Thread: NHL Winter Classic

Post Thanks / Like

Default NHL Winter Classic

What a great game, what a great venue. Of course, it didn't hurt that my Red Wings won. But seeing a game like that at Wrigley between two Original Six franchises with a long history was an awesome thing. They reported that there were 240,000 requests for the ~41,000 tickets. I'm glad to see the Blackhawks back. Hopefully that old rivalry can be rekindled.
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like

That was a great game. Ever since the Montreal/Edmonton 2003 game I've loved the outdoor game thing and wish they would do more of it. It makes for interesting hockey and exposes the game to more fans. It's also such a traditional part of youth hockey to play outside in some capacity that it's historically cool. Last year's Pitt/Buffalo game was a good one too. Of all the marketing ploys the NHL is using, this is one of the ones I appreciate. Certainly more than the anti-defense rule changes.
    "I happen to have perfect situational awareness, Lana. Which cannot be taught, by the way. Like a poet's ... mind for ... to make the perfect words." - Sterling Archer

Post Thanks / Like

I like the winter classic alot!
    Something confused me about this one though.
    I thought Huet played for Chicago, not Detroit?
    Guitars: Vox standard model 24,Framus jumbo acoustic,
    Crafter Telecaster copy,Crafter D-7 acoustic,
    Samick les paul copy.
    Dillion SG
    Amps: Behringer GMX1200H, Epiphone valve jr.

Post Thanks / Like

I keep hearing rumblings that the Wings are trying to host one (obviously wouldn't be for a couple of years) and play it at The Big House in Ann Arbor. Can you imagine Detroit vs. Toronto there? I get all tingly just thinking about it.
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by marnold
    Can you imagine Detroit vs. Toronto there? I get all tingly just thinking about it.
    You and me both :
    Gearlist:
    Electric: Ibanez 'AS103', Fender Dlx Nash Pwr Tele, Fender Squier '62 JV Strat, Squier '51, Squier 60's Classic Vibe Strat, Epi Elite LP Studio, Hagstrom Swede Acoustic: Larrivee LV-03RE, A&L AMI, Yamaha FG340-T Bass: Yamaha BB 450 Amps: Roland JC-120, JC-50, Peavey Classic 30, Fender Super Champ XD Pedals: Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Danelectro Cool Cat Drive, Transparent Overdrive, Digitech Digiverb, Bad Monkey, Ibanez TS-9, Boss AC-2, CE-5, CS-2, DD-3, DF-2, DS-1, FV-100, GE-7, OC-2, PSM-5, SD-1, TU-2, DVM~BYOC 'Lush Puppy' Chorus