Thread: John Norum/Europe back in the studio

Post Thanks / Like

Default John Norum/Europe back in the studio

This just in from the official Europe website: John Norum and his bandmates are at work finishing up the tracks for the followup to 2004's successful Start From the Dark. John recently tried out 10 Gibson guitars for this new CD and came up with the one that gives him the best guitar sound he has ever had. To find out exactly which Gibson John chose, go to: www.europetheband, click on NEWS twice and click on the most recent entry at the right.

Post Thanks / Like

The newest album "Secret Society" gets two thumbs up from me. It is a very well done album and it rocks! Great playing, nice guitar sounds, good song craft and clean production. First rate...and the singing is quite good. None of that Final Countdown whining.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

This is a really good album. Secret Society

Go to this page and wait for the sound. You'll hear a cut from the new album. http://www.europetheband.com/fyrabugg.html

If you shake the hand off the right shoulder you'll find the media player and can watch videos.

Post Thanks / Like

Secret Society is a good album, but they should have included Kee Marcello in the band again.
    I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009

Post Thanks / Like

Secret Society as well as Start from the dark are constantly in my car.
    For me Europe cemented one of the best rock come backs in 2004.

Absolutely gergeous band with hyper song writing and a little more kick a** than Bon Jovi.
    "A lot of people in the industry want to blame downloading for the state of the business. But I think if most music wasn't shit to begin with people wouldn't be downloading it for free," - Corey Taylor (Slipknot)

Post Thanks / Like

I'm glad to hear that others like this as well. I used to play "Final Countdown" in my repertoire and it was good and all but the new stuff is way more meaty and sincere.

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

I have to go check this out. Europe were huge in back when I got into playing guitar. They were a big inspiration too. I always loved John Norum's playing - very talented guy.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Ever heard his version/solo of "Flight of the Bumble Bee"???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_XArR9NTMks

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

That's not John Norum - that's Kee Marcello, who is also a great guitarist. He is from the same town as me - UmeƄ!
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.