Thread: Mexico standard price is exploding

Post Thanks / Like

Default Mexico standard price is exploding

Hello!

I took a look at the new Fender Mexico Standard Stratocasters. They changend the headstock logo, that now is in black instead of silver. The plastic parts and the necks now are tintend vintage (looks very good).

But what's that: Instead of 445 Euro (595 USD) for a Stratocaster in sunburst the price is no 535 Euro (716 USD).

So, I think, to buy my Squier Classic Vibe STrat was really at the right time.
    Greetings

Christian

Guitars: Fender Telecaster Standard, Squier Classic Vibe 50's Stratocaster, Yamaha Pacifica 412V, Dean Vendetta, J&D LS-1, Collins Stage Western

Amp: Vox Valvetronix AD50VT, Fame GX60R

Pedals: DIY Box of Rock Clone, DIY Linear Power Boster, Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Marshall Regenerator, Digitech Bad Monkey, Harley Benton OD-100, Harley Benton DD-2, Behringer Hellbabe HB01 Wah, Boss DS-1, Boss TU-2, Boss DD-7, EXH Small Clone

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, it sounds like you bought at the right time, and those are great guitars.:
    Guitars
    Wilburn Versatare, '52 FrankenTele(Fender licensed parts), Fender USA Roadhouse Strat, Fender USA Standard B-bender Telecaster, Agile AL 3000 w/ WCR pickups, Ibanez MIJ V300 Acoustic, Squier Precision Bass,
    Amps
    Ceriatone Overtone Special, Musicman 212 Sixty-Five, Fender Blues Jr., Peavey Classic 30, Fender Super Reverb, Traynor YCV-40 WR Anniversary w/ matching 1x12 ext. cab, Epiphone SoCal 50w head w/ matching 4x12 cab (Lady Luck speakers), Avatar 2x12 semi-open back cab w/ Celestion speakers
    Pedals
    Digitech Bad Monkey, Digitech Jamman, DVM's ZYS, Goodrich volume pedal

Post Thanks / Like

Wait 'til the rumoured "Road Worn" series arrive. Then you'll see high MIM prices.
    Electric: Fat strat > Korg PB > TS7 > DS1 > DD-20 > Cube 60 (Fender model)

Acoustic: Guitar > microphone > audience

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by markb
    Wait 'til the rumoured "Road Worn" series arrive. Then you'll see high MIM prices.
    It's getting a bit ridiculous. A MIM Strat is not worth $595.00, not with the Squiers being made so well these days at $299, or less. A new sticker, neck tinting, and "aged" parts aren't worth the $$$, in my book.
    Guitars:
    Fender 2006 MIM Fender Stratocaster HSS in 3TS
    Ibanez RG 570 with a bridge Invader
    ESP M II Deluxe with a Tune-o-Matic bridge
    Eleanor, the magical, mystical Road Worn wonder Tele
    Blackstar HT Club 40

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Katastrophe
    It's getting a bit ridiculous. A MIM Strat is not worth $595.00, not with the Squiers being made so well these days at $299, or less. A new sticker, neck tinting, and "aged" parts aren't worth the $$$, in my book.
    I second this. When they made the first upgrade of the MIM series with e.g. medium jumbo frets, a better tremolo block and a gigbag the price was nearly the same. Now only for some minor cosmetic changes they want so much more money . I can't understand that.

Btw: The new price of a MIM strat is about 716 USD here in Germany :
    Greetings

Christian

Guitars: Fender Telecaster Standard, Squier Classic Vibe 50's Stratocaster, Yamaha Pacifica 412V, Dean Vendetta, J&D LS-1, Collins Stage Western

Pedals: DIY Box of Rock Clone, DIY Linear Power Boster, Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Marshall Regenerator, Digitech Bad Monkey, Harley Benton OD-100, Harley Benton DD-2, Behringer Hellbabe HB01 Wah, Boss DS-1, Boss TU-2, Boss DD-7, EXH Small Clone

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry, Chris. I didn't read the post correctly. :

You're right, though, the 06 upgrades were worth the extra $30.00 they cost here in the States. My MIM is an 06, and I thought the upgrades were great!

$716.00 is just silly for an MIM.
    Guitars:
    Fender 2006 MIM Fender Stratocaster HSS in 3TS
    Ibanez RG 570 with a bridge Invader
    ESP M II Deluxe with a Tune-o-Matic bridge
    Eleanor, the magical, mystical Road Worn wonder Tele
    Blackstar HT Club 40

Post Thanks / Like

Ach du lieber!

Man, guitars are so much cheaper in the USA. Although I'm sure the price will rise here too.

At this point I almost always buy used anyhow.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Krashpad
    Man, guitars are so much cheaper in the USA.
    Yes, when I see it right, an actual MIM Standard Strat is about 400 USD, right?
    Greetings

Christian

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Guitar-Chris
    Yes, when I see it right, an actual MIM Standard Strat is about 400 USD, right?
    Ja.

The current "street" price at large retailers is $399 USD.

Post Thanks / Like

Also sunburst run higher normally.
    "I love being alive and I will be the best man I possibly can. I will take love wherever I find it and offer it to whoever will take it... seek knowledge from those wiser and teach those who wish to learn from me."
    "Develop your talent, man, and leave the world something. Records are really gifts from people. To think that an artist would love you enough to share his music with anyone is a beautiful thing."
    Duane Skydog Allman

You come to a point in your life when you really don't care what people think about you, you just care what you think about yourself." - Evel Knievel

North of the Equator: I am a Southerner, Southern Ontario!
    Post Thanks / Like

I just checked and the Musicians Friend online store lists two versions of the Standard. One is last years with the silver logo and the other must be this years edition. The list prices are 599, and 699 for the latest version.
    The new one is selling for 449 to 474 depending on color. The old one is showing 399.
    So I guess they put the price up 100 bucks on the list!
    The Blues is alright!

Guitars: 1968 Gibson SG, 2005 Gibson SG Standard, 2006 Gibson LP Classic Gold top, 2004 Epiphone Elitist LP Custom, 1996 Gibson Les Paul Standard. 2001 Epiphone Sheraton II, 2007 Epiphone G400.
    Fender Strats: 1996 Fender 68 Reissue CIJ, 2008 Squier CV 50s, 2009 Squier CV 50s Tele Butterescotch Blonde

Amps: Blues Junior Special edition Jensen in Brown Tolex with Wheat front, 65 Deluxe Reverb reissue,1970 Sonax reverb by Traynor, Avatar Custom 2/12 Cabinet with Eminence Legend V1216 speakers,
    2008 DSL100 Marshall Amp , Fender Super Champ XD,Fender Vibro Champ XD

Effects and Pedals: Fulltone Fulldrive II, Fulltone OCD, Fulltone Mini Deja Vibe, Fulltone Fat Boost, Dunlop Crybaby Wah, Boss DS1, Boss DD20 Giga Delay, Boss TU2 tuner, Boss BD2, Ibanez TS9 Tube screamer, Zoom 505. Radial tonebone hot british.

Post Thanks / Like

It's their best selling guitar, so the price goes up. mabey even drive people to go ahead and spring for and american made. simple economics fender style
    guitars-esp m1,esp vintage plus strat,85 gibson LP std,Hamer std,hagstrom xl-5,takamine 330r
    amps-egnater tweaker,epi vj w/brat mod
    efx-byoc/dvm comp, j cantrell wah,ocd,catalinbread dls,wampler plextortion,ibanez chorus,tech21 boost dla

Northern Ohio - Near Cleveland - Home of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame http://www.rockhall.com/
    Post Thanks / Like

You will probably see an initial rise in prices, but I wouldn't buy right now. My feeling is they are going to see slumping sales and be forced to slash prices.

Gibson/Epiphone are or will be putting price increases through, but I think they will find it tough to sell guitars. Epiphone downsized the number of guitars they offer. It will be interesting to see what happens in the guitar world.

Used guitar prices would normally rise, but people are thinning there collection to pay the rent.

I'm filing for bailout money so I can keep mine. I figure I will ask for only a million and it should skate right through for approval.
    Mark
    * Loud is good, good is better!

Post Thanks / Like

I just bought a 3 tone sunburst MiM Roadhouse Strat on Ebay for £400 which would be about $600 US . The clincher for me to win over the wife was a 15 % voucher from ebay which brought it down to about £350 which I`m very pleased with . Only 4 days to go before I can run it through the Marshall , c`mon Santa . I`ve noticed guitar prices on Ebay going down {with a few exceptions which were out of my price range anyway} , but these usually are the busiest 2 weeks for guitar shops so no doubt prices will drop in the new year .

Post Thanks / Like

The Langhorne, Pa Guitar Center is selling mim strats for $359 plus tax. Not bad at all for a quality instrument.