Thread: Digitech RP50

pes_laul Guest

Default Digitech RP50

Earlier today my step sister's boyfriend came to the door with a digitech RP50 saying its a late christmas present from him and Tracy (they just got married like a week earlier) and so we went in my room and played with it for a bit.

now I've never been much of a multi-FX sorta guy but this thing has got some good stuff: I don't think I would play a gig with it but im definitely bringing it to band practice from now on:

Post Thanks / Like

You young punks are probably harder on gear than us old cats but don't be afraid to take your RP to a gig. I gigged an RP80 quite a bit before upgrading to the GNX3000 I use now. Even if you don't use the amp models, the reverbs, delays, modulation effects etc. are quite useable. Run in thru your effects loop - you'll like it!

Rawk On!
    Electrics: Hagstrom Ultra Swede (Gold Eagle Burst) Gretsch 5120 Electromatic (Orange) Custom Nashville Blackout Telecaster (Black, Stat mid/neck p'ups; Lil Puncher (Modern Vintage) bridge p'up; Wilkinson Compensated Bridge w/ 3 brass saddles, Warmoth Vintage Modern Birdseye Maple Neck) Fender MIM Stratocaster (Blue Agave, Rosewood Fretboard, Fender Tex-Mex p'ups; GFS Trem/Block Kit) Highland Spitfire (semi-hollow, flame maple top w/ bubinga inlay)
    Acoustics:Washburn D10CEQSB, Yamaha FG160E
    Bass: Westone Spectrum ST, Warwick Rockbass Corvette Basic Active
    Amps: Vox NT15H/V112NT Night Train, Peavey Bandit 112, Hartke HyDrive 210C Bass Amp, Vox DA5

Post Thanks / Like

Learn how to program your own sounds and tweak the settings................
    you'll prob'ly like it way better!
    They can do some killer high-gain stuff, but they're a little noisy, but real ballsy.
    Guitars
    Wilburn Versatare, '52 FrankenTele(Fender licensed parts), Fender USA Roadhouse Strat, Fender USA Standard B-bender Telecaster, Agile AL 3000 w/ WCR pickups, Ibanez MIJ V300 Acoustic, Squier Precision Bass,
    Amps
    Ceriatone Overtone Special, Musicman 212 Sixty-Five, Fender Blues Jr., Peavey Classic 30, Fender Super Reverb, Traynor YCV-40 WR Anniversary w/ matching 1x12 ext. cab, Epiphone SoCal 50w head w/ matching 4x12 cab (Lady Luck speakers), Avatar 2x12 semi-open back cab w/ Celestion speakers
    Pedals
    Digitech Bad Monkey, Digitech Jamman, DVM's ZYS, Goodrich volume pedal

Post Thanks / Like

I got one a few months ago. Since I play blues almost exclusively, most of the presets aren't useful to me. Basically, I got it as a cheap way to get a bit of delay, reverb, and compression.

I did actually program a patch to use on Red House and used it in a live setting: lots of delay and fuzz. It sounded pretty good, I thought.

Other than that, I haven't used it out. I play mostly at jams and 2 pedals (I always bring an OD pedal) seems like overkill and would likely interfere with the scarce setup time you get.

However, we just moved to an apartment where I have to keep the noise down, and I can just plug headphones into the unit and practice, which is pretty sweet.

Bob
    Guitars: Jimmie Vaughan Strat, 2001 Affinity Squier Strat with 70's Japanese pickups, Affinity Squier Tele
    Amps: Fender Pro Junior w/ Ragin' Cajun speaker, Peavey Delta Blues 115
    Pedals: Ibanez TS9DX w/ Humphrey mod, Dunlop Crybaby Wah, Dano PB&J Delay, Arion Tubulator w/Indyguitarist mod, Boss CS-3, Dano Fish and Chips EQ, Boss CH-1, Dano TunaMelt Tremolo, Boss RV-3, Boss DS-1
    Strings: Darco 10's

pes_laul Guest

Quote Originally Posted by t_ross33
    You young punks are probably harder on gear than us old cats but don't be afraid to take your RP to a gig. I gigged an RP80 quite a bit before upgrading to the GNX3000 I use now. Even if you don't use the amp models, the reverbs, delays, modulation effects etc. are quite useable. Run in thru your effects loop - you'll like it!

Rawk On!
    I don't have an effects loop (if your talking one that comes out of my amp)

Post Thanks / Like

Give it a chance to catch a place in your live set up. Digitech stuff has a great aound quality and for sure there will be something that you could use in a live situation.
    "A lot of people in the industry want to blame downloading for the state of the business. But I think if most music wasn't shit to begin with people wouldn't be downloading it for free," - Corey Taylor (Slipknot)

pes_laul Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Jimi75
    Give it a chance to catch a place in your live set up. Digitech stuff has a great aound quality and for sure there will be something that you could use in a live situation.
    I must say I sure did the pitch shifter.

sure beats paying 150$ for the boss one