Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Eko Ranger

Thread: Eko Ranger

Post Thanks / Like

Default Eko Ranger

Mrs. Keel is not thrilled about this turn of events!!

On the way to the Guitar Center, for stuff to get the banjo up and running, I decided to stop by a local pawn shop. Amongst all the junk was a filthy, nasty looking Eko Ranger 12 string. But the frets looked good (just tarnished) straight neck and no cracks, dings, or structural problems. Saddle was the biggest issue, total mess. Made in Italy in '82, the last year they were imported into the US. After a bit of negotiating it somehow made it into the back seat of my car. Spent the ride to the GC and back coming up with a story.

The EKO has now been cleaned up, a new saddle installed, frets polished, truss rod tweaked, and new strings. Very pretty, twangy sound.

She will not be a permanet member of the family, she's only got a temporary visa. But fun to rescue the old girl.

"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic
    hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs.
    There's also a negative side."
    --Hunter S. Thompson

Guitars: Dean Sweet Wood 00R, Martin D2R, Guild D60, Guild D35NT, Morgan Monroe M30, OS baritone Uke

Northern Ohio - Near Cleveland - Home of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame http://www.rockhall.com/
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice find (again). Looks good and should be enjoyable for the temporary visit.
    Mark
    * Loud is good, good is better!

Post Thanks / Like

Man you are a high risk guy, I couldn't pull that off rght now, the Mrs would climb my back.

Post Thanks / Like

Your on a roll,better hurry their gunna dam the river.Sumi
    Guitars,Warmoth Tele,90's Fender Strat Plus/Fender CV 50's Tele/Parker p-36/Fretlight/Custom Strat(Fender body/warmoth Clapton neck,tonerider pups)Larrivee L03 mahogany acoustic

Amphs/66 Super Reverb/60's Bandmaster head and 2/12 cab/Blues jr//epi valve jr/supro super/ ZT lunchbox/Mahaffay Little Laneilei 3350/Pignose g40v

Pedals/Voods Rodent/MXR carbon copy/Duncan Pickup booster/Ts9/Rat/ts10/Line 6 tone port uk2
    Line 6 M13

Post Thanks / Like

Eko Rangers were very popular when I was a lad. They were cheap and just about indestructible. When I needed a cheap acoustic for a gig I bought an Eros 000 from the same factory. Tough, very cheap (it cost less than a new case) and surprisingly good sounding.
    Electric: Fat strat > Korg PB > TS7 > DS1 > DD-20 > Cube 60 (Fender model)

Acoustic: Guitar > microphone > audience

Post Thanks / Like

Very sweet Keel! That is an interesting pick guard on that puppy. Looks like something Batman would put on his guitar.
    Guitars and other stringed instruments: Washburn D10S, Washburn EA52SWCE, Washburn Cumberland J28SDL, Washburn D46S12, D'Aquisto Centura, Rover RM-50B Mando

Amps and Cabs: Behringer AT108, Firefly Tube Amph, Blackheart Little Giant BH5H, Shiner's Custom Cab v.1.0

". . . because without beer, things do not seem to go as well . . ." Brother Epp, Capuchin Monastery, Munjor, Kansas 1902

Post Thanks / Like

That's a bolt on neck right?

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

Man, I need you to come down here and go to some pawn shops with me.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    That's a bolt on neck right?
    Yes. Wierd for a dread.

MarkB is right, these guitars are built very rugged. Note the bridge. The three "buttons" cover bolts. Hard to imagine this bridge every lifting. But, she sounds really good. Very jangly, bright tone.
    "The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic
    hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs.
    There's also a negative side."
    --Hunter S. Thompson

Guitars: Dean Sweet Wood 00R, Martin D2R, Guild D60, Guild D35NT, Morgan Monroe M30, OS baritone Uke