Quote Originally Posted by Robert
Heeeeeeeer's Johnny! Sorry, couldn't resist...

Please post an introduction in the Fret Players section too if you can.

I can't even remember what tubes they are - Svetlana I think. They improved the sound a lot. The EH are good tubes too but mine were dead and rattled. Never tried Ruby's.

My Alltone has seen it better days, so I use a 2x12 Avatar cab. I suppose I should replace the speaker in the Hellhound some day. I was thinking about an Eminence Wizard.

I don't know enough about biasing amps to know what you are talking about... but thanks for the info.
Cool, didn't think about an introduction. I'll see what I can do about that.

Any how I think a few small improvements in the amp make it a better amp. New tubes and a better speaker can help too. If you put in a a new speaker you may need to open the hole just a little. I had this problem and all I did was use a rasp file and take off about 1/8 inch on the out side edge. You shouldn't have to worry about biasing the amp there is no adjustment but if your's is anything like mine it runs a tad hot. I think thats how they get 60 watts with 2 6L6's, higher plate voltage. I recommend you test all the tubes about once a year or so, find someone with a good tube tester. I have several amps and I test the tubes in them about once a year since I use them all the time and rent some out to other musicians for gigs.