Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Show off your Telecasters! - Page 2
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Show off your Telecasters!

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats Tone!

I guess there is some twang going on in Albuquerque these days (or whatever the spelling is)...
    I hope you dont make miss les paula jealous
    I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Twang-a-licious!

Wow. She shore is a purty lil' thang. And you weren't kidding when you said she was cherry. It's really an awesome-looking guitar.

I also concur with Kat's observations on the trusty Telecaster. It's truly a workhorse guitar, even while being very basic in design / features. Or, as the saying goes: it's got everything you need, and nuthin' you don't.

Again, welcome to the family, Tone.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tone2thebone
    Here is my first Tele ever owned. A Fender Muddy Waters Custom Tele.
    Damn that is one fine guitar! I wanted always wanted Muddy Tele, but now I'm DYING to get one thanks to you! Man that axe is 10x nicer looking in the pictures you took vs. the ones on Fender's website.

Thank you for posting the pix... I think!?!
    "It's funny the way most people love the dead. Once you are dead, you are made for life." - Jimi Hendrix

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Here's my Squier Tele, soon to have DiMarzio Virtual T pickups installed.

The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Those Squiers sure do have nice finishes on them. Thats a good lookin' Tele, Robert. I've always been partial to the Tortoise Shell PGs, too. Did that come with the guitar or was it an add on?
    Guitars:
    Fender 2006 MIM Fender Stratocaster HSS in 3TS
    Ibanez RG 570 with a bridge Invader
    ESP M II Deluxe with a Tune-o-Matic bridge
    Eleanor, the magical, mystical Road Worn wonder Tele
    Blackstar HT Club 40

Post Thanks / Like

It's 100% stock! I think it looks nice. Many people prefer a white pickguard for this kind of sunburst, but not me.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice Robert! I don't normally like sunbursts since they are so common, but yours looks killer!
    "It's funny the way most people love the dead. Once you are dead, you are made for life." - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like

A lot of great looking Tele's there, guys. I won't bother posting a pic of my son's B&C, 'cuz it looks just like Trem's.

I'm surprised about one thing--nobody here has "the" classic (to my mind) Tele color combo....butterscotch with a black pickguard??? Thought for sure I'd see one of those....

Hey, Warren--if you're lurkin' out there, how about posting a pic of that purty blue one of yours!?! I really like that Agave Blue color!
    DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

yeah i'm lurking...here you go....2005 agave blue....stock

happy 4th

Quote Originally Posted by just strum
    For the record, my annoyance with Warren has a lot to do with the hissing noises he makes.
    Guitars: Gibson 1998 Les Paul Special : Peavey Predator (Early 90's Fat Strat Copy) : Ibanez GAX30TR
    Brownsville Reso - 101 Electric Reso : Fender GDO-300 Maple Quilt Top Acoustic

Amps: Fender Super Champ XD

Effects: Digitech RP250 Modeling Guitar Processor : DVM "Phased and Confused" Script Phaser Clone : Digitech Bad Monkey
    Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus : Behringer Distortion Modeler : Ernie Ball Volume Pedal : Dunlop Cry Baby Wah

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Warren! Nice to see you (well, maybe the agave tele is nicer ) !!
    I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009

Post Thanks / Like

Nice guitar Warren! Nice to see you around here too!

Post Thanks / Like

Talking I know, I know....

But it's a Tele-type, LOL. Doesn't really sound anything like a Telecaster with the bridge bucker etc., but I've found that I can use the single-coil model on my RP-80 and roll the volume knob back and it's a pretty close approximation.

I would REALLY, REALLY like to get my hands on the Waylon Jennings signature model, but haven't seen them around for a year or so. In the meantime, this little number will have to do.

Just a little Tums for my GAS

Attachment 319

Attachment 320
    Last edited by t_ross33; August 25th, 2006 at 05:37 PM.
    Electrics: Hagstrom Ultra Swede (Gold Eagle Burst) Gretsch 5120 Electromatic (Orange) Custom Nashville Blackout Telecaster (Black, Stat mid/neck p'ups; Lil Puncher (Modern Vintage) bridge p'up; Wilkinson Compensated Bridge w/ 3 brass saddles, Warmoth Vintage Modern Birdseye Maple Neck) Fender MIM Stratocaster (Blue Agave, Rosewood Fretboard, Fender Tex-Mex p'ups; GFS Trem/Block Kit) Highland Spitfire (semi-hollow, flame maple top w/ bubinga inlay)
    Acoustics:Washburn D10CEQSB, Yamaha FG160E
    Bass: Westone Spectrum ST, Warwick Rockbass Corvette Basic Active
    Amps: Vox NT15H/V112NT Night Train, Peavey Bandit 112, Hartke HyDrive 210C Bass Amp, Vox DA5

Post Thanks / Like

Heres my only current Tele .. 52 Reissue ..CIJ..TEXAS SPECIALS..2 PIECE ASH CENTER MATCHED BODY, CALLAHAM BRIDGE ..6S9L

Attachment 325
    Attachment 326
    Attachment 327
    Last edited by 6STRINGS 9LIVES; July 5th, 2006 at 08:02 AM.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Marty DiBergi: "This tasteless cover is a good indication of the lack of musical invention within. The musical growth of this band cannot even be charted. They are treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry."
    Nigel Tufnel: That's just nitpicking, isn't it?

Post Thanks / Like

Oooh, that is a beauty 6s9l! I love that look of a Tele. It's like, "the real thing"!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Robert , as i've posted before its real hard to beat the japanese fenders for build quality and attention to detail , anyone looking for a killer quality guitar for reasonable money should realy check out the japanese fenders , unfortunately they are no longer sold in north america so they have to be imported from japan or bought on the used market .. I've bought from a couple of japanese shops and their customer service is amazing , and shipping from japan to my door in 3 days for about 120.00 cdn .. if anyone wants the addies of these shops let me know .. i've actually sold lots of the guitars i've brought in to local guys. there is no doubt that the higher end japanese stuff is vastly superior to the mexican made fenders , great bang for the buck ...6S9L
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Marty DiBergi: "This tasteless cover is a good indication of the lack of musical invention within. The musical growth of this band cannot even be charted. They are treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry."

Post Thanks / Like

Sweet mother of all that is good and holy... 6s9l, that's one awesome Tele, as ol' Leo intended. Very nice guitar, man! I'm jealous of y'all!
    Guitars:
    Fender 2006 MIM Fender Stratocaster HSS in 3TS
    Ibanez RG 570 with a bridge Invader
    ESP M II Deluxe with a Tune-o-Matic bridge
    Eleanor, the magical, mystical Road Worn wonder Tele
    Blackstar HT Club 40

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 6STRINGS 9LIVES
    Heres my only current Tele .. 52 Reissue ..CIJ..TEXAS SPECIALS..2 PIECE ASH CENTER MATCHED BODY, CALLAHAM BRIDGE
    Now THAT'S what I'm talking about! A real vinatge look there! Nice axe, 6S9L!
    DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks dudes , Fender Japan knocked that one outta the park , its so accurate in every detail its amazing , right down to the use of slotted screws for the pickguard , neck bolts , control plate ,string tree,strap buttons and tuners and bridge , its finished in nitro too ..the wood grain is perfect and the neck is like butter .. it came from the factory with US FENDER texas specials which i like with the maple neck , just a note , I've had a 62 re-issue tele with a rosewood board and texas specials which i found too dark sounding and have noted the same with the strats that have rosewood necks and texas specials , but with a maple neck the texas specials are the bomb, lottsa growl and edge .. ..CHEERS 6S9L
    Last edited by 6STRINGS 9LIVES; July 5th, 2006 at 12:09 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Some japanese strats actually feels and plays better imho...

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast