Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Squier Tele Replacement Bridges???

Thread: Squier Tele Replacement Bridges???

Post Thanks / Like

Default Squier Tele Replacement Bridges???

Anybody know if there are replacement bridges available made specifically for the Squier Tele? I'd like to swap the one that came on my son's B&C Tele for a vintage style bridge with the three compensated brass saddles. But the only thing I can find are the regular Tele bridges, which have different hole placements for the strings and the mounting screws. I'd like to avoid "surgery", if at all possible. HELP!!
    DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

http://store.guitarfetish.com/wicotebrbrsa.html

Guitarfetish has a compensated Wilky bridge for the Tele... They have other hardtail bridges for metric Strats, maybe the bridges are the same size for Squier Teles?

At any rate, they may be able to point you in the right direction... Home this helps, man.

http://www.sagamusic.com/catalog/pro...D=2&BrandID=76

You may want to look at their "T-style bridge," this is the same company that puts out the Saga Tele kits... They make spare parts too (along with bodies & necks, too).
    Last edited by Katastrophe; June 28th, 2006 at 07:03 PM.
    Guitars:
    Fender 2006 MIM Fender Stratocaster HSS in 3TS
    Ibanez RG 570 with a bridge Invader
    ESP M II Deluxe with a Tune-o-Matic bridge
    Eleanor, the magical, mystical Road Worn wonder Tele
    Blackstar HT Club 40

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Katastrophe
    Guitarfetish has a compensated Wilky bridge for the Tele... They have other hardtail bridges for metric Strats, maybe the bridges are the same size for Squier Teles?
    You just HAD to mention that, didn't you! Damn... now I want one for my B&C so bad! I wanted to switch to the old style ashtray model but wasn't aware one could be found for such a low price. I don't know if it will fit a B&C, but the Ferraglide saddles for the MIM did fit my Squier so there is hope!

Anyone willing to splurge and purcahse one?
    "It's funny the way most people love the dead. Once you are dead, you are made for life." - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like

I think I found one at Callaham! Too bad it costs $85!! The mounting hole pattern isn't exact, but I think it should work because the overall bridge dimensions appear to be identical, and the string hole and pickup slot spacing look to be very close to the Squier Tele's:

Now, I just have to decide if I'm willing to drop that much $$ on a bridge for a guitar I only spent $166 on to begin with. Or find another alternative....

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

There doesn't appear to be a direct replacement for the Squier bridge. TDPRI has a good thread on the topic:

http://www.tdpri.com/forum/showthread.php?t=50956
    Guitars: Squier Standard Tele; Fender MIM fat strat; Traveler Speedster
    Amp: Vox AD30VT; Vox DA5; Fender Frontman 25R
    Other: DigiTech Bad Monkey; Tascam CD-GT1; Korg Pandora
    GAS'n for: Nothing at the moment!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, blogan! I'm going to try jumping into that thread and see if I can get more info....

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

The sting holes on my B&C are so out of alignment that I'd most likely have to plug them and drill from scratch.

Has anybody installed that bridge? If the quality is there, maybe I'll go for it. For $30 I'd be willing to take the risk. Those Ferraglides can make their way onto my new SX.
    "It's funny the way most people love the dead. Once you are dead, you are made for life." - Jimi Hendrix