Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Who has shared some of their playing here? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Who has shared some of their playing here?

Post Thanks / Like

I've done one.....ONE thats it; if your just counting the contribution on a backing track. If not I have shared a BUNCH of my work with my fellow fretters. But I plan to do more, but I'm in the middle of a move among other things....
    Guitars: Epiphone Special 2 LP modded with a SD Pearly Gates and a SD Alnico 2 flat strat pro.300K pots.Tone pros Brass Stop tailpiece.Dunlop frets dressed to .031,LSR roller nut, Spezel custom stainless steel locking tuners. Satin finished neck.Fender MIM 50's strat modded with LSR roller nut, graph tech string tree,sperzel satin chrome locking tuners, graph tech saddles,300K push pull volume for "neck on pup" and 200K tone pots.PUPS:Neck seymore duncan QP single coil for strat. Middle: Seymour Duncan JB Jr with coil tap (so actually a 9 way tone selection). Bridge: Same as neck.Amps/Cabs.2 Epi Valve Jr's, Peavey Delta Blues 1x15. Randall RG200es,Guitar research 4x8 cab loaded W/celestion super 8's and rewired for two-2x8 operation.Marshall 4x12 slant lead cab,Johnson cab 1x12.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Robert
    Just wondering if we can inspire some who still haven't shared a recording with us. I have posted some clips, although they are few and far between.

So, basically, if you don't see your name on here, go grab the guitar and record something! : There is an official name for this: Peer Pressure!
    I would, but I haven't got a clue how to sort out the royalties side of it, since I'd be playing covers.
    http://soundcloud.com/tarasque

Guitars: Encore Strat, No-Name Les Paul copy, Cort Acoustic, Vintage VRS100AW, Schecter Tempest Custom, Cort VX-4V, Dean Inferno V.

Amphs: Ashdown Fallen Angel FA 60 DSP, Harley-Benton GA5.

Pedals: Zoom G2.1U, Digitech Screamin' Blues, Electro-Harmonix Stereo Electric Mistress, Dunlop Crybaby 535Q Wah.

Post Thanks / Like

I put this up around Thanksgiving. Something for the holidays.

http://www.thefret.net/showthread.php?t=9540
    Q: How many guitars is enough?
    A: Just one more...

Post Thanks / Like

i've put up two....one was "amazing grace" on my electric resonator the other was to a backing track and was really bad....hopefully that one is long gone.... :
    Quote Originally Posted by just strum
    For the record, my annoyance with Warren has a lot to do with the hissing noises he makes.
    Guitars: Gibson 1998 Les Paul Special : Peavey Predator (Early 90's Fat Strat Copy) : Ibanez GAX30TR
    Brownsville Reso - 101 Electric Reso : Fender GDO-300 Maple Quilt Top Acoustic

Amps: Fender Super Champ XD

Effects: Digitech RP250 Modeling Guitar Processor : DVM "Phased and Confused" Script Phaser Clone : Digitech Bad Monkey
    Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus : Behringer Distortion Modeler : Ernie Ball Volume Pedal : Dunlop Cry Baby Wah

Post Thanks / Like

I believe elavd is missing on the list
    Gearlist:
    Electric: Ibanez 'AS103', Fender Dlx Nash Pwr Tele, Fender Squier '62 JV Strat, Squier '51, Squier 60's Classic Vibe Strat, Epi Elite LP Studio, Hagstrom Swede Acoustic: Larrivee LV-03RE, A&L AMI, Yamaha FG340-T Bass: Yamaha BB 450 Amps: Roland JC-120, JC-50, Peavey Classic 30, Fender Super Champ XD Pedals: Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Danelectro Cool Cat Drive, Transparent Overdrive, Digitech Digiverb, Bad Monkey, Ibanez TS-9, Boss AC-2, CE-5, CS-2, DD-3, DF-2, DS-1, FV-100, GE-7, OC-2, PSM-5, SD-1, TU-2, DVM~BYOC 'Lush Puppy' Chorus

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

once upon a time we were going to create a theFret.net CD with everyones original contributions....
    - Lev

Main Guitars: Fender US Deluxe HSS Strat, PRS SE C24, Fender Baja Tele
    Bass Guitar: Squier VM Jaguar Special
    Main Amp: Vox AC15
    Main Effects: Digitech EXP-7, Line6 M5, Soul Food, Sub n UP, Flashback, Polara Verb
    Vids: www.youtube.com/levguitar

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, wasnt that Nelskie´s idea?
    I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lev
    once upon a time we were going to create a theFret.net CD with everyones original contributions....
    I would love to join in on this.... or help organize this..... sounds so much fun.

What we could do is have a bunch of entries sent to the admin...ehem - robert - .... he could get together with the mods or a board of non biased people and select a number of tunes on it.... you want it you send a contribution to the fret and then you get the CD. My .02
    Guitars: Epiphone Special 2 LP modded with a SD Pearly Gates and a SD Alnico 2 flat strat pro.300K pots.Tone pros Brass Stop tailpiece.Dunlop frets dressed to .031,LSR roller nut, Spezel custom stainless steel locking tuners. Satin finished neck.Fender MIM 50's strat modded with LSR roller nut, graph tech string tree,sperzel satin chrome locking tuners, graph tech saddles,300K push pull volume for "neck on pup" and 200K tone pots.PUPS:Neck seymore duncan QP single coil for strat. Middle: Seymour Duncan JB Jr with coil tap (so actually a 9 way tone selection). Bridge: Same as neck.Amps/Cabs.2 Epi Valve Jr's, Peavey Delta Blues 1x15. Randall RG200es,Guitar research 4x8 cab loaded W/celestion super 8's and rewired for two-2x8 operation.Marshall 4x12 slant lead cab,Johnson cab 1x12.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tibernius
    I would, but I haven't got a clue how to sort out the royalties side of it, since I'd be playing covers.
    I've wondered that also. (that's code for "can anyone answer that question?") :

pes_laul Guest

Well ya forgot me in that last but I forgive you

But here's one of my latest creation http://www.box.net/shared/6nbdagvysj

though I don't play guitar on it but I think as a band it sounds pretty good :

Post Thanks / Like

I put a few up to listen to-if they are listenable-well :
    i have a couple of christmas songs posted and some collabs.
    here is one i did for the CBc club on soundclick.classic rock/Metal style
    http://soundclick.com/share?songid=7180733
    http://www.soundclick.com/sacco
    http://www.soundclick.com/thetools

Reverend of Rock n Roll .

Google won't search for Chuck Norris because it knows you don't find Chuck Norris, he finds you.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pes_laul
    Well ya forgot me in that last but I forgive you

But here's one of my latest creation http://www.box.net/shared/6nbdagvysj

though I don't play guitar on it but I think as a band it sounds pretty good :
    Very cool song
    http://www.soundclick.com/sacco
    http://www.soundclick.com/thetools

Reverend of Rock n Roll .

Google won't search for Chuck Norris because it knows you don't find Chuck Norris, he finds you.

Post Thanks / Like

To keep the posting going strong in the 'Members Clips' section I thought I'd bump this post. C'mon folks... let's here you play :

Just wondering if we can inspire some who still haven't shared a recording with us. I have posted some clips, although they are few and far between.

From what I can remember, we have at least these guys who have contributed with something listenable.

spudman
    sunvalleylaw
    duhvoodooman
    robert
    superswede
    tone2thebone
    oldguy
    333maxwell
    6strings9lives
    algonquin
    marnold
    justaguyin_nc
    jimi75
    stingx
    jpfeifer
    mark wein
    jipes
    luvmyshiner
    Childbride
    hogfulloblues
    R_of_G
    hubberjub
    Lev
    Frank Axtell
    cdtele
    jasongins
    helliott
    zuesse
    blazes
    krashpad
    Carlström
    Brian Krashpad
    Steffe1973
    Highway_61
    wingsdad
    steve206
    aeolian
    LagrangeCalvert
    warren0728
    fab4
    elavd

...but I'm sure there are more. Add to the list if you spot those I've missed!

So, basically, if you don't see your name on here, go grab the guitar and record something! : There is an official name for this: Peer Pressure!
    Gearlist:
    Electric: Ibanez 'AS103', Fender Dlx Nash Pwr Tele, Fender Squier '62 JV Strat, Squier '51, Squier 60's Classic Vibe Strat, Epi Elite LP Studio, Hagstrom Swede Acoustic: Larrivee LV-03RE, A&L AMI, Yamaha FG340-T Bass: Yamaha BB 450 Amps: Roland JC-120, JC-50, Peavey Classic 30, Fender Super Champ XD Pedals: Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Danelectro Cool Cat Drive, Transparent Overdrive, Digitech Digiverb, Bad Monkey, Ibanez TS-9, Boss AC-2, CE-5, CS-2, DD-3, DF-2, DS-1, FV-100, GE-7, OC-2, PSM-5, SD-1, TU-2, DVM~BYOC 'Lush Puppy' Chorus

Post Thanks / Like

I'll be doing more posting when the weather changes. Right now I want to be outside and play.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

From what I can remember, we have at least these guys who have contributed with something listenable.
    Well I've contributed something, whether or not it's listenable is a matter of perspective. There's a link in my signature for more stuff as well.
    Guitars: Epiphone SG-400 Custom; Epiphone Firebird V; 1996 Gibson LP Standard; Avion 4; Yamaha FG-301B acoustic

FX: TS-808; Big Muff (Triangle Version); Red Llama; Green Ringer Octave Up (Clones); Maxon Phaser; Maxon Compressor; Tremulus Lune Tremolo; Line 6 POD II

Amp: (Somewhere in another country) Hiwatt 100W head, Marshall 4x12 cab

My noise here

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I've posted some...but easier to just go to
    http://deeaa.pp.fi

And see from there. I should re-organize the whole pages, but there should be in the region of 50+ songs available for download and another 50+ for listening. Also youtube links etc. Been thinking of some day maybe upping my entire 'catalog' of demos I've done or played/sung on, but maybe I'll just stick with them slightly better ones, and also ones I own the copyrights to...also, 2-300 songs/clips/videos or whatever it would be would eat a lot of online space and, let's face it, nobody would listen to 'em anyway. I'd also have hours on end of video of band performances but it'd be too much work to upload more to YouTube. I'll just try and up the new ones from now on.

It's nice to post and put up songs to youtube and such services like Broadjam etc. but the problem is, practically nobody hears them unless you promote them, and I have no time or interest for that. I just make songs, put them up and then they become forgotten :-)
    Dee

"When life's a biatch, be a horny dog"

Amps: Marshall JVM 410H w/ Plexi Cap mod, Choke Mod & Negative Feedback Removal mod, 4x12", Behringer GMX110, Amplitube 3/StealthPedal

Half a dozen custom built/bastardized guitars all with EMG's, mostly 85's, Ibanez Artwood acoustic & Yamaha SGR bass, Epiphone Prophecy SG, Vox Wah, Pitchblack tuner plus assorted pedals, rack gear etc. for home studio use.

Lincoln, UK. Probably at the V-Power pump. Again!
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd like to pimp myself, but I only really play the rhythm score of songs chosen by my sensei and nothing original...
    Translucent red Ibanez Artcore AFS75T archtop semi : Rotosound Roto Blues (10-52)
    Black/white Yamaha Pacifica 112V : Rotosound Roto Yellows (10-46)
    NEW - VOX Valvetronix VT30 with VFS5 foot-switches
    Crate V5 - 5 Watt valve amp voiced by 10" Jensen speaker
    KORG Pandora Toneworks PX4D effects gizmo
    Sensei called Johnny
    Oriental red sunburst Yamaha APX700 electro-acoustic

Post Thanks / Like

I put up a few short bursts here and there.

M

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tibernius

Quote Originally Posted by peachhead
    I've wondered that also. (that's code for "can anyone answer that question?") :
    Unfortunately, the effort required to get clearances would probably nuke inclusion of covers, except for public domain stuff.

One of my side bands was on a benefit comp CD put together by another, smaller, forum I'm on, that was similar in idea, but it was a condition that the songs be originals:

http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/wts

I actually have a credit on the album "Brian Krashpad for legal advice," haha.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12