Thread: Some videos from my gig last Saturday night!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Some videos from my gig last Saturday night!

I played on Saturday night as part of my teaching studios performance...I have a thread about most of that here:http://markweinguitarlessons.com/for...p?topic=1367.0

I finally got some video uploaded, though....

Les Paul songs...

part of "Jesus Just Left Chicago"

Oye Como Va

Strat songs:

She Caught the Katy

Mary Had A Little Lamb

Post Thanks / Like

I enjoyed the clips very much. Great playing and singing Mark. I guess it is the Cappuccino-Macchiato Paula, isn't it? It is really a great sounding Paula.
    "A lot of people in the industry want to blame downloading for the state of the business. But I think if most music wasn't shit to begin with people wouldn't be downloading it for free," - Corey Taylor (Slipknot)

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome clips Mark!

Good idea to include hot babes playing pool... (oh and your playing was excellent as well )
    I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys!

It is the "Latte Creme" LP I've forgotten how nice that guitar is until last week...easy to play and easy to get a good sound.

And if I have the girls playing pool I've discovered people watch the whole video

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mark wein
    And if I have the girls playing pool I've discovered people watch the whole video
    Girls? Huh? Is that a Deluxe Reverb and a Bassman head in the background?

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

Great sound Mark good vocals too! Is that a Hammond to the right? I love a four piece with a Hammond organ. Lots of fun there!!

M
    Last edited by M29; December 12th, 2008 at 02:58 PM. Reason: spelling

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    Girls? Huh? Is that a Deluxe Reverb and a Bassman head in the background?
    Lol....it is

Quote Originally Posted by M29
    Great sound Mark good vocals too! Is that a Hammond to the right? I love a four piece with a Hammond organ. Lots of fun there!!

M
    Thanks!

Our keyboard player is just using a Yamaha s80 keyboard...he makes it sound good, though....he always gets cut out of the picture on these videos :

Post Thanks / Like

I liked these vids alot Mark great job playing and singing.I always shy away from singing cause I dont think I sound good,but my daughter thinks different.She liked the vids too,shes playing the keyboards and cello now and she is eight and when her hands get bigger I know she'll try guitar,she has seen your lessons with me and likes then alot.Keep up the great work Mark.Sumi
    Guitars,Warmoth Tele,90's Fender Strat Plus/Fender CV 50's Tele/Parker p-36/Fretlight/Custom Strat(Fender body/warmoth Clapton neck,tonerider pups)Larrivee L03 mahogany acoustic

Amphs/66 Super Reverb/60's Bandmaster head and 2/12 cab/Blues jr//epi valve jr/supro super/ ZT lunchbox/Mahaffay Little Laneilei 3350/Pignose g40v

Pedals/Voods Rodent/MXR carbon copy/Duncan Pickup booster/Ts9/Rat/ts10/Line 6 tone port uk2
    Line 6 M13

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sumitomo
    I liked these vids alot Mark great job playing and singing.I always shy away from singing cause I dont think I sound good,but my daughter thinks different.She liked the vids too,shes playing the keyboards and cello now and she is eight and when her hands get bigger I know she'll try guitar,she has seen your lessons with me and likes then alot.Keep up the great work Mark.Sumi
    Thanks!

I wasn't a very good singer to start with but over the year I gradually improved the more I had to sing on gigs. A few lessons here and there didn't hurt, either

Thats exciting that your daughter is so musical...I hope my kids eventually find their way to music (on their own...I'm not going to force the issue).:

Post Thanks / Like

Those vids are great, Mark. I enjoyed every one, and you guys have a kick-a$$ band. Thanks a lot for posting those, always nice to see.
    Guitars
    Wilburn Versatare, '52 FrankenTele(Fender licensed parts), Fender USA Roadhouse Strat, Fender USA Standard B-bender Telecaster, Agile AL 3000 w/ WCR pickups, Ibanez MIJ V300 Acoustic, Squier Precision Bass,
    Amps
    Ceriatone Overtone Special, Musicman 212 Sixty-Five, Fender Blues Jr., Peavey Classic 30, Fender Super Reverb, Traynor YCV-40 WR Anniversary w/ matching 1x12 ext. cab, Epiphone SoCal 50w head w/ matching 4x12 cab (Lady Luck speakers), Avatar 2x12 semi-open back cab w/ Celestion speakers
    Pedals
    Digitech Bad Monkey, Digitech Jamman, DVM's ZYS, Goodrich volume pedal

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by oldguy
    Those vids are great, Mark. I enjoyed every one, and you guys have a kick-a$$ band. Thanks a lot for posting those, always nice to see.
    Thank you tons!