Thread: Items that you wish came relic'd?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Items that you wish came relic'd?

The relic conversation has always made me think of other items that I wish would come relic'd...and I keep coming back to the idea of "relic'd cell phones".
    It never fails, it maybe days, weeks or even months...but if I get a new cell phone, sooner or later I will get out of my car with the phone on my lap only to watch the damn thing skate across the parking lot:
    So now I want a relic'd phone...one that looks like its got high mileage, worn in and missing most of its color...like a dog might have gotten ahold of it...but new, all at the same time.
    Thats my idea *shrug*
    You got any?

Northern Ohio - Near Cleveland - Home of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame http://www.rockhall.com/
    Post Thanks / Like

How about an antique relic?
    Mark
    * Loud is good, good is better!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by just strum
    How about an antique relic?
    To be perfectly honest, Id really like a cell phone thats the size of a hefty cordless phone...then throw in all the modern features you want, then relic it for me!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Nah, I'll put my own mojo marks on my cell phones, mountain bikes, skis, guitars etc, though I try to have as few marks as possible on my guitars and electronics and guitars. Mountain bikes and skis just collect excellent mojo marks no matter what if you are using them.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sunvalleylaw
    Nah, I'll put my own mojo marks on my...mountain bikes
    Whoa! Hey! Dont scratch mah bike!
    No, Id never want a reclic'd bike...Ive got a 15 year old Trek that still looks new, and thats not from lack of use.

Northern Ohio - Near Cleveland - Home of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame http://www.rockhall.com/
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a Trek I will trade for a guitar or amp
    Mark

Post Thanks / Like

I have a Trek I will trade for a guitar or amp
    Ehey, Ive got enough bikes...and it seems theres always a few laying around in need of repair. I know youre probably kidding, but try Craigslist, Ive had great luck selling a few on there.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not into relics, if it's naturally aged that's alright, I don't like to see aging increase at a abnormal rate. IMO a fake is a fake, so if that's what you want go for it. Relic defined-an object venerated because of its association with a saint or martyr. Maybe it should be a FENDER cell phone in the shape of a Strat?????

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ShortBuSX
    Ehey, Ive got enough bikes...and it seems theres always a few laying around in need of repair. I know youre probably kidding, but try Craigslist, Ive had great luck selling a few on there.

Nope, not kidding. Also have a Volkscycle (you will have to attempt to Google that one)
    Mark

Post Thanks / Like

Nope, not kidding. Also have a Volkscycle (you will have to attempt to Google that one)
    Now youre talking about giving me money?
    Reminds me of a Schwinn LaTour...soon as wed see one of those walk in the shop, wed begin to hide!
    I really mean no offense...Im sure it was a great bike, but it was repairing bikes like that(beachside) that make me glad I dont work in a shop anymore.

Post Thanks / Like

Being totally serious here.

Military models.

When I was younger I loved making model planes and tanks and assorted military models. The most time consuming part of making a cool military model is making it look used and abused. Matte washes, dry brushing, repositioning limbs and melting dents in fenders, bullet holes and oil streaks and all that kind of thing. Best use of "Relic'ing" I can think of.

As far as Music gear goes, I do like the look of yellowed "aged" maple necks. I find the 'new' maple necks just look a bit too clean for my tastes. Although it's worth mentioning all three of my guitars have rosewood fingerboards so....

Amps, well I love the look of lacquered tweed, but I'd rather wear one out myself than pay a LOT extra for the Fender re-issues that come with scratches and dings and water marks from glasses.