Thread: A Visit to the Music Shop

Northern Ohio - Near Cleveland - Home of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame http://www.rockhall.com/
    Post Thanks / Like

Default A Visit to the Music Shop

Usually I work through all or most of my lunch, but since I am counting down the days, I decided to take a drive at lunch today. It is cold and raining here today and a visit to a warm music shop was just the ticket.

The store is primarily a Fender shop, but on this visit they had some Epi LP's, an Ibanez HB, and some Michael Kelly guitars.

I am not a big LP fan, so I didn't bother with them. Since I was running short on time, I stuck with playing two Strats. Plug them in to a Fender Blues Jr. and played around for about 15 minutes until the sales guy finally came over to make his pitch.

I told the guy I was just looking, unplugged the guitar, put it on the rack and then walked towards the back. I proceeded to select about $6.00 in picks and paid for them.

I'm sure the guy was expecting a Christmas sale and was disappointed. However, he has no idea how disappointed I was to be walking out with just $6.00 in picks.
    Mark
    * Loud is good, good is better!

Northern Ohio - Near Cleveland - Home of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame http://www.rockhall.com/
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh, and these picks are great and to think - 11 for under $6.00:

One Fender V sharp tip - heavy
    One Fender V round tip - medium
    four "Cool" V picks (2-1.0mm and 2- 0.75mm)
    a really thick 208USA
    and the last four they had of my favorite Stubby 1.00
    Mark

Post Thanks / Like

Dang, man, you sound like me. Drool all over the good stuff and buy a set of strings or a handful of picks. That's the usual course of action. The one time I did actually buy a guitar, I returned it the next day. Oh, and one other time I bought one from an actual music store, I wound up selling it to some nut from Ohio. :

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bigoldron
    I wound up selling it to some nut from Ohio. :
    Probably a Buckeye.
    Mark

Post Thanks / Like

I was checking out the Fender Princeton 65 Reissue at the best buy music store.

After I was done the guy asked me how I liked the amp, so I I told him that I thought it was great.

Guy: "So should I go in back & grab you one?"

Me:
    I pick a moon dog.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tot_Ou_tard

After I was done the guy asked me how I liked the amp, so I I told him that I thought it was great.

Me:
    Best Buy in Canada are not on commission, are they elsewhere?
    Gearlist:
    Electric: Ibanez 'AS103', Fender Dlx Nash Pwr Tele, Fender Squier '62 JV Strat, Squier '51, Squier 60's Classic Vibe Strat, Epi Elite LP Studio, Hagstrom Swede Acoustic: Larrivee LV-03RE, A&L AMI, Yamaha FG340-T Bass: Yamaha BB 450 Amps: Roland JC-120, JC-50, Peavey Classic 30, Fender Super Champ XD Pedals: Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Danelectro Cool Cat Drive, Transparent Overdrive, Digitech Digiverb, Bad Monkey, Ibanez TS-9, Boss AC-2, CE-5, CS-2, DD-3, DF-2, DS-1, FV-100, GE-7, OC-2, PSM-5, SD-1, TU-2, DVM~BYOC 'Lush Puppy' Chorus

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by just strum
    playing two Strats. Plug them in to a Fender Blues Jr. and played around for about 15 minutes...and then walked...
    How do you walk away from such a great combo???
    Is this a review about picks?:

Did these Strats have a name??? :

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tot_Ou_tard

Me:
    "Hey yeah, grab yourself one too...I'll meet you out back with the getaway car!"

Post Thanks / Like

I was out with the Mrs today and drove within 500 ft of the guitar shop but wouldn't allow myself to go in because I have enough gear right now until I learn to play much better. I'm going to try and get down enough practice time to play at least 4 songs with ability to make it worthy of posting on this site. Until then GAS-GAS-GAS.