Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

We passed 110,000 posts!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: We passed 110,000 posts!

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Default We passed 110,000 posts!

Wow, that's a lot of posts! How did that happen?

Thanks everyone for keeping this place Rawkin'! :
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

110 kiloposts?? wow
    I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009

Post Thanks / Like

Your Top 10 Poster List + Stats:

That's right--ten of us account for nearly half (44.3%, to be exact) of all the posts here. I'm thinkin' that probably a few of us should do a little more practicin' and a little less postin'!

P.S. I'm up to 3,992 now. 8 more to 4,000....

P.P.S. "Cum." stands for "cumulative". You filthy-minded perverts.
    DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

110K posts, 47 of which make sense
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like

And the pop quiz - who is most active? Hint: one of these top 10 posters has only been a member since September 3rd, 2007! Who is it? I think that person has "reply-itis"...
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.

Post Thanks / Like

By popular demand (i.e. Robert mentioned it, so I got curious & ran the numbers), here's the posts per day list for the Top 10 posters, sorted by decreasing frequency:

Hope you're a fast typist, Strummy!

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by duhvoodooman
    P.P.S. "Cum." stands for "cumulative". You filthy-minded perverts.
    It is also the Latin word for "with," e.g.: "cum grano salis" (with a grain of salt).

tung
    I was just a regular guy. My only super power was being invisible to girls.
    - Dave Lizewski, Kick-A$$

Post Thanks / Like

I notice alot of the top posters add mostly quality posts to the forum.
    I appreciate that :

thats not always the case in many other places to hang out on the web.
    it's often more fluff than substance.
    guitars-esp m1,esp vintage plus strat,85 gibson LP std,Hamer std,hagstrom xl-5,takamine 330r
    amps-egnater tweaker,epi vj w/brat mod
    efx-byoc/dvm comp, j cantrell wah,ocd,catalinbread dls,wampler plextortion,ibanez chorus,tech21 boost dla

Northern Ohio - Near Cleveland - Home of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame http://www.rockhall.com/
    Post Thanks / Like

and 384 more since you posted the announcement. or a little over 64 per hour. That's either a lot of retired people, or people that find it easy to pass away their working hours.
    Mark
    * Loud is good, good is better!

Post Thanks / Like

No wonder the economy is screwed - people aren't doing their jobs, they are just wasting their time typing on discussion boards!

Oh well.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Robert
    No wonder the economy is screwed - people aren't doing their jobs, they are just wasting their time typing on discussion boards!
    And it's all your fault. :

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Northern Ohio - Near Cleveland - Home of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame http://www.rockhall.com/
    Post Thanks / Like

And it's all your fault. :
    Robert, forget Disney, you will probably be required to appear before a congressional hearing. Practice "I cannot answer that on the grounds it may incriminate me" - it's standard response by all of our politicians.
    Mark

Post Thanks / Like

Oh well.
    Because we love you
    Guitars:
    1978 Fender Telecaster Thinline Custom USA, New Nash TL-72 Thinline Telecaster, 1965 Harmony Meteor, H71, 1986 Fender Telecaster Esquire MIJ, New Martin J-41 Special, 1933 National Duolian, 1941, New Eastwood Mandocaster 12 strings

Amps:
    Tweed Vibrolux Custom Denis Manlay, 1976 Fender Deluxe Reverb Silverface

Post Thanks / Like

And the pop quiz - who is most active? Hint: one of these top 10 posters has only been a member since September 3rd, 2007! Who is it? I think that person has "reply-itis"...
    huh?
    Mark

Post Thanks / Like

SuperSwede & Warren0728 sitting in a tree K-I-S-S-I-N-G, first comes love, then...
    I pick a moon dog.

Post Thanks / Like

That's great! I bet if Captain Kirk still flew around in space he would make a notice in his logbook!

Star Date 95225-1 - thefret.net crossed 110.000 posts.

Scotty, beam this guys up for a nice space jam!
    "A lot of people in the industry want to blame downloading for the state of the business. But I think if most music wasn't shit to begin with people wouldn't be downloading it for free," - Corey Taylor (Slipknot)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jimi75
    That's great! I bet if Captain Kirk still flew around in space he would make a notice in his logbook!

Star Date 95225-1 - thefret.net crossed 110.000 posts.
    You've got the tense wrong Jimi. Kirk is from the future.
    I pick a moon dog.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tot_Ou_tard
    You've got the tense wrong Jimi. Kirk is from the future.
    With a little fantasy everything is possible :-)
    "A lot of people in the industry want to blame downloading for the state of the business. But I think if most music wasn't shit to begin with people wouldn't be downloading it for free," - Corey Taylor (Slipknot)

Post Thanks / Like

Anything is possible in the future ... :

Gil
    Where ever you go, there you are

a 1973 Léro Model 58 Dreadnought; a 1998 Ovation 1861 Standard Balladeer Natural; Taka - a 2005 Squier '51 Black
    Yume - a 2006 Squier Standard Strat Cherryburst; Houbi - a 2008 Fender VG Strat Blizzard Pearl won via fender.com

Pedals: Home made board; Visual Sound 1 Spot Power; Danelectro Chicken Salad, Fab Chorus, Echo & Flange; DVM Phasers To STUN; EHX LPB-1; Fender PT-100 Tuner
    Amps: Fender Super Champ XD; Vox DA-5 in Camo
    Computer: Apple MacBook Pro, PowerMac G4; Line6 Toneport KB37; M-Audio Black Box Pedal Board, Trigger Finger & DX4 Monitors
    Software: Ableton Live Lite; Apple Garageband; Cockos Reaper; Line6 Gearbox/POD Farm with Model Packs
    GAS: Squier Classic Vibe '50s Tele; Barber Tone Press Pedal; DigiTech Bad Monkey Pedal

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast