Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Small Wonder Studios gets new carpet

Thread: Small Wonder Studios gets new carpet

Post Thanks / Like

Default Small Wonder Studios gets new carpet

I just scored some new to me carpet for the Small Wonder Studio. I live across the street from an office building and coming home from the gym today I spied 2 guys standing by a pile of carpet in front of the building. I went over and asked what the deal was. Are you planning on hauling it to the dump? They said, "not if you take a bunch of it first." Sweet!:

One large piece came from a conference room that hasn't seen much use so that is the one I grabbed. It does the whole studio with one 80 inch long splice directly behind the desk so it isn't even seen.

Paying attention to what's going on sometimes has great rewards. This is one of those deals I definitely could afford.:

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

Situational awareness yup! Nice score Spud, nothing like being comfortable while jammin. I see some goodies spread around the room

Edited: I have been wanting to compliment you on your avatar image. Man that baby looks sweet!!!

M
    Last edited by M29; January 8th, 2009 at 04:34 PM. Reason: Avatar comment

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by M29
    Situational awareness yup!
    Edited: I have been wanting to compliment you on your avatar image. Man that baby looks sweet!!!
    M
    The universe doth provide.

Thanks. That's my ash Protone Squier that I snagged thanks to that awesome skier dude Sunvalleylaw.:

Post Thanks / Like

Nice snag (pun not intended) there, Spudster!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Ya, I shoulda snagged it for myself. The Protone, not the carpet. The carpet is nice too, and it was about time you got rid of the old stuff in there with the chew spit and boogers all over it.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sunvalleylaw
    Ya, I shoulda snagged it for myself. The Protone, not the carpet. The carpet is nice too, and it was about time you got rid of the old stuff in there with the chew spit and boogers all over it.
    Plus all your drool from when you picked up your Hagstrom.

Post Thanks / Like

Default More pictures

Got it all done and put back together. I'm going to fire the maid now. I found dust on everything!

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, great find and good lookin' carpet, Spud!

although I don't see anything wrong with a little spit. Gives it character.

Post Thanks / Like

Whats that risky looking website on the screen there? Oh oH oh I think it is the Fret

Do you practice standing up alot? I have been thinking of making up some sort of practice station where you could stand and run all your computer, amp and guitar work in one place with the controls to everything close at hand. I thought too of having some sort of overhead arm of some sort, maybe a bendable mike stand extension to put headphones on above your head so the cord does not get in the way of your playing.
    I really like seeing different setups and yours is extra special knowing your talent and experience.
    Thanks for sharing this with us.

M

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

I spy a lot of coolio thingies there, brother Spud!

V-amp Pro rack unit? HP Pavilion? M-Audio interface or Behringer?

True to the deal, Spud leaves the monitor showing www.thefret.net - another guitar coming your way! :
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Robert
    V-amp Pro rack unit? HP Pavilion? M-Audio interface or Behringer?

True to the deal, Spud leaves the monitor showing www.thefret.net - another guitar coming your way! :
    That is the Lexicon Omega USB interface...and thanks for the guitar.

Post Thanks / Like

I like that amp head in the second pic. (post #7)
    Guitars
    Wilburn Versatare, '52 FrankenTele(Fender licensed parts), Fender USA Roadhouse Strat, Fender USA Standard B-bender Telecaster, Agile AL 3000 w/ WCR pickups, Ibanez MIJ V300 Acoustic, Squier Precision Bass,
    Amps
    Ceriatone Overtone Special, Musicman 212 Sixty-Five, Fender Blues Jr., Peavey Classic 30, Fender Super Reverb, Traynor YCV-40 WR Anniversary w/ matching 1x12 ext. cab, Epiphone SoCal 50w head w/ matching 4x12 cab (Lady Luck speakers), Avatar 2x12 semi-open back cab w/ Celestion speakers
    Pedals
    Digitech Bad Monkey, Digitech Jamman, DVM's ZYS, Goodrich volume pedal

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I also really liked the sound of that Little Giant through that blowout Drive cabinet. I was impressed with that little thing. We did not fire up the Mace when we were there. I don't see my favorite Ibanez guitar of his up on the wall. It must have cycled through.

Oh yeah, about the drool, were you able to cut out the rot in the sub floor I caused? What about the mess when I almost crapped my . . . oh wait, that was something else. ;-)
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

- j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

+1

Freebies are always nice... but where is your finest guitar (the Roadstar)?
    I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009

Post Thanks / Like

Peavey Mace = cool!

That blue Strat is interesting, as is the single cutaway guitar inbetween the Ibby and the bass. Could you tell more about them? That's also a cool bass as well!
    Guitars:
    Fender 2006 MIM Fender Stratocaster HSS in 3TS
    Ibanez RG 570 with a bridge Invader
    ESP M II Deluxe with a Tune-o-Matic bridge
    Eleanor, the magical, mystical Road Worn wonder Tele
    Blackstar HT Club 40

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like a comfortable place!
    Maybe I rent your place for my next recording ;-)

By the way, a carpet is an important piece of equipment as it seems....see my other thread bro'.
    "A lot of people in the industry want to blame downloading for the state of the business. But I think if most music wasn't shit to begin with people wouldn't be downloading it for free," - Corey Taylor (Slipknot)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Katastrophe
    Peavey Mace = cool!

That blue Strat is interesting, as is the single cutaway guitar in between the Ibby and the bass. Could you tell more about them? That's also a cool bass as well!
    Samick AV4 - Duncan Designed pickups with coil tap in the tone knob and super low buzz-less action and a sweet neck. Otherwise, it's just a guitar.
    http://www.thefret.net/showthread.ph...my+blue+guitar

Post Thanks / Like

Why in heaven's name did you name your studio after this?
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Whoa, I don't think I even knew that existed! Yikes!
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

- j. johnson