Thread: Vox Black Diamond Series....NO GO

Post Thanks / Like

Default Vox Black Diamond Series....NO GO

I don't know if anyone saw this or not (it's on valvetronix.net) but the long awaited Vox Black Diamond Series amp has been scrapped by Vox, due to cost.

With companies like Peavey (Vypyr), Line 6 (Spider Valve) and a few other companies producing less expensive modeling amps, Vox decided to scrap the production of the Black Diamond Series amp. The amp was going to be 200 watts and much like the blue series Valvetronix amps.
    Guitars: 2003 and 2004 American series strats, Squier Classic Vibe 50's Strat, Squier Deluxe Strat.

Amps: Line 6 Spider IV 120, Vox AD50VT 212, and Peavey Transtube Bandit 112.

Pedals: Digitech Bad Monkey.

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow that is surprising! Sounds strange to me.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

there are more amps available today than ever in the history of music , I'm not suprised that vox or any manufacture is considering what is out there already.

I'm looking into a new amp soon and the options are nothing short boggling, I've got a list 2 pages long of amps I would like to try out. ofcourse several are probably out of my sane price range
    guitars-esp m1,esp vintage plus strat,85 gibson LP std,Hamer std,hagstrom xl-5,takamine 330r
    amps-egnater tweaker,epi vj w/brat mod
    efx-byoc/dvm comp, j cantrell wah,ocd,catalinbread dls,wampler plextortion,ibanez chorus,tech21 boost dla

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Robert
    Wow that is surprising! Sounds strange to me.
    I guess they priced themselves out of the market. Here is the link to the thread.

http://www.valvetronix.net/forums/bl...ome-t2224.html

If you look at the Vox amp website, the Black Diamond series isn't even listed anymore : (
    Guitars: 2003 and 2004 American series strats, Squier Classic Vibe 50's Strat, Squier Deluxe Strat.

Amps: Line 6 Spider IV 120, Vox AD50VT 212, and Peavey Transtube Bandit 112.

Pedals: Digitech Bad Monkey.

Post Thanks / Like

They probably realized they could make the revenue with the Satchurator and Timeline pedals. Pedals would cost a lot less to produce.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

The new VT´s looks like a lot of fun... The Black Diamond was too expensive for a modeling/tube hybrid anyway.
    I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009