Thread: Step 1 in the cure for GAS program

Post Thanks / Like

Default Step 1 in the cure for GAS program

Line 6 M13

Not what you expected, eh? But seriously, every time I've been getting a feeling that I need some new pedal mainly because of the way it's been described as "non-coloring or Tube Screamer like or lush delay" etc. I just go to my M13 and start tweaking. Presto - new pedal.

Then when folks say that this pedal stacks well with this other pedal....presto again. I'm stacked and I didn't even have to cable anything up.

This unit might not be for everyone but I'm getting great sounds out of it and if it's not a 100% replication of the listed pedal - so what. I'm getting great sounds, and that coupled with being very tweakable makes for one fine solution to always wanting different pedals.

Pedal GAS is now taken care of...I think.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

Yea my boys are digging the line 6 pod x3 live

Me im feeling old: robot guitars ,,all in one box digital effects............F------------me !!

OOPS almost let one slip Robert

But im with ya brother spuds on being impressed with line 6:
    "I love being alive and I will be the best man I possibly can. I will take love wherever I find it and offer it to whoever will take it... seek knowledge from those wiser and teach those who wish to learn from me."
    "Develop your talent, man, and leave the world something. Records are really gifts from people. To think that an artist would love you enough to share his music with anyone is a beautiful thing."
    Duane Skydog Allman

You come to a point in your life when you really don't care what people think about you, you just care what you think about yourself." - Evel Knievel

Post Thanks / Like

Step One of every pedal consideration - if it sounds good, the deal is real.
    Guitars: 2008 Gibson SG Classic, 2006 Gibson Les Paul Standard LE, 2002 Gibson SG Supreme, 2001 Gibson Les Paul Studio Plus, 1996 Les Paul Studio Gem, American Deluxe Double Fat Strat, Bluesville "Super" Strat Copy, MIK Fender "Limited Edition" Tele, JD Bluesville "Night Pilot", Yamaha AES 820, Steinberger Spirit GT Pro, Taylor 355CE, Ovation 1897 Adamas, Ovation CC057 Celebrity

Amps: Axe FX centered rack rig, Mesa 4x12 cab. Germino Club 40, Johnson JM150 Millennium, Johnson JM250 Millennium, Gibson Titan Medalist Frankenstein.

Effects: Tonebone Trimode, EH Holy Grail, Boss CH-1, Dunlop Crybaby Classic, Framptone Amp Switcher, THD Hot Plate, Yamaha AG Stomp Acoustic Processor, Boss BCB-60 Pedal Board.

Post Thanks / Like

I've recently sold all my pedals and replaced them with a Boss ME-50. The jury's still out but so far, so good. If I just want a Tube Screamer, tremolo and delay I'll run it manually. If I need effects combinations I'll save them and call them up from memory. The knobs help, I can hack knobs
    Electric: Fat strat > Korg PB > TS7 > DS1 > DD-20 > Cube 60 (Fender model)

Acoustic: Guitar > microphone > audience

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by markb
    The knobs help, I can hack knobs
    *signatured

I'm totally with ya bro. I loves me some knobs.:

Post Thanks / Like

I like the multi pedals and also have a pod ,the only drawback is ,if you sell it,trade it or it breaks down.
    there goes>all< your effects.back to square one.

That's what happened with my old ME-30, I had some great sounds programmed and lost everything when it crapped out on me.If it were a simple pedal I could have possibly fixed it.but it was only $60 investment

I just reciently tried to update the chip in the POD and it wigged out and quit working
    it took 3 months to get the chip and 5 seconds to fry it.
    that was a major loss($$$) because I purchased the floorboard for it and now it's useless also.

I'm hoping I can put the old chip back in and somehow revive it.

mabey I just have bad luck with all in one units
    guitars-esp m1,esp vintage plus strat,85 gibson LP std,Hamer std,hagstrom xl-5,takamine 330r
    amps-egnater tweaker,epi vj w/brat mod
    efx-byoc/dvm comp, j cantrell wah,ocd,catalinbread dls,wampler plextortion,ibanez chorus,tech21 boost dla

Post Thanks / Like

Andy
    I believe those chips are directional. They have to be oriented correctly or *pop* you're done as soon as you turn it on. If you look around I'll bet you can even find them pretty cheap.

As for loosing presets - that's a nice thing about the M13, it can be backed up onto your computer. Get a bunch of settings you like and then upload that info and save it. Pretty cool.