Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Show us your Strats!
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Show us your Strats!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Show us your Strats!

I'll kick this thread off with some pics of my MIM Limited edition "Flip-Flop" Stratocaster in blue/green sparkle. The pictures do not do this guitar justice at all since a camera cannot capture the flip-flop effect.

Upgrades include:
    • Complete gold Callaham hardware upgrade (bridge, saddles, tremolo arm, tremolo block, screws, springs, etc.)
    • Graph Tech nut
    • DiMarzio Tone Zone S bridge pickup
    • 500K volume pot
    • Gold American Fender string tree
    • Gold Schaller locking tuners
    • Gold locking straplocks
    • Upgraded bridge from MIM to vintage spacing
    The last pic shows what the guitar looked like stock and does manage to capture the blue color when the flip-flops a little bit.
    Last edited by tremoloman; June 29th, 2006 at 01:04 PM.
    "It's funny the way most people love the dead. Once you are dead, you are made for life." - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like

Default Here's my custom "Marilyn" Stratocaster

This is my favorite guitar of all the ones I own. It was the first guitar I built from scratch. I learned everything there is to know about assembling a guitar from this project. This is my "80s" guitar I use for hard rock, metal, and jazz. It's obnoxious, but if you want to play the part you gotta live the part!

It consists of:
    • Fender Powerhouse Strat Body in Graffiti Yellow
    • Fender 60s Strat neck
    • LSR Rolling Nut
    • DiMarzio pickups [Bridge - Tone Zone 2] [Middle & Neck - Tone Zone S]
    • Callaham Bridge assembly (block, saddles, arm, etc.)
    • Gotoh vintage locking tuners
    • Custom Marilyn Monroe pickguard designed by me hack work in Photoshop
    • Elixir .010 strings
    • Modern Fender string tree
    • 500K tone pot
    • Bleeder circuit wiring (allows mixing of neck and bridge pickups to be played together)
    "It's funny the way most people love the dead. Once you are dead, you are made for life." - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like

That yellow color is really nice!

How is the hot rails pups when you play them clean? Still getting a strat vibe?
    I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009

Post Thanks / Like

If I had to guess, based on your guitars, I would say that you're the shy, subtle type...

I'm not *usually* a fan of sparkle guitars, but there's something about the way the gold hardware plays off of the sparkle on the first one that makes it look really cool. I'll bet it looks great under stage lighting...

As for the yellow one, all I can say is WOW. It's one hell of an 80's look! I particularly like the "Boy Bands Suck" sticker.

Nice Strats, man!
    Guitars:
    Fender 2006 MIM Fender Stratocaster HSS in 3TS
    Ibanez RG 570 with a bridge Invader
    ESP M II Deluxe with a Tune-o-Matic bridge
    Eleanor, the magical, mystical Road Worn wonder Tele
    Blackstar HT Club 40

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SuperSwede
    That yellow color is really nice!

How is the hot rails pups when you play them clean? Still getting a strat vibe?
    Thank you... it's a discontinued color so it really stands out... sometimes too much!

To be honest this guitar doesn't retain the classic Strat sound at all. It's got a personality all its own. It's got more of a think and heavy tone. Clean, it's an awesome Jazz tone. Dirty, hard rock and metal are its forte. I use it on songs like 'Run To The Hills', 'Number of the Beast', 'Fade To Black', and 'The MXC Theme' if that helps give you an idea of the tones I'm referring to.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Katastrophe
    If I had to guess, based on your guitars, I would say that you're the shy, subtle type...

I'm not *usually* a fan of sparkle guitars, but there's something about the way the gold hardware plays off of the sparkle on the first one that makes it look really cool. I'll bet it looks great under stage lighting...

As for the yellow one, all I can say is WOW. It's one hell of an 80's look! I particularly like the "Boy Bands Suck" sticker.

Nice Strats, man!
    Thanks a lot Kat! Yeah... I'm real subtle!

Believe it or not I was super shy when I was a kid. Senior year soemthing happened and then the 11 years of keeping my mouth shut started pouring out all at once. Based on the length of my emails, you can see I'm still going on and on and on and ON...

I'm just a very friendly and outgoing guy who just does what he likes to whether or not someone thinks it may be odd or strange. I don't like my guitasrs to look like anyone elses since I prefer to be a leader rather than a follower. If nobody follows my lead, that's fine.

As for the sticker, I found one that said "Hard rock boy bands suck" and then modified it to jus say "Boy Bands Suck". It gives a nice subtle touch with Marilyn looking like she's in full agreement.

Post Thanks / Like

It takes a real man to match all that gold hardware, thats for sure.
    I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SuperSwede
    It takes a real man to match all that gold hardware, thats for sure.
    Some people call it my "Mr. T" guitar.

Post Thanks / Like

Here's my '89 Strat Plus. Only two changes made--replaced the stock white pickguard with black pearloid, and recently swapped the stock Lace Sensor Gold p'ups for a set of CS Texas Specials, courtesy of Tone2thebone. She ain't so fancy as some, but Lawdy, I surely do love her!

UPDATED 9/29/06: Changed all the plastic "trim" (p'up covers, knobs, etc.)from white to black. Looks freakin' dangerous now!

Last edited by duhvoodooman; September 29th, 2006 at 10:44 AM.
    DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

Thats a killer axe DVM. I can tell you're very proud of her.
    Guitars/Bass - MIM Fender Classic 50s Strat, MIM Fender Standard Strat, Squier Classic Vibe 50s Tele, Gibson Les Paul Studio, Epi '56 Gold Top Les Paul, Martin DSR acoustic, Sigma Martin Auditorium electric/acoustic, Squier Jazz Bass.

Amps/Cabinets/Modelers - Model 2558 50 watt Marshall Silver Anniversary Jubilee combo w/ Celestion Vintage 30s, 4x12 Marshall cabinet w/25 watt Greenback Celestions, Fender Blues Junior w/ a couple of Billm mods, Line 6 POD 2.0, Roland Micro Cube

Pedals/Effects - Cry Baby Classic Wah, Boss TU-2, Boss NS-2, Boss RC-2 Loop Station, Ross Compressor, MXR Micro Amp, Danelectro FAB Echo, Danelectro FAB Chorus, Danelectro Chicken Salad, Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Marshall Echohead, Duhvoodooman's Zonkin' Yellow Screamer, Digitech Digiverb, Digitech Bad Monkey, Dunlop Fuzz Face, Homemade Loop Bypass pedal, Duhvoodooman's Sonic Tonic (Maxon SD-9 clone +), Voodoo Labs Superfuzz

Post Thanks / Like

Man, I love basic black on a Strat, esp. with an all-maple neck. That's a nice axe there, DVM. I've heard numerous clips of her, too, so I already know she sounds sweet. That MOTO pickguard spices things up nicely.

Post Thanks / Like

Very nice DVM... the neck is awesome looking and I love the pickguard you chose for your guitar. Sharp as a razor!

Post Thanks / Like

Very nice, DVM! This thread should be retitled, Fuel for G.A.S., or something.

Keep them Strats coming!
    Guitars:
    Fender 2006 MIM Fender Stratocaster HSS in 3TS
    Ibanez RG 570 with a bridge Invader
    ESP M II Deluxe with a Tune-o-Matic bridge
    Eleanor, the magical, mystical Road Worn wonder Tele
    Blackstar HT Club 40

Post Thanks / Like

Here's mine. This is my first guitar I ever had. MIM '96 Strat. Bought it about 10 years ago. Since then I've modded it. Grover tuners, better string T, Fender Vintage Noiseless pickups, USA electronics including TBX tone controls, and wired so I can turn the tone down on the bridge pup, pearloid pickguard, and that's about it. She's a player and got some mojo from the 10 years of beating on her....in a good way of course!

-Peace
    -Nate
    Main Rig - Reverend Wolfman > Korg Pitchblack tuner >Vox Clyde Wah > MXR HW Script Phase 90 > MXR 108 Fuzz > Diaz Texas Ranger > Nova Drive > VL Analog Chorus > ModTone Analog Delay > Vox Night Train > 60's Vox 2x12 (Scumback M75 and Hellatone 30)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Riley
    Here's mine. This is my first guitar I ever had. MIM '96 Strat. Bought it about 10 years ago.

Very nice guitar. What about fretwear? Some say the MIM frets are not so durable as the more expensive models? What's your experience?
    Greetings

Christian

Guitars: Fender Telecaster Standard, Squier Classic Vibe 50's Stratocaster, Yamaha Pacifica 412V, Dean Vendetta, J&D LS-1, Collins Stage Western

Amp: Vox Valvetronix AD50VT, Fame GX60R

Pedals: DIY Box of Rock Clone, DIY Linear Power Boster, Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Marshall Regenerator, Digitech Bad Monkey, Harley Benton OD-100, Harley Benton DD-2, Behringer Hellbabe HB01 Wah, Boss DS-1, Boss TU-2, Boss DD-7, EXH Small Clone

Post Thanks / Like

Default Here's my 1975 Stratocaster hardtail

and the story to go with it:

http://home.comcast.net/~kitn13/strat.htm

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Guitar-Chris
    Very nice guitar. What about fretwear? Some say the MIM frets are not so durable as the more expensive models? What's your experience?
    Yup at the 6 year mark the frets were worn pretty bad(play exclusively).....but after being recrowned it's been ok. They are very low now.....so I'd say a refret with some taller wider frets will be in order down the road. They are much softer than say the US models...at least back then. Now my MIM Muddy Tele frets are nice and much better.

-Peace
    -Nate
    Main Rig - Reverend Wolfman > Korg Pitchblack tuner >Vox Clyde Wah > MXR HW Script Phase 90 > MXR 108 Fuzz > Diaz Texas Ranger > Nova Drive > VL Analog Chorus > ModTone Analog Delay > Vox Night Train > 60's Vox 2x12 (Scumback M75 and Hellatone 30)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by aeolian
    and the story to go with it:

http://home.comcast.net/~kitn13/strat.htm
    Aeolean, tht's the way a Strat should look like: Sunburst. I love it
    Greetings

Christian

Guitars: Fender Telecaster Standard, Squier Classic Vibe 50's Stratocaster, Yamaha Pacifica 412V, Dean Vendetta, J&D LS-1, Collins Stage Western

Amp: Vox Valvetronix AD50VT, Fame GX60R

Pedals: DIY Box of Rock Clone, DIY Linear Power Boster, Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Marshall Regenerator, Digitech Bad Monkey, Harley Benton OD-100, Harley Benton DD-2, Behringer Hellbabe HB01 Wah, Boss DS-1, Boss TU-2, Boss DD-7, EXH Small Clone

Post Thanks / Like

Nice guitar aeolian, but your little thinger is missing.

I had an ash natural from 1976 and it was a hard tail, three bolt too. I really liked that guitar, but I wore it out on the road and traded it. Waaaaaaaa! (tear drop falling from eye) annnnd, cut scene.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast