View Poll Results: Which Stratocaster pickup setup do you prefer?

Voters
36. You may not vote on this poll
  • S/S/S

34 94.44%
  • H/S/S

2 5.56%
  • S/H/S

0 0%
  • H/H

0 0%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Which Stratocaster pickup setup do you prefer?

Post Thanks / Like

Single Single Single, all the way.
    Ron Paul is like Kryptonite to Tyranny

Guitars:
    MIM Fender Stratocaster, Ibanez AS73, Fender F210, Martin Backpaker Steel-String

Amps:
    Behringer V-Tone 2x10 60W, Marshall G10 MkII, Danelectro E-Studio Honeytone.

Pedals:
    Danelectro Corned Beef reverb, Johnson flanger, DOD FX25 envelope filter, Behringer Hellbabe wah, Digitech Bad Monkey

Post Thanks / Like

single single single but that leaves a lot a room for variation

and you can spend more money fill up a strat with every thing from hoitsy toitsy boutique pups to those ever so rare and eclectic wonders found only in the dark corners and nooks and cranny's of only the most seemly pawn shops

Post Thanks / Like

S/S/S is a must for all Strat Lovers, but hey, if you can afford more than one.. mix it up...

But I think you need to at least have one with s/s/s then start adding s/s/h etc..

I think the greatness of the strat is it's versatility... Do what you want with it...

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BJunior
    S/S/S is a must for all Strat Lovers, but hey, if you can afford more than one.. mix it up...

But I think you need to at least have one with s/s/s then start adding s/s/h etc..

I think the greatness of the strat is it's versatility... Do what you want with it...

When I first shopped for a guitar, I had picked a H/S/S as a target. Then I researched some more and decided to start with a tradtional strat, (so I voted S/S/S above) then add a different sounding guitar later. Probably sometime in the next year I will try to. I am thinking of the following in order: 1. Squire '51 that I can mod as I see fit as I get to know it, 2. H/S/S Overstock Squire of some kind. Really torn between the two. 3. A horse of a completely different color would be an LP or SG knockoff. I would like to stay more with a strat type of shape, however, so it is easier for my son to use. An LP or Tele (unless it was a modded contoured one) seems to big and clunky for him.
    Last edited by sunvalleylaw; December 23rd, 2006 at 10:26 AM.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

If you want a classic and warm humbucker sound get a Les Paul.
    That's the reason why I bough a Les instead of frankensteining my strat.

I changed from 57/62 vintage pu's to Texas Special pu's. These give me the sound I have ever wanted my Strat to sound like.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jimi75
    If you want a classic and warm humbucker sound get a Les Paul.
    That's the reason why I bough a Les instead of frankensteining my strat.
    Co-signed, I bought my SSS Strat for that bright Strat sound, not the humbucking sound.
    Ron Paul is like Kryptonite to Tyranny

Guitars:
    MIM Fender Stratocaster, Ibanez AS73, Fender F210, Martin Backpaker Steel-String

Amps:
    Behringer V-Tone 2x10 60W, Marshall G10 MkII, Danelectro E-Studio Honeytone.

Pedals:
    Danelectro Corned Beef reverb, Johnson flanger, DOD FX25 envelope filter, Behringer Hellbabe wah, Digitech Bad Monkey

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12