Thread: Guitar player stabbed for not playing well enough

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Guitar player stabbed for not playing well enough

This is absurd! I'd better start practicing, just in case.

---------------

ROME (AP) — The singer in a teen gothic metal band and her brother allegedly stabbed the band's guitarist dozens of times because he did not play well enough, Italian police and a lawyer said Friday.

Police in Genoa, on Italy's northwestern coast, said the 16-year-old victim remained hospitalized, but his life was not in danger.

He was attacked Saturday night after the band Soul Cry rehearsed in Sestri Ponente, a small town near Genoa. He was stabbed about 50 times, mainly to his back and head, said police official Alessandra Bucci in Genoa.

The 18-year-old singer, Cristina Balzano, and her 16-year-old brother, the band's bass player, were arrested on charges of premeditated attempted murder.

During the rehearsal, band members accused the victim of playing poorly, police said. The attack occurred moments later in a narrow alley.

Balzano was caught by police holding a kitchen knife with a 7-inch (18-centimeter) blade, her brother next to her and the victim in a pool of blood, Bucci said.

"The motive — absurd as that is — is apparently that the way my client played his instrument did not satisfy the two," said Giuseppe Maria Muscolo, a lawyer for the victim.

Police said they had seized a note that the 16-year-old suspect wrote to the victim days before the attack that read: "I'm preparing a nice little funeral for you."

The victim has accused both suspects of stabbing him, police and the lawyer said.

Balzano initially said she was trying to stop the victim from committing suicide, Bucci said. She later refused to answer investigators' questions. Her brother has accused her of being the only attacker.

Lawyers for the suspects could not immediately be reached for comment. But the Genoa-based paper Il Secolo XIX quoted lawyers for Balzano as saying she doesn't remember anything and that they had asked for a psychological evaluation.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/...1YwqAD95186IG0
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Northern Ohio - Near Cleveland - Home of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame http://www.rockhall.com/
    Post Thanks / Like

First thing that comes to mind "tough crowd"

Makes hecklers seem welcome.
    Mark
    * Loud is good, good is better!

Post Thanks / Like

And I thought Zappa had tough auditions for his band.
    "I happen to have perfect situational awareness, Lana. Which cannot be taught, by the way. Like a poet's ... mind for ... to make the perfect words." - Sterling Archer

Post Thanks / Like

Crazy teenage girl hell bent on fame? I wonder if Britney ever stabbed anyone.

Post Thanks / Like

New genre to avoid: Italian goth metal.
    Guitars:
    Fender 2006 MIM Fender Stratocaster HSS in 3TS
    Ibanez RG 570 with a bridge Invader
    ESP M II Deluxe with a Tune-o-Matic bridge
    Eleanor, the magical, mystical Road Worn wonder Tele
    Blackstar HT Club 40

Northern Ohio - Near Cleveland - Home of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame http://www.rockhall.com/
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Katastrophe
    New genre to avoid: Italian goth metal.
    And I just spent $25 for the tab book. Maybe I should add that to my "value" thread.
    Mark

Post Thanks / Like

wow thats some serious stuff, don't play good and I'll stab you 50 times.

the only time I recall being 'threatened' was at a biker bar gig, this place was known for having a shooting or two in the past and many scuffles. It was something our singer picked up.

as we were setting up our equipment one of the really mean looking characters pulled up a chair to watch us set up.

at one point I turned to him, and with the most stern evil look and dead seriousness he says...."you boys better play some skynyrd".

and he meant it.

for payment we each got a case of beer(of our choice) and $20...lol

hey... we were hungry !
    guitars-esp m1,esp vintage plus strat,85 gibson LP std,Hamer std,hagstrom xl-5,takamine 330r
    amps-egnater tweaker,epi vj w/brat mod
    efx-byoc/dvm comp, j cantrell wah,ocd,catalinbread dls,wampler plextortion,ibanez chorus,tech21 boost dla

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Andy
    ...."you boys better play some skynyrd".

Dude, awesome! Did he have a bald head?

Back to the thread, those Italians don't mess around! Especially when it comes to them goths.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by thearabianmage

Dude, awesome! Did he have a bald head?
    Watch it buddy, don't make me swim over there.
    Mark

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by just strum
    Watch it buddy, don't make me swim over there.
    Hey don't worry - I'll give you some of mine for Christmas! <---you'll be like that in no time!!

Post Thanks / Like

I reckon the whole "band" thing is just a fraction of the story. The brother and sister are clearly psychopaths.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Andy
    he says...."you boys better play some skynyrd".

Was there chicken wire across the stage? Reminds me of a club that I used to go to whenever some friends of mine played there. It was one of those places well known for its brawls. (Any place that has new pool cues every week, is not a good place to be.)

Anyway, I always sat by the back door, just in case trouble broke out (OK, so I'm NOT the bravest person in the world...). One night we were talking in between sets and the guys said, "you know that back door's bricked up, don't you?"

Needless to say, that was the LAST time I made that joint. Fortunately, my buddies played in several different places. Oh well...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bigoldron
    Was there chicken wire across the stage? Reminds me of a club that I used to go to whenever some friends of mine played there. ...
    Bob's country bunker? :

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ch0jin
    Bob's country bunker? :
    Yep! A place where they played both kinds of music - Country and Western!

Nice to know I'm not the only Blues Brothers fan around here.

Post Thanks / Like

Wow. *Practises madly*

Those Italians are TOUGH.

And to the posts above: Blues Brothers ftw