Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wreck Me Baby

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Wreck Me Baby

I made a blues backing track tonight. This one will be covered on my Blues DVD, or at least that is the plan right now. It will show how to play the 2 rhythm parts, as well as some lead ideas.

Please let me know what you think of the overall quality. I didn't spend much time on details such as great drum programming and dynamics. I figure as practice tunes, they might be okay like this.

What do you think?
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I really like it myself. Sounds collab/jamworthy!
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Sound pretty good to me. But was there also bass on it?
    "A lot of people in the industry want to blame downloading for the state of the business. But I think if most music wasn't shit to begin with people wouldn't be downloading it for free," - Corey Taylor (Slipknot)

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, yes there is bass on it. Can't you hear it?

Is there overall volume too low?
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Robert,

The simplicity is blues-beautiful, the instruments sound fine, and it is a great platform to play from.

Yes, the bass could come up just a fraction (it's almost where it should be, but just a little more prominence would do the trick...it is so good!).

Your "Wreck Me Baby" is an excellent BT! Great job--and thanks!

PS The bonus "Rock Me In Texas" BT right after it is sweet too! I always did like "two for ones"!
    - slow&alive / quicknthedead

I was taught to think the next week or month or year will only get better than it is today. So I just keep waiting to see how great it will get! --- Stevie Ray Vaughan

Guitars:
    Yamaha FG-180 {1978 Acoustic}, Wechter Pathmaker {Acoustic/Electric}, Fender Stratocaster {DiMarzio- (2) DP188 Pro Track [Neck & Mid], (1) DP182 Fast Track-2 [Bridge]}, Greg Bennett Samick Torino TR1

Pedals:
    Budda Wah...Chicago Iron Octavian+…HumphreyAudio Boss CS-3 Compression Sustainer...Danelectro Fish & Chips Equalizer...Visual Sound Jekyll & Hyde Ultimate Overdrive... Digitech Hardwire CM-2 Tube Overdrive…Fulltone Deja MiniVibe...Marshall Regenerator Stereo Modulation… Marshall Echohead Digital Delay... Marshall Relector Reverb...Boss NS-2 Noise Suppressor

Amp:
    Fender Super Champ XD, Fender Mustang II, Roland Micro Cube
    Weber 50W Mini Mass Attenuator

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Robert
    Thanks, yes there is bass on it. Can't you hear it?

Is there overall volume too low?
    Well, bass could be a little louder in the mix.
    "A lot of people in the industry want to blame downloading for the state of the business. But I think if most music wasn't shit to begin with people wouldn't be downloading it for free," - Corey Taylor (Slipknot)

Post Thanks / Like

If you guys would like it , i could ad an organ backing track on this pattern sometimes next week if you want to do a collaboration jam.. For fun !

Blazes
    My SoundClick -- Rubber Band -- Jazz Trio

--Quebec made 1978 Norman B-30 , Martin Dc 15E , Suzuki Archtop
    -- Fender Start Reissue 57 , Ibanez AR 300 , Peavy Falcon ,Xaviere Xv600,
    -- Fender Telecaster , Charvel_Jackson , Framus Lapsteel
    --Rc boost,Ts9 ,Coolcat-ToD,GGG Fuzz Face, Boss Ce2 , Rc Booster ,Tone driver , Boss dd2 , Boss Gt8 (effects _effects loop)
    --Amp:Traynor Ycv40 wr -- Blackstar HT5-- Car :Toyota Tercel 1999..

/ `--'(
    < [] []////////|:::-)
    \_.--.(

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Yeah, let's use this backer and make a great collab! I personally think some organ would be a nice addition. A good old school sound. But it is Robert's backer, so I defer to him.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

- j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah sure thing, but let me improve the drums a bit this one first.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice BT Robert! Thanks for sharing

You should turn up the bass a notch or two.
    I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009

Post Thanks / Like

I updated the track - increased the overall volume, cranked the bass a bit and added some drum fills and cymbals. Thoughts?

http://www.box.net/shared/static/7bf0k30nsl.mp3

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Hmm, my untrained ear leans toward the less bassey mix. I think the drum fills and cymbals sound nice. Just my honest .02. Thanks for working on it.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

- j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Feel free everyone to grab this one and record over it. A collaboration piece!

I can make it much longer if you guys want. Just tell me how minutes, and I'll just extend it.

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds great
    I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds great. Like the second version, but can't get it to come up in the usual boxnet display with the easy download click option.
    We could do a collaboration with different people taking a slot. It's 4:25 now, maybe double that, and anyone who wants to take a one-minute or so slot?
    helliott in Hamilton
    Guitars -- 2 PRS CE 24s 85/15 pups, PRS semi-hollow CE 22, Fender Baja Telecaster; Gibson Les Paul Standard; 80s Strat updated with custom 69 pups, Anniversary Strat with Fat 50s, Epiphone Sheraton re-issue; Yamaha 5-string bass; Yamaha TBS 6 and 12 string acoustics,Takamine acoustic, Fender nylon string acoustic
    Amps -- Mesa Boogie Lone Star; Boss Katana 100, Peavey Blueamaster 2x10, Line 6 Helix
    Pedals etc: Mosfet Full Drive 2; Ibanez Tube Screamer; Fairfield Barbershop OD, Diamond Compressor; Voodo Sparkledrive, Boss Digital Delay DD7; Boss TU2 Chromatic Tuner; Cry Baby wah

Post Thanks / Like

Go here. http://www.box.net/shared/7bf0k30nsl

I can make 8-10 minutes if you want. I'll let you guys know when it's been uploaded.

Oh by the way, my friend Myra (who is a great vocalist) is adding some vocals to this tune and we're making it into an original. I'll definitely try and make a bit more professional at that time, and less backing-tracky, so to speak....

Post Thanks / Like

You might want to wait to see if there's any interest in doing this sort of collab other than from me. If there isn't, people can just record over the shorter version.
    helliott in Hamilton
    Guitars -- 2 PRS CE 24s 85/15 pups, PRS semi-hollow CE 22, Fender Baja Telecaster; Gibson Les Paul Standard; 80s Strat updated with custom 69 pups, Anniversary Strat with Fat 50s, Epiphone Sheraton re-issue; Yamaha 5-string bass; Yamaha TBS 6 and 12 string acoustics,Takamine acoustic, Fender nylon string acoustic
    Amps -- Mesa Boogie Lone Star; Boss Katana 100, Peavey Blueamaster 2x10, Line 6 Helix
    Pedals etc: Mosfet Full Drive 2; Ibanez Tube Screamer; Fairfield Barbershop OD, Diamond Compressor; Voodo Sparkledrive, Boss Digital Delay DD7; Boss TU2 Chromatic Tuner; Cry Baby wah

Post Thanks / Like

Great backing track, but it's got too much guitar already IMHO. I tried to solo over it and the two rhythm guitars got in the way.
    My suggestion is, if you want to turn into something more professional, you might consider replacing at least one of the guitars with an organ or piano or lose it completely, and turn the other one down, too.
    Other than that, it sounds tight! I especially like the bass. Thank you for posting it!

Post Thanks / Like

It's not supposed to be something professional, just a practice track. I could of course upload a version where the main guitar theme (both guitars) is only for first 12 bars, then a bunch of bars with only the "back beat" rhythm guitar, and then end the whole thing again with the same 12 bars as the beginning. Would be more fun to solo over.

Thanks for the feedback Vihar!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast