Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Hello from Wales - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hello from Wales

Post Thanks / Like

dont the stereophonics hail from that part of wales? (could be wrong of course)
    Guitars Gordon Smith GS1.5-40, Peavey Generation EXP, Ovation Celebrity electro

Amps Behringer GM110

Effects Danelectro Blue Paisley pure drive, Danelectro Cool Cat CD1 Distortion, Danelectro Black Paisley liquid metal, Danelectro Cool Cat chorus(original 18v model), Danelectro Dan Echo delay, Line 6 Toneport GX,

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Geraint Jones
    ...in a small village called Cwmaman where men are men and sheep are scared .

You will fit in here very well my good Geraint
    I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009

Post Thanks / Like

Yes the Steriophonics do indeed come from the same small village , in fact Kelly Jones used to hang out in a guitar shop that opened briefly in the late 80`s where i bought my epiphone from .

Post Thanks / Like

Hey there and welcome. Griff Rhys Jones (of Smith and Jones fame) is also Welsh isn't he? Come to think of it, so is Sir Harry Secombe.

I just have a question regarding the Gaelic (?) you wrote in your first post. Is it commonly spoken in Wales, i.e out on the street? Also, how much does the dialect differ from that in Scotland and Ireland? It certainly is a beautiful sounding language, there is a Welsh group Super Furry Animals who sometimes sing in Gaelic (I hope I'm using the correct term here). I've also heard their singer do stuff with a Scots band called Mogwai (the song is called Dial R for Revenge off their album Rock Action). I think it would be very difficult to convey the same atmosphere/emotion in English.

Anyway, enough of my rambling, good to have you here.

Post Thanks / Like

Hello Suhnton , Griff Rhys Jones sounds a bit English to me but Harry Secombe was Mister Wales when I was growing up . Us Welsh have our own language which is not so common in the South , but frequently heard in the North and West of Wales . I love the Super Furry Animals , they`re really out there on their own i suppose , check out Neon Neon , Gruff Rhys`s latest collaboration

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome Sir Geraint of Dumnonia!

I see that you have been followed here by Sir Percival of Gales as well...

Post Thanks / Like

Yes indeed my mother was a hamster and my father smelt of elderberries . Bloozecat

Post Thanks / Like

'Bout time I got around to welcoming you here, Geraint! I'm half Welsh myself, with my mom's side of the family (father = Hughes, mother = Williams; there were Jones', Lloyd's and Griffiths' on her side, too) who emigrated from the mines of Wales (Blaenau Ffestiniog area, I believe) to work in the slate & marble quarries of Vermont. And I see we both share a love of Strats & SRV! :
    Last edited by duhvoodooman; December 26th, 2008 at 04:20 PM.
    DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

WELCOME
    "I love being alive and I will be the best man I possibly can. I will take love wherever I find it and offer it to whoever will take it... seek knowledge from those wiser and teach those who wish to learn from me."
    "Develop your talent, man, and leave the world something. Records are really gifts from people. To think that an artist would love you enough to share his music with anyone is a beautiful thing."
    Duane Skydog Allman

You come to a point in your life when you really don't care what people think about you, you just care what you think about yourself." - Evel Knievel

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12