Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Johnny Hiland

Thread: Johnny Hiland

Post Thanks / Like

Default Johnny Hiland

Look at this:

Johhny Hiland (a great or big , almost blind guitar player) shows his new PRS signature model.

Johnny Hiland

Christian
    Greetings

Christian

Guitars: Fender Telecaster Standard, Squier Classic Vibe 50's Stratocaster, Yamaha Pacifica 412V, Dean Vendetta, J&D LS-1, Collins Stage Western

Amp: Vox Valvetronix AD50VT, Fame GX60R

Pedals: DIY Box of Rock Clone, DIY Linear Power Boster, Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Marshall Regenerator, Digitech Bad Monkey, Harley Benton OD-100, Harley Benton DD-2, Behringer Hellbabe HB01 Wah, Boss DS-1, Boss TU-2, Boss DD-7, EXH Small Clone

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for that chris!
    I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009

Post Thanks / Like

Cool. I'd always seen him playing a Tele. That's a gorgeous PRS model he's got as a namesake!
    DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for sedning that Chris.
    What a great player that guy is! I like the sounds that he is getting from that guitar. For some reason I've never liked PRS guitars. I can't put my finger on the exact reason (maybe it's the fact that I can't afford one?) They play great but I've never liked their tone for whatever reason. I've always found that their tone controls were voiced in a really odd way or something. But he is getting some really great tones out of this one. I'd like to try this model sometime.

-- Jim
    Electrics: Hamer Newport, Fender Clapton Strat, Ibanez AF86, Line6 Variax 700
    Acoustic Guitars: Taylor 514CE, Martin J40-M
    Dobro: Regal "Black Lightning Dobro"
    Mandolin: Morgan Monroe Mandolin
    Amps: Egnater Rebel 30, Vox AD120VTX, Roland Cube 60
    http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page...?bandid=301718

Post Thanks / Like

Hello Christian,

Thanks for the link, what great tone he is getting out of that guitar and what a player too. If we could just set down and hear all the different guitars and also play all the different necks.

Thanks again Christian.

M29

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Johnny is cool. I saw him last year in Edmonton and exchanged a few words with him. Supernice guy. Phenomenal picker.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Johnny gives all of us sausage fingered players new hope.

Post Thanks / Like

SRVfan, if you are indeed sausage fingered, have further hope, my friend... Ever seen video of Andres Segovia play? Perhaps one of the finest classical players on the planet, in his time, and he had short, stubby fingers...
    Guitars:
    Fender 2006 MIM Fender Stratocaster HSS in 3TS
    Ibanez RG 570 with a bridge Invader
    ESP M II Deluxe with a Tune-o-Matic bridge
    Eleanor, the magical, mystical Road Worn wonder Tele
    Blackstar HT Club 40

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Robert
    Johnny is cool. I saw him last year in Edmonton and exchanged a few words with him. Supernice guy. Phenomenal picker.

Do you have a cd recommendation? Found nothing at iTunes. And after seeing same short samples of him and reading some articles i'd like to hear more of him...
    Greetings

Christian

Guitars: Fender Telecaster Standard, Squier Classic Vibe 50's Stratocaster, Yamaha Pacifica 412V, Dean Vendetta, J&D LS-1, Collins Stage Western

Amp: Vox Valvetronix AD50VT, Fame GX60R

Pedals: DIY Box of Rock Clone, DIY Linear Power Boster, Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Marshall Regenerator, Digitech Bad Monkey, Harley Benton OD-100, Harley Benton DD-2, Behringer Hellbabe HB01 Wah, Boss DS-1, Boss TU-2, Boss DD-7, EXH Small Clone

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Guitar-Chris
    Do you have a cd recommendation?
    I bought THIS recently, and it's excellent. The last run-through of "Orange Blossom Special" had me shaking my head. Just insane....
    DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Hot picker, Jonny is! I think he's only done one album so far, but he's done some studio work for others (not sure what exactly).
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by srv-fan68
    Johnny gives all of us sausage fingered players new hope.
    Good player. I hadn't heard much of him before. Thanks for the exposure guys.
    As for the sausage...if he laid off of it they wouldn't be sausages. I hope he doesn't end up passing prematurely because of his condition. We still need inspirational pickers like him around.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Katastrophe
    SRVfan, if you are indeed sausage fingered, have further hope, my friend... Ever seen video of Andres Segovia play? Perhaps one of the finest classical players on the planet, in his time, and he had short, stubby fingers...
    I'll seek out a video of that. Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

On the recommendation of this thread, I bought Johnny Hiland's 1st album... Great playing. My favorite is "Truth Hurts." Johnny stretches out on this instrumental.

The man plays fast, but there's feeling and thought there. Thanks for the review!
    Guitars:
    Fender 2006 MIM Fender Stratocaster HSS in 3TS
    Ibanez RG 570 with a bridge Invader
    ESP M II Deluxe with a Tune-o-Matic bridge
    Eleanor, the magical, mystical Road Worn wonder Tele
    Blackstar HT Club 40