Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2083

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
GFS - Guitar Fetish Tele

Thread: GFS - Guitar Fetish Tele

Post Thanks / Like

Default GFS - Guitar Fetish Tele

Hello, new to the forum. You guys have given me the GAS, and I'm real close to going for a classic vibe.

I do have a question about GFS, Guitar Fetish. Does anyone have any experience with their guitars, particularly one of these...

HTML Code:
    http://store.guitarfetish.com/xvsoashtrman.html
    Looks like it might be a fine place to start a butterscotch home project. I wonder how it compares to the Affinity butterscotch and the CV tele. At least this one looks to have the string-through body, so that hurdle would be cleared.

Also, what do you know about their pickups. Just browsing the site, they have some vintage 50s tele pickups that look pretty nice.

Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to you ,here s your link Percival

http://store.guitarfetish.com/xvsoashtrman.html

have a look at this link

http://www.thefret.net/showthread.php?t=9660
    My SoundClick -- Rubber Band -- Jazz Trio

--Quebec made 1978 Norman B-30 , Martin Dc 15E , Suzuki Archtop
    -- Fender Start Reissue 57 , Ibanez AR 300 , Peavy Falcon ,Xaviere Xv600,
    -- Fender Telecaster , Charvel_Jackson , Framus Lapsteel
    --Rc boost,Ts9 ,Coolcat-ToD,GGG Fuzz Face, Boss Ce2 , Rc Booster ,Tone driver , Boss dd2 , Boss Gt8 (effects _effects loop)
    --Amp:Traynor Ycv40 wr -- Blackstar HT5-- Car :Toyota Tercel 1999..

/ `--'(
    < [] []////////|:::-)
    \_.--.(

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, as the link Blazes gave above shows, I got one of those very guitars 3 days ago. The thread has all the latest info. Fabulous value, IMO!

BTW, the one I have was one of the last of the '08 version, with the transparent finish. For 2009, the guitar itself stays the same, but they're going to the semi-opaque " '52 butterscotch" finish. Personally, I like to see the wood grain, so I'm happy I got the one I did.

Please stop over at The Fret Players Forum and introduce yourself, Percival!
    DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

Nothing bad to say about Guitarfetish. Great resource for hacks like me who want to play around with some mod's without laying out a bundle of cash.

Here's a LINK with pics and clips from a recent mod...

Next up, I'm looking at picking up a Squier Tele Custom (HH) and GFS p'ups are definately on the radar - looking for some SG attitude in a Tele body - loves me some Tele curves vs. SG horns
    Electrics: Hagstrom Ultra Swede (Gold Eagle Burst) Gretsch 5120 Electromatic (Orange) Custom Nashville Blackout Telecaster (Black, Stat mid/neck p'ups; Lil Puncher (Modern Vintage) bridge p'up; Wilkinson Compensated Bridge w/ 3 brass saddles, Warmoth Vintage Modern Birdseye Maple Neck) Fender MIM Stratocaster (Blue Agave, Rosewood Fretboard, Fender Tex-Mex p'ups; GFS Trem/Block Kit) Highland Spitfire (semi-hollow, flame maple top w/ bubinga inlay)
    Acoustics:Washburn D10CEQSB, Yamaha FG160E
    Bass: Westone Spectrum ST, Warwick Rockbass Corvette Basic Active
    Amps: Vox NT15H/V112NT Night Train, Peavey Bandit 112, Hartke HyDrive 210C Bass Amp, Vox DA5

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the info guys, I'll put GFS on my radar. I've gotta make up my mind as to whether I want to get a Squier CV 50s or the Xaviere Butterscotch. I'm thinking I like the CV 50s well enough to get one, but I really wish it was a butterscotch instead of the white blonde.

Who knows, I might end up with 1 now, 1 later.

To further cloud my judgement, someone's put a MIJ Squier from the 80s on E-bay with a BIN of 275.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Percival
    Thanks for the info guys, I'll put GFS on my radar. I've gotta make up my mind as to whether I want to get a Squier CV 50s or the Xaviere Butterscotch. I'm thinking I like the CV 50s well enough to get one, but I really wish it was a butterscotch instead of the white blonde.

Who knows, I might end up with 1 now, 1 later.

To further cloud my judgement, someone's put a MIJ Squier from the 80s on E-bay with a BIN of 275.
    '80's MIJ Squiers are very nice guitars! I had an '80's MIJ Squier Tele that I gigged for about a decade:

$275 is not a bad price, especially if there's a hsc.

Post Thanks / Like

Do you practice your guitar faces, Brian? Every photo of you playing you're in guitar face mode.

You got it down, buddy....: