Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
A Mod Gone Bad?

Thread: A Mod Gone Bad?

Northern Ohio - Near Cleveland - Home of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame http://www.rockhall.com/
    Post Thanks / Like

Default A Mod Gone Bad?

http://cgi.ebay.com/1974-VINTAGE-FEN...mZ370122621733

Wonder if they watched "Chain Saw Massacre" before starting this project.

It did get a buyer that proves once again - for every seat, there is an a$$.
    Mark
    * Loud is good, good is better!

Post Thanks / Like

I think that went for about $122 too much. . . I wonder what the 'modder's' original idea was?

Post Thanks / Like

Wow. Just wow. It's not often that I'm at a complete loss for words, but here we are.
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like

Whoh: Shoot the 38.00 shipping is ridicules and 13 bids oh my.

Northern Ohio - Near Cleveland - Home of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame http://www.rockhall.com/
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe this would have been better suited in my "value" thread, I doubt if there is anyone that can justify the cost of this. M29, I never even gave thought to the shipping cost, I'm still digesting the selling price and trying to determine the "WHY?"
    Mark
    * Loud is good, good is better!

Post Thanks / Like

Good Grief! that's not a mod by definition.. more like Extreme Hack job
    Life is like a camera, just focus on what’s important and capture the good times, develop from the negatives and if things don’t work out, just take another shot. ~ Anonymous

Guitars: 1967(year they came out): Fender Coronado II Wildwood I ,Fullerton ST- 4 Fat Strat , Esteban Legacy acous/elec,99 MIA Standard Fender Strat
    Amph's Original Roland Cube 15,Drive 30 w/spring reverb

Post Thanks / Like

Pitiful. Truly pitiful. :
    DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

Given the title, I expected to read transcripts replete with deleted explicatives of Spud trying to sell the winning number to the raffle.

"What I've got is f@CK!ng golden. I ain't f#ckin' giving it away for nuttin'"

I'm happy to see that it is only a butchered ax.
    I pick a moon dog.

Post Thanks / Like

what could someone possibly think is worth over $150 bucks with shipping on that hacked up piece of shite.... :
    Quote Originally Posted by just strum
    For the record, my annoyance with Warren has a lot to do with the hissing noises he makes.
    Guitars: Gibson 1998 Les Paul Special : Peavey Predator (Early 90's Fat Strat Copy) : Ibanez GAX30TR
    Brownsville Reso - 101 Electric Reso : Fender GDO-300 Maple Quilt Top Acoustic

Amps: Fender Super Champ XD

Effects: Digitech RP250 Modeling Guitar Processor : DVM "Phased and Confused" Script Phaser Clone : Digitech Bad Monkey
    Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus : Behringer Distortion Modeler : Ernie Ball Volume Pedal : Dunlop Cry Baby Wah

Post Thanks / Like

Wow...sometimes I don't know what people are thinking when they do stuff like that to a guitar. I could see getting a cheap guitar and hacking it up, but come on...doing that to a strat is utter blasphemy!! Leo is rolling over in his grave right now.
    Guitars: 2003 and 2004 American series strats, Squier Classic Vibe 50's Strat, Squier Deluxe Strat.

Amps: Line 6 Spider IV 120, Vox AD50VT 212, and Peavey Transtube Bandit 112.

Pedals: Digitech Bad Monkey.

Post Thanks / Like

Some folks shouldn't be allowed sharp things . Actually I'm not sure which is the greater act of vandalism, the hatchet job on the body (no irony intended here) or the Alembic Strat-o-Boost that some misguided person installed. Aaarghh :
    Electric: Fat strat > Korg PB > TS7 > DS1 > DD-20 > Cube 60 (Fender model)

Acoustic: Guitar > microphone > audience

South Williamsport, Pa. (on the Susquehanna River)
    Post Thanks / Like

Default The story

The story behind this has to be interesting. Why? What? Where? Who?

The crack in the headstock is a serious problem and the mystery notch at the headstock? What the?

How can someone try to sell this and how can someone actually buy it?

An SX SST57 or 62 would be like a millions times better investment.

This whole deal is actually sickening. Somebody really didn't like the strat look.

This plan definitely went way wrong. Or the plan went just fine but the hacker was deranged. Yeah, that's got to be it. The modder is insane.

Duffy
    Duffy
    South Williamsport, Pa.

"So let us stop talking falsely now, the hour's getting late." (as by JH)

Post Thanks / Like

it's worthless, plain and simple , nothing of value
    guitars-esp m1,esp vintage plus strat,85 gibson LP std,Hamer std,hagstrom xl-5,takamine 330r
    amps-egnater tweaker,epi vj w/brat mod
    efx-byoc/dvm comp, j cantrell wah,ocd,catalinbread dls,wampler plextortion,ibanez chorus,tech21 boost dla

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I am reminded of Sid from the first Toy Story movie. (shudder . . .).
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

13 bids :

Post Thanks / Like

Not to be devil's advocate here, but if that guitar was bought second hand in a time like, well, the 80s, before CBS era Strats were considered vintage, this could have been a cheap, second hand guitar.

I'll agree, though, that the "modding" done on this thing is horrific. It should be burned to ashes.

Is that fiberglas, joint compound, or Bondo in the pickup cavities? I can't tell.:
    Guitars:
    Fender 2006 MIM Fender Stratocaster HSS in 3TS
    Ibanez RG 570 with a bridge Invader
    ESP M II Deluxe with a Tune-o-Matic bridge
    Eleanor, the magical, mystical Road Worn wonder Tele
    Blackstar HT Club 40

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Katastrophe
    Not to be devil's advocate here, but if that guitar was bought second hand in a time like, well, the 80s, before CBS era Strats were considered vintage, this could have been a cheap, second hand guitar.
    I agree, back in the 80s, when you could still get 50s and 60s strats for < $3k, that would have been a $200 - $300 guitar. Nobody wanted CBS strats. Back in the 80s I had a '78 Strat that was the worst guitar I've ever owned, bar none. I couldn't give it away back then. It boggles my mind that that guitar is now worth several thousand dollars. :

I'll agree, though, that the "modding" done on this thing is horrific. It should be burned to ashes.
    Also agreed, a travesty.

Is that fiberglas, joint compound, or Bondo in the pickup cavities? I can't tell.:
    Looks like shielding paint to me.

tung
    I was just a regular guy. My only super power was being invisible to girls.
    - Dave Lizewski, Kick-A$$

Post Thanks / Like

I have lost all faith in humanity because of this thread.... thanks guys.

I threw up in my mouth a little also........

I prayed... and I'm not that type

My soul has a backache due to this guitar.

I punched a baby because of this too.

Im not celebrating christmas because of it.

I......I.....I
    Guitars: Epiphone Special 2 LP modded with a SD Pearly Gates and a SD Alnico 2 flat strat pro.300K pots.Tone pros Brass Stop tailpiece.Dunlop frets dressed to .031,LSR roller nut, Spezel custom stainless steel locking tuners. Satin finished neck.Fender MIM 50's strat modded with LSR roller nut, graph tech string tree,sperzel satin chrome locking tuners, graph tech saddles,300K push pull volume for "neck on pup" and 200K tone pots.PUPS:Neck seymore duncan QP single coil for strat. Middle: Seymour Duncan JB Jr with coil tap (so actually a 9 way tone selection). Bridge: Same as neck.Amps/Cabs.2 Epi Valve Jr's, Peavey Delta Blues 1x15. Randall RG200es,Guitar research 4x8 cab loaded W/celestion super 8's and rewired for two-2x8 operation.Marshall 4x12 slant lead cab,Johnson cab 1x12.

Post Thanks / Like

Wait a minute guys. Shouldn't this be considered as "vintaged" for real? Shouldn't this thing be worth $3-4,000? OK, I'm just kidding. Not even a cheap one deserves this.