Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Suggestions for improving the Fret in 2009? - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Suggestions for improving the Fret in 2009?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket
    Suggestion: How about asking members to display their laundry list of gear under a link or under profile notes so it isn't required to scroll through all that tedious repetition every time just to read the meat of the posts.
    Very good point Rocket!
    "A lot of people in the industry want to blame downloading for the state of the business. But I think if most music wasn't shit to begin with people wouldn't be downloading it for free," - Corey Taylor (Slipknot)

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

I have asked some with long sigs to shorten them down... and they did.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Well, I think it's pretty cool that Fretter's are willing to share what gear they have. As long as it's not one piece of gear per line, I see it as a nice way of sharing.
    Gearlist:
    Electric: Ibanez 'AS103', Fender Dlx Nash Pwr Tele, Fender Squier '62 JV Strat, Squier '51, Squier 60's Classic Vibe Strat, Epi Elite LP Studio, Hagstrom Swede Acoustic: Larrivee LV-03RE, A&L AMI, Yamaha FG340-T Bass: Yamaha BB 450 Amps: Roland JC-120, JC-50, Peavey Classic 30, Fender Super Champ XD Pedals: Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Danelectro Cool Cat Drive, Transparent Overdrive, Digitech Digiverb, Bad Monkey, Ibanez TS-9, Boss AC-2, CE-5, CS-2, DD-3, DF-2, DS-1, FV-100, GE-7, OC-2, PSM-5, SD-1, TU-2, DVM~BYOC 'Lush Puppy' Chorus

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Algonquin
    Well, I think it's pretty cool that Fretter's are willing to share what gear they have. As long as it's not one piece of gear per line, I see it as a nice way of sharing.
    I agree...and I see you still have my GE-7 Dave wanna sell it back to me?
    Guitars/Bass - MIM Fender Classic 50s Strat, MIM Fender Standard Strat, Squier Classic Vibe 50s Tele, Gibson Les Paul Studio, Epi '56 Gold Top Les Paul, Martin DSR acoustic, Sigma Martin Auditorium electric/acoustic, Squier Jazz Bass.

Amps/Cabinets/Modelers - Model 2558 50 watt Marshall Silver Anniversary Jubilee combo w/ Celestion Vintage 30s, 4x12 Marshall cabinet w/25 watt Greenback Celestions, Fender Blues Junior w/ a couple of Billm mods, Line 6 POD 2.0, Roland Micro Cube

Pedals/Effects - Cry Baby Classic Wah, Boss TU-2, Boss NS-2, Boss RC-2 Loop Station, Ross Compressor, MXR Micro Amp, Danelectro FAB Echo, Danelectro FAB Chorus, Danelectro Chicken Salad, Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Marshall Echohead, Duhvoodooman's Zonkin' Yellow Screamer, Digitech Digiverb, Digitech Bad Monkey, Dunlop Fuzz Face, Homemade Loop Bypass pedal, Duhvoodooman's Sonic Tonic (Maxon SD-9 clone +), Voodoo Labs Superfuzz

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tone2TheBone
    I agree...and I see you still have my GE-7 Dave wanna sell it back to me?
    Yeah, and I'll trade you back your tort PG for your Guv'nor! (plus something to sweeten the pot).
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

I wasn't looking to start a debate, (or even a mandate.)
    Robert asked for some suggestions and I tossed in 2-cents. If everyone piles on and takes a dump on suggestions, (especially when asked for,) I'll guess that not many will follow.
    It was just a suggestion.

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with Rocket. Thanks for pointing it out too, Rocket. No problem having some gear listed, but some had way too long of a signature, and I guess that's my fault for making it possible... can be annoying when the signature is 20 lines long and the post are 1 or 2 lines long...

But I asked the "guilty" to shorten the signature and the response was positive and the change was made. That's about all I can do at the moment.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I shortened mine (sig) up some just now as well. All suggestions should be welcome and considered.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

- j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Best I got is this one of Shiner multitasking:

He's the only one I see taking a dump around here.

I was actually quite serious about getting my old GE-7 pedal back from Algonquin. I saw it in his gear list and I remembered that he had it. That's the cool thing about having gear lists. I can go back and barter with my old customers on stuff I let go. : Shortening gear lists is certainly a great suggestion however. I compromised long ago and just made the fonts smaller on mine.
    Guitars/Bass - MIM Fender Classic 50s Strat, MIM Fender Standard Strat, Squier Classic Vibe 50s Tele, Gibson Les Paul Studio, Epi '56 Gold Top Les Paul, Martin DSR acoustic, Sigma Martin Auditorium electric/acoustic, Squier Jazz Bass.

Amps/Cabinets/Modelers - Model 2558 50 watt Marshall Silver Anniversary Jubilee combo w/ Celestion Vintage 30s, 4x12 Marshall cabinet w/25 watt Greenback Celestions, Fender Blues Junior w/ a couple of Billm mods, Line 6 POD 2.0, Roland Micro Cube

Pedals/Effects - Cry Baby Classic Wah, Boss TU-2, Boss NS-2, Boss RC-2 Loop Station, Ross Compressor, MXR Micro Amp, Danelectro FAB Echo, Danelectro FAB Chorus, Danelectro Chicken Salad, Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Marshall Echohead, Duhvoodooman's Zonkin' Yellow Screamer, Digitech Digiverb, Digitech Bad Monkey, Dunlop Fuzz Face, Homemade Loop Bypass pedal, Duhvoodooman's Sonic Tonic (Maxon SD-9 clone +), Voodoo Labs Superfuzz

Post Thanks / Like

I wasn't looking to start a debate, (or even a mandate.)
    Robert asked for some suggestions and I tossed in 2-cents. If everyone piles on and takes a dump on suggestions, (especially when asked for,) I'll guess that not many will follow.
    It was just a suggestion.
    It was a good suggestion, Rocket.
    My gear list is too long as well. I try to keep it in small print, and update it when necessary. It's nice to see what some of the members have (esp. when we've bought/sold/traded here), but it shouldn't take up excessive space.
    It was a good suggestion.
    Guitars
    Wilburn Versatare, '52 FrankenTele(Fender licensed parts), Fender USA Roadhouse Strat, Fender USA Standard B-bender Telecaster, Agile AL 3000 w/ WCR pickups, Ibanez MIJ V300 Acoustic, Squier Precision Bass,
    Amps
    Ceriatone Overtone Special, Musicman 212 Sixty-Five, Fender Blues Jr., Peavey Classic 30, Fender Super Reverb, Traynor YCV-40 WR Anniversary w/ matching 1x12 ext. cab, Epiphone SoCal 50w head w/ matching 4x12 cab (Lady Luck speakers), Avatar 2x12 semi-open back cab w/ Celestion speakers
    Pedals
    Digitech Bad Monkey, Digitech Jamman, DVM's ZYS, Goodrich volume pedal

Post Thanks / Like

Just send me your gear, and I promise not to list it all out in a sig.
    Problem resolved, all the way around.

Post Thanks / Like

What do we all think about a new theme for the forums? The current one is not bad, but could be improved greatly. I'm sure Robert has other things to do, though I've done a few of them before (though admittedly for IP Board), so I could definitely have a crack and see if it's liked.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by thekiwidisciple
    What do we all think about a new theme for the forums? The current one is not bad, but could be improved greatly. I'm sure Robert has other things to do, though I've done a few of them before (though admittedly for IP Board), so I could definitely have a crack and see if it's liked.
    I'm not sure what you mean by "new theme for the forums", but I'm prob'ly gonna think "no".
    Guitars
    Wilburn Versatare, '52 FrankenTele(Fender licensed parts), Fender USA Roadhouse Strat, Fender USA Standard B-bender Telecaster, Agile AL 3000 w/ WCR pickups, Ibanez MIJ V300 Acoustic, Squier Precision Bass,
    Amps
    Ceriatone Overtone Special, Musicman 212 Sixty-Five, Fender Blues Jr., Peavey Classic 30, Fender Super Reverb, Traynor YCV-40 WR Anniversary w/ matching 1x12 ext. cab, Epiphone SoCal 50w head w/ matching 4x12 cab (Lady Luck speakers), Avatar 2x12 semi-open back cab w/ Celestion speakers
    Pedals
    Digitech Bad Monkey, Digitech Jamman, DVM's ZYS, Goodrich volume pedal

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by oldguy
    I'm not sure what you mean by "new theme for the forums", but I'm prob'ly gonna think "no".
    I'd vote no as well. These colors are very easy on the eyes.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Northern Ohio - Near Cleveland - Home of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame http://www.rockhall.com/
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    I'd vote no as well. These colors are very easy on the eyes.
    Ditto.

Oh, and I like what has been done to the place during my short absence.
    Mark
    * Loud is good, good is better!

Post Thanks / Like

Fair enough then.

Post Thanks / Like

I have posted some backing tracks lately, and so how do we get the "action" on these things that many of seem to want? Not many jam sessions happening lately here. Feel free to post more and better tracks than mine! :

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I have designs on participating and recording on one, but time has been an issue this season. Stay tuned, and I will try and get something done, sometime. Lately, I have not been able to do much more than mess around with stuff I already know or is assigned in my lessons. The jams sure are fun when you can get them going.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

- j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    We all get to go home.
    Yes, but my home is just a dumpy-old planet somewhere. Your's is through the the black hole at the heart of the Milky Way into eternity.

Your travel requires Prognostication.
    I pick a moon dog.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234