Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Rules have been updated
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rules have been updated

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Rules have been updated

The forum rules have been updated today.

See the FAQ for the forum rules.

Anyone posting on this forum must abide by these rules.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Robert
    The forum rules have been updated today.

See the FAQ for the forum rules.

Anyone posting on this forum must abide by these rules.
    Something up, Robert? Someone misbehaving? Inquiring minds want to know...

Post Thanks / Like

Let's just say it's been a long week and leave it at that....
    DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

did i miss something....
    Quote Originally Posted by just strum
    For the record, my annoyance with Warren has a lot to do with the hissing noises he makes.
    Guitars: Gibson 1998 Les Paul Special : Peavey Predator (Early 90's Fat Strat Copy) : Ibanez GAX30TR
    Brownsville Reso - 101 Electric Reso : Fender GDO-300 Maple Quilt Top Acoustic

Amps: Fender Super Champ XD

Effects: Digitech RP250 Modeling Guitar Processor : DVM "Phased and Confused" Script Phaser Clone : Digitech Bad Monkey
    Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus : Behringer Distortion Modeler : Ernie Ball Volume Pedal : Dunlop Cry Baby Wah

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by warren0728
    did i miss something....

You and me both brotha....I read the new rules...and well I guess I should have read the old rules cuz I didnt see anything that was new and or didnt require just a bit of common sense
    Guitars: 2002 Les Paul Studio Limited Color's Edition | 2004 Greg Bennett Avion Les Paul Copy | S101 Telecaster project | 2004 Washburn D46 Acoustic

Amplification: Epiphone Valve Jr. Head and Cabinet | VOX AD30VT

Effects: Rocktron Delay | BBE Free Fuzz | Big Muff Pi | Boss Flanger | Bad Monkey | Jekyll and Hyde | Cry Baby Wah | Boss EQ | Behrenger TU300 Tuner |

Post Thanks / Like

Anything to do with the banning of Shortbus ?
    We must have missed something.

Post Thanks / Like

i'm a little surprised....i haven't read any post that should get someone banned....
    For the record, my annoyance with Warren has a lot to do with the hissing noises he makes.
    Guitars: Gibson 1998 Les Paul Special : Peavey Predator (Early 90's Fat Strat Copy) : Ibanez GAX30TR

Effects: Digitech RP250 Modeling Guitar Processor : DVM "Phased and Confused" Script Phaser Clone : Digitech Bad Monkey
    Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus : Behringer Distortion Modeler : Ernie Ball Volume Pedal : Dunlop Cry Baby Wah

Post Thanks / Like

It's cause they've been removed already Warren.
    Guitars/Bass - MIM Fender Classic 50s Strat, MIM Fender Standard Strat, Squier Classic Vibe 50s Tele, Gibson Les Paul Studio, Epi '56 Gold Top Les Paul, Martin DSR acoustic, Sigma Martin Auditorium electric/acoustic, Squier Jazz Bass.

Amps/Cabinets/Modelers - Model 2558 50 watt Marshall Silver Anniversary Jubilee combo w/ Celestion Vintage 30s, 4x12 Marshall cabinet w/25 watt Greenback Celestions, Fender Blues Junior w/ a couple of Billm mods, Line 6 POD 2.0, Roland Micro Cube

Pedals/Effects - Cry Baby Classic Wah, Boss TU-2, Boss NS-2, Boss RC-2 Loop Station, Ross Compressor, MXR Micro Amp, Danelectro FAB Echo, Danelectro FAB Chorus, Danelectro Chicken Salad, Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Marshall Echohead, Duhvoodooman's Zonkin' Yellow Screamer, Digitech Digiverb, Digitech Bad Monkey, Dunlop Fuzz Face, Homemade Loop Bypass pedal, Duhvoodooman's Sonic Tonic (Maxon SD-9 clone +), Voodoo Labs Superfuzz

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ted s
    Anything to do with the banning of Shortbus ?
    We must have missed something.
    Quote Originally Posted by warren0728
    did i miss something....
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazz
    I read the new rules...and well I guess I should have read the old rules cuz I didnt see anything that was new and or didnt require just a bit of common sense...
    Yeah, we've all read the rules when we came aboard, and probably only again when it's pointed out they've been updated, so deciphering what's changed or added can be mysterious. Kinda like when Kelloggs changes an ingredient in Frosted Flakes.

It would help when the rules are updated to point out the modifications. Just so it's clear to all aboard what the most recent faux-pas was that precipitated the change.:

(I hope I didn't say anything that would get me sent to the corner... )

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tone2TheBone
    It's cause they've been removed already Warren.
    okie dokie....

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

All what was added was this part:

"Arguing with or rude behavior towards administrators or moderators will not be tolerated. You may NOT bring up any issues with administrators or moderators in any threads on this forum."

I have no intention to make life hard for anyone, but if it's determined that someone is out of line, it's not debatable. A lot of work is put into this place by moderators and administrators, and we just ask of everyone to accept our rules and guidelines. Pretty simple and common sense.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wingsdad
    It would help when the rules are updated to point out the modifications. Just so it's clear to all aboard what the most recent faux-pas was that precipitated the change.
    I think the most significant change is this one:

"Arguing with or rude behavior towards administrators or moderators will not be tolerated. You may NOT bring up any issues with administrator or moderators on this forum."

In general, we have an amazingly civil and well-behaved group here, and moderating is, for the most part, what I would consider pretty "light duty". Don't know if it's the bad economy, stressful time of the year, or what, but we had a couple of, er, "incidents" in the past week that made it necessary to re-emphasize the rules here and add some new specifics. None of us mods want to be hard-a**es here, but on the other hand we expect our authority to respected.

If you should hear from a moderator about something and you disagree with what you're told, contact Robert and get his ruling. It's his forum and he calls the shots. But let's be clear--it's not a democracy here, folks, it's a dictatorship, albeit a benevolent one. I believe even-handed enforcement of those rules is a big part of what keeps The Fret an oasis of civility in the seething internet ocean of profanity and rude behavior. We mods don't claim to do a perfect job here, but I know every one of us tries to be reasonable and fair.

So, please--don't be giving the moderator a ration of you-know-what when he's just trying to enforce the forum rules. And don't start posting private PM discussions with mods in the public forum. This would seem to be common sense and just plain considerate behavior.
    DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

Well, I missed the drama.

Rules make sense to me.

The only place I ever get in trouble is the gear page. Never a bit of trouble anywhere else, but 3 warnings there! Ha. They're a smidge touchy.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I look at it this way, civil discussion, even (EDIT: Maybe even especially) when members disagree, is fine . . . if it is on topic, and civil. If it is not, or if the post violates a rule, it is a moderator's job to either re-direct the conversation or take other action if necessary. If some post violates a rule, and a moderator makes a ruling saying so, or otherwise gives direction or takes action, then it needs to be respected. Also, personal attacks against any member are not tolerated here. That is one thing that makes it a good place. A civil discussion that is on topic is about the issue, not the person.

Unfortunately, and I do mean unfortunately as no moderator here wants to take action, the line was crossed. Those posts were deleted as per the rules. It is too bad, and I am glad it does not happen much.
    Last edited by sunvalleylaw; December 13th, 2008 at 12:16 AM.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

I'm amazed by how civil this place is compared to other forums.
    thats why I like it here.
    People in forums often forget that membership is a prividge not a right .
    when your invited into in someones house with open arms, the least that is expected is to abide by their rules.
    guitars-esp m1,esp vintage plus strat,85 gibson LP std,Hamer std,hagstrom xl-5,takamine 330r
    amps-egnater tweaker,epi vj w/brat mod
    efx-byoc/dvm comp, j cantrell wah,ocd,catalinbread dls,wampler plextortion,ibanez chorus,tech21 boost dla

Post Thanks / Like

Robert has sent me a warning for swearing on an occasion, but thats sort of minor and i hope is forgiven.

other than myself (further apologies guys) i dont think ive seen any rule breaking.

no trolls, spammers or anything really.
    Guitars: Ibanez RG420EG, Harrier Mistral Ice White Tele
    Amps: Hughes & Kettner Edition Blue 15R (w/ 8" Celestion), Marshall Valvestate Mk.I 8100 Head, Blackheart BH5H Head
    Cabs: Marshall 4x12 (4 x Celestion Pro 12")
    FX:Line 6 Floor POD, BOSS 7-band GE-7, BOSS Mega Distortion MD-2, Vox V847a Reissue Wah, Danelectro Cool Cat Drive

Just another Rig Sig Jig, Dig?

Post Thanks / Like

Dude, seriously, are you out of school today or something? Is there any thread you don't feel compelled to respond to? You do realize this thread is six months old don't you?
    Guitars and other stringed instruments: Washburn D10S, Washburn EA52SWCE, Washburn Cumberland J28SDL, Washburn D46S12, D'Aquisto Centura, Rover RM-50B Mando

Amps and Cabs: Behringer AT108, Firefly Tube Amph, Blackheart Little Giant BH5H, Shiner's Custom Cab v.1.0

". . . because without beer, things do not seem to go as well . . ." Brother Epp, Capuchin Monastery, Munjor, Kansas 1902

Post Thanks / Like

Or are you just trying to run up your number of posts by posting on every thread?
    Guitars and other stringed instruments: Washburn D10S, Washburn EA52SWCE, Washburn Cumberland J28SDL, Washburn D46S12, D'Aquisto Centura, Rover RM-50B Mando

Amps and Cabs: Behringer AT108, Firefly Tube Amph, Blackheart Little Giant BH5H, Shiner's Custom Cab v.1.0

". . . because without beer, things do not seem to go as well . . ." Brother Epp, Capuchin Monastery, Munjor, Kansas 1902

Post Thanks / Like

Because we could all do that, but damn it would get annoying.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast