Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Randall RM100 head

Thread: Randall RM100 head

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Randall RM100 head

Played a 100 watt monster tonight - Randall RM100.
    Man, this thing could scream. It has pluggable modules, and I played through a Don Donegan module. Fat, crunchy, impressive heavy distortion and metal sound. I played through a Dean Michael Shenker Flying V, and I felt like 17 again! : : :

I played it through a matching 4x12 and I was all smiles.

Fantastic tone I must say. I was very impressed. Just a bit much gain for me; if I had that amp, I dunno where I would put all that gain?

It's also a heavy sucker. Would lead to increased visits to the doctor/chiropractor/masseuse... (hey that's a cool word, masseuse...)

An amp to look into, if you like fat, powerful distortion for ripping heads off and killing rodents ... I had a lot of fun with it.

The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Cool! I havent played on a Randall amp for several years.. I´m not sure if they sell them here in Sweden.
    I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009

Post Thanks / Like

Pics?

I've always wanted to try out one of the newer Randalls, with the modules. They're cool.
    Guitars:
    Fender 2006 MIM Fender Stratocaster HSS in 3TS
    Ibanez RG 570 with a bridge Invader
    ESP M II Deluxe with a Tune-o-Matic bridge
    Eleanor, the magical, mystical Road Worn wonder Tele
    Blackstar HT Club 40

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Robert
    powerful distortion for ripping heads off and killing rodents ...
    Cool review, sounds like you've been reading DVM/SS restaurant reviews.
    Gearlist:
    Electric: Ibanez 'AS103', Fender Dlx Nash Pwr Tele, Fender Squier '62 JV Strat, Squier '51, Squier 60's Classic Vibe Strat, Epi Elite LP Studio, Hagstrom Swede Acoustic: Larrivee LV-03RE, A&L AMI, Yamaha FG340-T Bass: Yamaha BB 450 Amps: Roland JC-120, JC-50, Peavey Classic 30, Fender Super Champ XD Pedals: Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Danelectro Cool Cat Drive, Transparent Overdrive, Digitech Digiverb, Bad Monkey, Ibanez TS-9, Boss AC-2, CE-5, CS-2, DD-3, DF-2, DS-1, FV-100, GE-7, OC-2, PSM-5, SD-1, TU-2, DVM~BYOC 'Lush Puppy' Chorus

Post Thanks / Like

Didja try one with the Plexi or Blackface modules (or the Mr. Scary one for that matter)?
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes I tried the Plexi module too. Didn't quite impress me that much, but I didn't play it very long and some other dude was messing with da knobs as I was playing it.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.