Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Where the heck did that raffle thread go? - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Where the heck did that raffle thread go?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Blazes
    4 days left
    Uh, till what? Friday (2 days) is the last day to enter! Saturday's the day they'll select the winner!

Maybe you mean 4 days until they notify me that I'm the WINNER!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bigoldron
    Uh, till what? Friday (2 days) is the last day to enter! Saturday's the day they'll select the winner!
    Half right. Entries will officially be closed at midnight PST on Friday. But the winner will be announced on the raffle page on Sunday, Jan. 11.
    DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Breaking News!!

Big news on the Holiday Raffle! Thanks to the tireless efforts of Just Strum, Sweetwater.com has agreed to give our raffle winner a 25% discount if they purchase their winner's gear from them. That would make the current $225 "pot" worth $300 in merchandise at Sweetwater. COOL!!! : :

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

And what about SweetWater shipping if the winner isn't from the US? Do they ship worldwide?
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Northern Ohio - Near Cleveland - Home of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame http://www.rockhall.com/
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Robert
    And what about SweetWater shipping if the winner isn't from the US? Do they ship worldwide?
    I'll look into that.
    Mark
    * Loud is good, good is better!

Post Thanks / Like

Stellar work Strummy!!

That means that the current pot gets one a Squier Classic Vibe, if the winner so chooses.
    I pick a moon dog.

Northern Ohio - Near Cleveland - Home of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame http://www.rockhall.com/
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Tot and DVM for the kind words.

Robert, the policy of free shipping that applies to the US, does not apply to Canada. The item that would go outside of the US would have to be shipped to a US location and then handled by that person to get to the final destination.

If you were thinking of applying the winnings to buying me an ES335, the best bet would bet have it shipped direct to my house at no cost.

If you are thinking about something for yourself, again ship it to my house and I will do a courtesy inspection and have it to its final destination within 12 to 16 months after receipt.
    Mark

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by just strum
    If you are thinking about something for yourself, again ship it to my house and I will do a courtesy inspection and have it to its final destination within 12 to 16 months after receipt.
    I swear--the giving just never stops around here. I love you guys!!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Rob the $225 US "pot" worth $268.95 cad..better than nothing..lets buy canadian..
    My SoundClick -- Rubber Band -- Jazz Trio

--Quebec made 1978 Norman B-30 , Martin Dc 15E , Suzuki Archtop
    -- Fender Start Reissue 57 , Ibanez AR 300 , Peavy Falcon ,Xaviere Xv600,
    -- Fender Telecaster , Charvel_Jackson , Framus Lapsteel
    --Rc boost,Ts9 ,Coolcat-ToD,GGG Fuzz Face, Boss Ce2 , Rc Booster ,Tone driver , Boss dd2 , Boss Gt8 (effects _effects loop)
    --Amp:Traynor Ycv40 wr -- Blackstar HT5-- Car :Toyota Tercel 1999..

/ `--'(
    < [] []////////|:::-)
    \_.--.(

Post Thanks / Like

With this 25% off, some of you US people should think about getting in.
    Mark

Post Thanks / Like

With this 25% off, some of you US people should think about getting in.
    AMEN!!! C'mon people--I know we can do better than 15 entrants!!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by duhvoodooman
    AMEN!!! C'mon people--I know we can do better than 15 entrants!!
    And with the exchange rate, we need more Canadians, eh.
    Mark

Post Thanks / Like

:Thumbs up to Sweetwater as well! :
    I pick a moon dog.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tot_Ou_tard
    :Thumbs up to Sweetwater as well! :
    Yes, a little recognition here: I contacted the president of Sweetwater prior to the holiday and told him about the raffle and the donation to St Jude Children's Hospital. He responded that day (or maybe the next) that Sweetwater would contribute in some way and assigned his Marketing VP to set something up. Due to the holiday it took a little longer than I hoped to get a final answer. I was hoping to do it sooner to generate some more entries - BUT IT'S NOT TOO LATE!!!

I did contact a few other on-line guitar related stores, but only Sweetwater agreed to contribute
    Mark

Post Thanks / Like

Great work, Strum - you should move into marketing...:
    "GAS never sleeps" - Gil Janus

"Now you got to pay your dues. Get that axe and play the blues." - Spudman

Gear: Epiphone Sheraton II, Epiphone Wildkat, Epiphone Emperor Joe Pass, Fender MIM Strat, Tacoma DR-14, Johnson JR-200 resonator; Fender Super Champ XD amp

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Fretters, this raffle isn't just about gear, it's about the kids that utilize St Jude's Hospital. The holidays may be behind us, but a lot of us enjoyed them at home with family. The spirit of giving doesn't end when the holiday ends.

I will donate $5.00 per entry towards the charity for the next four entries of $20 to the raffle.

It's not a lot, but that means that the next four entries will generate twice the amount normally allocated to St Jude Children's Hospital.

So come on folks, let's enter!!!

I will send a check to DVM as soon as the entries have been confirmed.

Again, an extra $5.00 for the next four entries of $20.
    Mark

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by duhvoodooman
    Big news on the Holiday Raffle! Thanks to the tireless efforts of Just Strum, Sweetwater.com has agreed to give our raffle winner a 25% discount if they purchase their winner's gear from them. That would make the current $225 "pot" worth $300 in merchandise at Sweetwater. COOL!!! : :
    Quote Originally Posted by tot_Ou_tard
    Stellar work Strummy!!

That means that the current pot gets one a Squier Custom Vibe, if the winner so chooses.
    Better yet, let's get at least 5 more entries and we're talking MIM Strat!

Come on, guys! Cough it up!

Post Thanks / Like

Wayyyy cool stuff Vood. I'm in.

Only 15 entrants though????? C'mon people, there are thousands of members here and this is a good cause. Get out your crowbars, open up them wallets and let's give this thing some real substance. C'mon, it's only 20 bucks.
    Dreadman
    My Guitars

I didn't hear ya, there was something bluesy in my ear

Post Thanks / Like

I will donate $5.00 per entry towards the charity for the next four entries of $20 to the raffle.
    I'll play harmony to this song. Count me in for the same.
    Dreadman
    My Guitars

I didn't hear ya, there was something bluesy in my ear

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast