Thread: DIY custom mods?

Post Thanks / Like

Default DIY custom mods?

Has anybody tried modding their pedals?

I bought an online book that shows how to mod something like 60 pedals or so. So far, I modded my Vox Wah to true bypass and it made a big difference in my sound. All this time I was wodnering why my tone was sucked dry when playing live only to discover the circuit was the culprit. Just put in a 2PDT or 3PDT switch in and away you go. The mod took about 20 minutes to do and was well worth it.
    "It's funny the way most people love the dead. Once you are dead, you are made for life." - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like

I've been tempted into modding my Boss DS-1...There are a couple of mods floating around on the Web. But I'm a wuss.

Post Thanks / Like

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    Those are indeed the books in PDF that I purchased. Very well documented and easy to understand for boneheads such as myself. I'm modding my Danelectro Daddy-O since all I'm using it for is a doorstop right now. I'll try recording some before & after clips to see just how well the mod works for this one.
    "It's funny the way most people love the dead. Once you are dead, you are made for life." - Jimi Hendrix