Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Worrisome Disorder... - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Worrisome Disorder...

Post Thanks / Like

OK, so here's a brief description and a few pictures. I'll do a more thorough review in the "review" section later.

My overall impression of the AD 3000 is quite good. The fit and finish are both very good to excellent with no paint blemishes or gaps. The fitting of the mahogany body sections is a small issue, but I'll get into that in the full review. The acoustic tone is very Les Paul-like with the 3/4" maple top making the tone slightly brighter as it should. I compared the tone directly to my Agile 2800 DLX which has a mahogany body, a thin flame maple veneer, and a maple neck. The 2800 is definitely darker in tone (but not detrimentally so).

The maple top on this guitar is quite different than most I've seen. Rather than having the thin flame striping or the mottled quilt markings, this top is more of a tiger stripe flame with the flame striping wider. I like the look. Anyway, here's the pics:

Ah, nothing relieves the discomfort of GAS pains like the sound of the UPS truck rumbling down your street. It's like the musician's Beano.

Post Thanks / Like

Very nice looking guitar. Congrats on getting some help for your, ah, problem. :

Can I ask how much she weighs ?

Gil
    Where ever you go, there you are

a 1973 Léro Model 58 Dreadnought; a 1998 Ovation 1861 Standard Balladeer Natural; Taka - a 2005 Squier '51 Black
    Yume - a 2006 Squier Standard Strat Cherryburst; Houbi - a 2008 Fender VG Strat Blizzard Pearl won via fender.com

Pedals: Home made board; Visual Sound 1 Spot Power; Danelectro Chicken Salad, Fab Chorus, Echo & Flange; DVM Phasers To STUN; EHX LPB-1; Fender PT-100 Tuner
    Amps: Fender Super Champ XD; Vox DA-5 in Camo
    Computer: Apple MacBook Pro, PowerMac G4; Line6 Toneport KB37; M-Audio Black Box Pedal Board, Trigger Finger & DX4 Monitors
    Software: Ableton Live Lite; Apple Garageband; Cockos Reaper; Line6 Gearbox/POD Farm with Model Packs
    GAS: Squier Classic Vibe '50s Tele; Barber Tone Press Pedal; DigiTech Bad Monkey Pedal

Post Thanks / Like

Nice! Congrats, Blooz!
    Guitars:
    Fender 2006 MIM Fender Stratocaster HSS in 3TS
    Ibanez RG 570 with a bridge Invader
    ESP M II Deluxe with a Tune-o-Matic bridge
    Eleanor, the magical, mystical Road Worn wonder Tele
    Blackstar HT Club 40

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gil Janus
    Very nice looking guitar. Congrats on getting some help for your, ah, problem. :

Can I ask how much she weighs ?

Gil
    Yes, thank you. I think I'm going to be OK now...the hyperventilating has stopped, the symptoms ar subsiding....

I don't have an exact weight, but it's right around 8-lbs...which is better than I heard it would be. It definitely is lighter than my Agile 2800 DLX LP copy which is pushing 10-lbs.
    Ah, nothing relieves the discomfort of GAS pains like the sound of the UPS truck rumbling down your street. It's like the musician's Beano.

Post Thanks / Like

Glad to hear that you're feeling better! That is one beautiful guitar. I'm like Robert, it reminds me a lot of a PRS clone. How does she play? Be sure to post some clips! :

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bigoldron
    Glad to hear that you're feeling better! That is one beautiful guitar. I'm like Robert, it reminds me a lot of a PRS clone. How does she play? Be sure to post some clips! :
    I did a review in the "Product Reviews" section with more detailed info....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12