Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Show off your Telecasters!
Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Show off your Telecasters!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Show off your Telecasters!

Here's my 2000 MIM Tele, with GFS pickups and AllParts vintage bridge, brass nut, and a StewMac Black Ice fuzz circuit.

Post Thanks / Like

sah-weet! She sure is shiny! How do you find playing with the ashtray on? Had one on an old P-bass copy I had when I was a kid and it was o.k., but not sure I'd like it on a six string (no palm muting, picking back by the bridge etc.)

Also, what does the fuzz circuit do? Engaged by the toggle on the switchplate?

Hmmm....GASing for a maple neck now
    Electrics: Hagstrom Ultra Swede (Gold Eagle Burst) Gretsch 5120 Electromatic (Orange) Custom Nashville Blackout Telecaster (Black, Stat mid/neck p'ups; Lil Puncher (Modern Vintage) bridge p'up; Wilkinson Compensated Bridge w/ 3 brass saddles, Warmoth Vintage Modern Birdseye Maple Neck) Fender MIM Stratocaster (Blue Agave, Rosewood Fretboard, Fender Tex-Mex p'ups; GFS Trem/Block Kit) Highland Spitfire (semi-hollow, flame maple top w/ bubinga inlay)
    Acoustics:Washburn D10CEQSB, Yamaha FG160E
    Bass: Westone Spectrum ST, Warwick Rockbass Corvette Basic Active
    Amps: Vox NT15H/V112NT Night Train, Peavey Bandit 112, Hartke HyDrive 210C Bass Amp, Vox DA5

Post Thanks / Like

Awww man did you have to show me a red Tele???! The Tele gods are werkin' their voodoo on me.......
    Guitars/Bass - MIM Fender Classic 50s Strat, MIM Fender Standard Strat, Squier Classic Vibe 50s Tele, Gibson Les Paul Studio, Epi '56 Gold Top Les Paul, Martin DSR acoustic, Sigma Martin Auditorium electric/acoustic, Squier Jazz Bass.

Amps/Cabinets/Modelers - Model 2558 50 watt Marshall Silver Anniversary Jubilee combo w/ Celestion Vintage 30s, 4x12 Marshall cabinet w/25 watt Greenback Celestions, Fender Blues Junior w/ a couple of Billm mods, Line 6 POD 2.0, Roland Micro Cube

Pedals/Effects - Cry Baby Classic Wah, Boss TU-2, Boss NS-2, Boss RC-2 Loop Station, Ross Compressor, MXR Micro Amp, Danelectro FAB Echo, Danelectro FAB Chorus, Danelectro Chicken Salad, Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Marshall Echohead, Duhvoodooman's Zonkin' Yellow Screamer, Digitech Digiverb, Digitech Bad Monkey, Dunlop Fuzz Face, Homemade Loop Bypass pedal, Duhvoodooman's Sonic Tonic (Maxon SD-9 clone +), Voodoo Labs Superfuzz

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys!

t_ross33: I got used to playing with the ashtray...It's comfortable, places my hand in the exact picking area I like (right between the pickups), and about muting, I developed a muting technique with my fretting hand...The fizz circuit is engaged by the tiny switch on the control plate. Although it's not a *huge* fuzz (it needs higher-output pups), it does provides some nice dirt to the sound.

tone2thebone: That's midnight wine, although it does look quite red on that pic...One of the cool things about that color is that it can go from almost black to basically candy red. Underrated color choice, I think.

Post Thanks / Like

Kerc - Midnight wine ah ok. Wow it really looks red in that pic though. Contrasts nicely with the maple neck. I'm trying to work out a deal on getting some kind of Tele. We'll see. You got a nice one for sure though. I couldn't play with the cover though I'm so used to palming at the bridge pup.
    Guitars/Bass - MIM Fender Classic 50s Strat, MIM Fender Standard Strat, Squier Classic Vibe 50s Tele, Gibson Les Paul Studio, Epi '56 Gold Top Les Paul, Martin DSR acoustic, Sigma Martin Auditorium electric/acoustic, Squier Jazz Bass.

Amps/Cabinets/Modelers - Model 2558 50 watt Marshall Silver Anniversary Jubilee combo w/ Celestion Vintage 30s, 4x12 Marshall cabinet w/25 watt Greenback Celestions, Fender Blues Junior w/ a couple of Billm mods, Line 6 POD 2.0, Roland Micro Cube

Pedals/Effects - Cry Baby Classic Wah, Boss TU-2, Boss NS-2, Boss RC-2 Loop Station, Ross Compressor, MXR Micro Amp, Danelectro FAB Echo, Danelectro FAB Chorus, Danelectro Chicken Salad, Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Marshall Echohead, Duhvoodooman's Zonkin' Yellow Screamer, Digitech Digiverb, Digitech Bad Monkey, Dunlop Fuzz Face, Homemade Loop Bypass pedal, Duhvoodooman's Sonic Tonic (Maxon SD-9 clone +), Voodoo Labs Superfuzz

Post Thanks / Like

That MW finish is gorgeous, kerc... The ashtray looks great, too!
    Guitars:
    Fender 2006 MIM Fender Stratocaster HSS in 3TS
    Ibanez RG 570 with a bridge Invader
    ESP M II Deluxe with a Tune-o-Matic bridge
    Eleanor, the magical, mystical Road Worn wonder Tele
    Blackstar HT Club 40

Post Thanks / Like

Default My "Stealth" Black and Chrome Squier Telecaster

It may look like a plain old Black & Chrome Squier Telecaster on the outside, but it's a full blown American model on the inside with the Highway 1 Greasebucket circuit. Look closely and you can see the upgraded straplocks and stainless steel Ferraglide saddles.
    "It's funny the way most people love the dead. Once you are dead, you are made for life." - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like

Default Here`s mine

pics not that good, I used the webcam

its a classic series olympic white 2001-2002 tele I got on a Ebay auction for only 315.00$ with just some small dings..

ah, now I also can tell the difference from Oly to arctic white hehehehe

Post Thanks / Like

kerc: bee-oo-tiful tele man!

trem: it reminds me of that John 5 telecastre model, very modern and industrial.

Both very elegant guitars. It would be nice also posting a pic of a tele you think is great, sound-like or look-like (or both) famous or not... what u guys think?

Post Thanks / Like

Here's my new (to me) Squier standard tele. Got it yesterday off Craigslist. To the right of it is my new Vox AD30VT -- bought it today from Guitar Center with their 20% off coupon. Spent the rest of the evening playing with both of them.

Believe it or not, I'm not GAS'n for anything!
    Guitars: Squier Standard Tele; Fender MIM fat strat; Traveler Speedster
    Amp: Vox AD30VT; Vox DA5; Fender Frontman 25R
    Other: DigiTech Bad Monkey; Tascam CD-GT1; Korg Pandora
    GAS'n for: Nothing at the moment!

Post Thanks / Like

Here's my MIM Fender Telecaster in my really loved brown sunburst.

Attachment 305
    Greetings

Christian

Guitars: Fender Telecaster Standard, Squier Classic Vibe 50's Stratocaster, Yamaha Pacifica 412V, Dean Vendetta, J&D LS-1, Collins Stage Western

Amp: Vox Valvetronix AD50VT, Fame GX60R

Pedals: DIY Box of Rock Clone, DIY Linear Power Boster, Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Marshall Regenerator, Digitech Bad Monkey, Harley Benton OD-100, Harley Benton DD-2, Behringer Hellbabe HB01 Wah, Boss DS-1, Boss TU-2, Boss DD-7, EXH Small Clone

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Iago
    pics not that good, I used the webcam

its a classic series olympic white 2001-2002 tele I got on a Ebay auction for only 315.00$ with just some small dings..

ah, now I also can tell the difference from Oly to arctic white hehehehe
    I've never seen an Olympic White Tele before... NICE!!! *drool*
    "It's funny the way most people love the dead. Once you are dead, you are made for life." - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like

Chris,

Why do they call it "brown sunburst" ? looks like the standard 3 tone sunburst to me...

Trem,

check out Rory Gallaghers videos at Youtube. He`s using a olyimpic white Tele in some of them. You may wanna check the Flying Burrito Brothers "Older Guys" video too. Bernie Leadon uses a 66 (if i can tell) oly Tele
    Last edited by Iago; June 29th, 2006 at 09:32 AM. Reason: extending

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kerc
    Here's my 2000 MIM Tele, with GFS pickups and AllParts vintage bridge, brass nut, and a StewMac Black Ice fuzz circuit.
    What exactly does the Black Ice fuzz circuit do? I've never heard of that one before.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Iago
    Chris,

Why do they call it "brown sunburst" ? looks like the standard 3 tone sunburst to me...
    Good question. Don't know why. It is colour code 532 in the fender frontline colour scheme. In original it ist mor like black to brown to wooden than in the photo.
    Greetings

Christian

Guitars: Fender Telecaster Standard, Squier Classic Vibe 50's Stratocaster, Yamaha Pacifica 412V, Dean Vendetta, J&D LS-1, Collins Stage Western

Amp: Vox Valvetronix AD50VT, Fame GX60R

Pedals: DIY Box of Rock Clone, DIY Linear Power Boster, Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Marshall Regenerator, Digitech Bad Monkey, Harley Benton OD-100, Harley Benton DD-2, Behringer Hellbabe HB01 Wah, Boss DS-1, Boss TU-2, Boss DD-7, EXH Small Clone

Post Thanks / Like

Here is my first Tele ever owned. A Fender Muddy Waters Custom Tele. I replaced the white pickguard with a matte black one. The white PG was not the original 9 hole single ply guard but I didn't want white nor the 9 holes.

Attachment 984

The Muddy Waters only come in CAR (Candy Apple Red). 2 piece Ash 50's body with a maple back rosewood top 60's neck. Pickups are wound a little more than standard Tele pickups. Vintage 3 saddle bridge with brass saddles.
    Vintage Gotoh tuners come standard on this guitar.

Attachment 985

The back of the neck plate comes etched with Muddy's Signature...

Attachment 986

Since getting the guitar yesterday all I've been doing is playing it. I now wonder how I ever lived without a Telecaster....especially one like this.

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats, Tone! That sure does look like one fine instrument you have there! Teles are fun to play, aren't they?
    Guitars:
    Blackstar HT Club 40

Post Thanks / Like

Kat - Yes! I had no idea. Been having fun since yesterday and it's strapped to my bod as I type. I think I'll get it permanently attached to my body on Monday.

Post Thanks / Like

I've got a picture in my apartment of me sitting in with the band that was hired to play at my Dad's 60th Birthday. The lead guitar player / singer let me play his Tele. It was old and beat up (relic'd the hard way, over years of playing), and I had a blast!

Something about the simplicity of the design, along with that particular combination of parts that just feels right!
    Guitars:
    Blackstar HT Club 40

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast