Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Riddle thread

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Riddle thread

A fair day riddle or two is good for the mind and soul. How about we share some good riddles? I'll start off with this one:

How come manhole covers are made circular?
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Robert
    How come manhole covers are made circular?
    so the cover doesn't accidently fall through the hole like a sided cover would....
    Quote Originally Posted by just strum
    For the record, my annoyance with Warren has a lot to do with the hissing noises he makes.
    Guitars: Gibson 1998 Les Paul Special : Peavey Predator (Early 90's Fat Strat Copy) : Ibanez GAX30TR
    Brownsville Reso - 101 Electric Reso : Fender GDO-300 Maple Quilt Top Acoustic

Amps: Fender Super Champ XD

Effects: Digitech RP250 Modeling Guitar Processor : DVM "Phased and Confused" Script Phaser Clone : Digitech Bad Monkey
    Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus : Behringer Distortion Modeler : Ernie Ball Volume Pedal : Dunlop Cry Baby Wah

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by warren0728
    so the cover doesn't accidently fall through the hole like a sided cover would....
    Correct... it's the only geometrical shape which cannot fall in upon itself... or something like that.
    Gearlist:
    Electric: Ibanez 'AS103', Fender Dlx Nash Pwr Tele, Fender Squier '62 JV Strat, Squier '51, Squier 60's Classic Vibe Strat, Epi Elite LP Studio, Hagstrom Swede Acoustic: Larrivee LV-03RE, A&L AMI, Yamaha FG340-T Bass: Yamaha BB 450 Amps: Roland JC-120, JC-50, Peavey Classic 30, Fender Super Champ XD Pedals: Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Danelectro Cool Cat Drive, Transparent Overdrive, Digitech Digiverb, Bad Monkey, Ibanez TS-9, Boss AC-2, CE-5, CS-2, DD-3, DF-2, DS-1, FV-100, GE-7, OC-2, PSM-5, SD-1, TU-2, DVM~BYOC 'Lush Puppy' Chorus

Post Thanks / Like

What is it that is as big as yourself (sometimes even bigger) yet it weighs nothing? The answer is not my veins!
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.

Post Thanks / Like

Here's a tricky one - what can be considered being the longest word in the English language?

Post Thanks / Like

What is it that is as big as yourself (sometimes even bigger) yet it weighs nothing? The answer is not my veins!
    That would be you shadow

I dance and breathe and can even deceive.
    I am not alive, yet watch how I thrive.
    Do not come too near or I will eat you my dear.

What am I?
    Gearlist:
    Electric: Ibanez 'AS103', Fender Dlx Nash Pwr Tele, Fender Squier '62 JV Strat, Squier '51, Squier 60's Classic Vibe Strat, Epi Elite LP Studio, Hagstrom Swede Acoustic: Larrivee LV-03RE, A&L AMI, Yamaha FG340-T Bass: Yamaha BB 450 Amps: Roland JC-120, JC-50, Peavey Classic 30, Fender Super Champ XD Pedals: Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Danelectro Cool Cat Drive, Transparent Overdrive, Digitech Digiverb, Bad Monkey, Ibanez TS-9, Boss AC-2, CE-5, CS-2, DD-3, DF-2, DS-1, FV-100, GE-7, OC-2, PSM-5, SD-1, TU-2, DVM~BYOC 'Lush Puppy' Chorus

Post Thanks / Like

Here's a tricky one - what can be considered being the longest word in the English language?
    disestablismentarianism?

supercalifragilisticexpialadocious?

I'm not sure!
    Guitars:
    Fender 2006 MIM Fender Stratocaster HSS in 3TS
    Ibanez RG 570 with a bridge Invader
    ESP M II Deluxe with a Tune-o-Matic bridge
    Eleanor, the magical, mystical Road Worn wonder Tele
    Blackstar HT Club 40

Post Thanks / Like

Well, how about "smiles" - there is a mile between the first and last letter!

haha!

Post Thanks / Like

haha!
    Lol!
    I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009

Post Thanks / Like

haha!

Now that's funny! That's something I'll have to tell Older Kid Kat. She'll get a kick out of it.
    Guitars:
    Blackstar HT Club 40

Post Thanks / Like

What kind of cereal does the Snowman eat for breakfast?

Post Thanks / Like

How far off am I by guessing Snow Flakes?
    "I happen to have perfect situational awareness, Lana. Which cannot be taught, by the way. Like a poet's ... mind for ... to make the perfect words." - Sterling Archer

Post Thanks / Like

Close, but the answer is Kellog's Frosted Flakes.

Post Thanks / Like

Whats the difference between a bull and a symphonic orchestra?
    I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SuperSwede
    Whats the difference between a bull and a symphonic orchestra?
    SS...

Gearlist:

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Katastrophe
    disestablismentarianism?
    Actually, I believe that the longest non-technical word in English is antidisestablishmentarianism.
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Algonquin
    SS...

Please??

- The bull has the horns up front and the a$$hole in the back!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by marnold
    Actually, I believe that the longest non-technical word in English is antidisestablishmentarianism.

That's what I was thinking of! Thanks, marnold.

I was close!
    Guitars:
    Blackstar HT Club 40

Post Thanks / Like

A grade 2 student would like say 'longest'
    Gearlist:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast