Thread: Attention Robin Trower fans - What's best to listen to for a newbie?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Attention Robin Trower fans - What's best to listen to for a newbie?

I recently got into Robin Trower (aka the "white" Hendrix) and love his playing. What are some of the best albums you would recommend to introduce a new fan of his music to?
    "It's funny the way most people love the dead. Once you are dead, you are made for life." - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Trem,

I would suggest to you listening to the classic Bridge of Sighs first, then any other of the 70`s records, Twice Removed From Yesterday (the 1st one), For Earth Below and Long Misty Days... check out also the "Live at Stockholm" amazing, amazing album...

Post Thanks / Like

Ya, "Bridge Of Sighs" is a must. Also, any of his BLT material is really good too. That is Bruce (Jack), Lordan (Bill) and Trower (Robin). So you get Jack Bruces singing and the tightness Lordan and Trower have built up over the years together. I like it. Tasty album cover too.
    http://tralfaz-archives.com/coverart/T/trower_blt.html

The other album Bruce and Trower did together was called "Truce."

"Back It Up" from 1983 is also one of my favorites. 1988's "Take What You Need" was cool too because Robin got away from his usual power trio format with good results. Davey Pattison is singing on this one and "In The Line Of Fire" from 1990. I liked Davey when he sang for Montrose and he really gives the "classic" rock feel to these two albums. James Dewar is however definitely the classic singer for Robin's albums. So the older stuff is what most people think of when they think Robin Trower.

Oh I almost forgot, "Victims Of The Fury" is great too. Classic line up.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys... I'll take a look for those in the store this week.
    "It's funny the way most people love the dead. Once you are dead, you are made for life." - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like

Caravan to Midnight is one of my favorite albums along with Bridge of Sighs Try
    http://www.trowerpower.com/index.html
    Or
    http://www.angelfire.com/ca/RobinTrower/RTNewsHis.html
    For more info
    To Old To Die Young
    Epi Les Paul
    Vox Valvetronix AD 100 vt