudman has an arsenal of a lot of gear! Pedals, amps, and who knows what.

Welcome IFreak, but I don't have any Ibanezes right now, I had a JEM 777 once! Cool guitar, shoulda kept it.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome #36. I glad you found this site and joined. This is the place to be.
    Guitars:

Electric: Washburn HB-30, Squier Tele Custom Deluxe, Jay Turser Strat.
    Acoustic: Seagull S6.

AMPs: VOX AD30VT, Peavey Envoy 110.

Modelers: V-AMP 2, Digitech RP-100A.

Pedals: Boss RC-2 Loop Station, Boss CE-5 Chorus Ensemble, Digitech Bad Monkey, Ibanez DE7 Delay/Echo, DOD VFX40B 7-Band Graphic EQ, Ibanez CS-5 Super Chorus.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Thanks for the welcome

Hey all thanks for the instant welcome, I know this is the site for me. I will post alot of questions too, thanks again
    For those who dare to be good, it aint enough, therefore you should strive to be great!!!

Post Thanks / Like

As long as an instrument has 6 or 12 strings I love it no matter what the make or model! A name is nothing more than a name... 'different strokes for different folks' is a motto I live by.

I used to be a Ibanez fan until I rediscovered Fenders. I think Ibanez guitars are great bang for the buck, but the body shape is just uncomfortable for me and the necks are too thin with my carpel tunnel. Bring on the baseball bats I say!
    "It's funny the way most people love the dead. Once you are dead, you are made for life." - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome!!

From where I come from Ibanez are "THE THING!" very versatile guitars... not my style though, Im kinda retro when its time to choose my gear... I think they`re great bangs for the buck too!

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome, IF-36! My RG was my first "pro level" instrument. To this day, 14 years or so later, it still feels like as comfortable to play as the day I picked it up (when it's working right).
    Guitars:
    Fender 2006 MIM Fender Stratocaster HSS in 3TS
    Ibanez RG 570 with a bridge Invader
    ESP M II Deluxe with a Tune-o-Matic bridge
    Eleanor, the magical, mystical Road Worn wonder Tele
    Blackstar HT Club 40

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome Ibanez Freak.. I had a Ibanez lawsuit LP copy once, it was really good..
    I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome! This is a nice, relaxed place to be--you'll dig it.