Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Worrisome Disorder...

Post Thanks / Like

Default Worrisome Disorder...

I'm afraid I've got some terrible news...

I'm suffering from a rare, disorder that is known only to those born with the rare musicnut gene. Although not yet an officially recognized disorder by the American Medical Association, it is none-the-less a very real threat to those genetically pre-disposed to the illness. It is far more hideous than a simple virus like GAS...

I've got Type II Spud Syndrome, or Spuds for short....

It's the cumulative effect of buying too many guitars. It lies dormant in one's system until an event (er...or a purchase) creates an intollerable burden on the body's already taxed endocrine system which triggers an immunodeficiency reaction in the body. This results in a breakdown in that area of the central nervous system that regulates impulsive actions, like the afore mentioned guitar buying ( I have no friggin' idea what the h*ll I just said ) It's a sad and debilitating disorder.

The purchase that put me over the edge...
    http://www.rondomusic.com/product1261.html
    Last edited by Bloozcat; January 9th, 2009 at 08:16 PM.

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

That's gonna be okay, as long as you come here and get Fret therapy.

It looks like a PRS clone? What is it? Are they allowed to rip off those designs or do you think they pay some licence for using that design?
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Sweet one blooz! : Is that the Agile doublecut whatever they call it?
    I bet it's real abalone inlays and an ebony fretboard too, huh?
    Is that a real quilted maple top? How thick?
    Have you got it yet, or did you just order it? Are you gonna post pics when you get it, so we can see the real deal, not just Kurt's ad photo? Huh?Huh? Are ya? (man I love those Agiles)

Edit: Never mind, I looked it up......... NICEY NICE........
    Real abalone, ebony fretboard, 3/4" flame maple top (not quilted, my bad), and pretty decent hardware and electronics, AND a hardshell case, for 4 bills?
    Give yourself a big pat on the back bloozcat, ya done good.
    Guitars
    Wilburn Versatare, '52 FrankenTele(Fender licensed parts), Fender USA Roadhouse Strat, Fender USA Standard B-bender Telecaster, Agile AL 3000 w/ WCR pickups, Ibanez MIJ V300 Acoustic, Squier Precision Bass,
    Amps
    Ceriatone Overtone Special, Musicman 212 Sixty-Five, Fender Blues Jr., Peavey Classic 30, Fender Super Reverb, Traynor YCV-40 WR Anniversary w/ matching 1x12 ext. cab, Epiphone SoCal 50w head w/ matching 4x12 cab (Lady Luck speakers), Avatar 2x12 semi-open back cab w/ Celestion speakers
    Pedals
    Digitech Bad Monkey, Digitech Jamman, DVM's ZYS, Goodrich volume pedal

Post Thanks / Like

Robert,

It's close to an LP double cut, but with the slight body contour changes and the altered headstock, it's different enough to keep Gibson's lawyers on their leashes. I have one of the 2500's with P-90's now, but it doesn't have the
    features this one does.

oldguy'

Yep, the inlays are abalone. The body is solid mahogany and the top is a full 3/4" in flame maple...all the way through. It also has a 1-piece mahogany neck as well, so it has all the essential features of a Les Paul. Comes with Alnico magnet humbuckers, Grover tuners, large Alpha pots and a decent (import) toggle switch (no cheap box switch). Most of the Agiles have a maple neck, or a thin laminate maple top, and or cheap pots/switch. But, this one is loaded.

The cool thing is that it's been on Rondo's sight for a couple of months for $419.99. Now it's listed for $399.99 and it comes with a free hard shell case. So, with shipping it comes to $417.24...cheaper than the guitar alone was yesterday.

I just ordered it an hour ago, so it won't arrive until next week some time. The web site says that the current lot of these guitars have a more flamed top than the quilted top shown, but that's not a big deal to me. I like flamed maple.
    Last edited by Bloozcat; January 9th, 2009 at 02:53 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Yep, I went & looked her up........ that is one whale of a bargain, and I know your gonna love that axe. Congrats!
    I only have one, the AL-3000 LP copy, but I can't believe the quality build and material for the money.......unreal.
    Guitars
    Wilburn Versatare, '52 FrankenTele(Fender licensed parts), Fender USA Roadhouse Strat, Fender USA Standard B-bender Telecaster, Agile AL 3000 w/ WCR pickups, Ibanez MIJ V300 Acoustic, Squier Precision Bass,
    Amps
    Ceriatone Overtone Special, Musicman 212 Sixty-Five, Fender Blues Jr., Peavey Classic 30, Fender Super Reverb, Traynor YCV-40 WR Anniversary w/ matching 1x12 ext. cab, Epiphone SoCal 50w head w/ matching 4x12 cab (Lady Luck speakers), Avatar 2x12 semi-open back cab w/ Celestion speakers
    Pedals

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

So it IS an Agile? Couldn't tell.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes. They make another that's way more PRS-like,
    the Agile PS-924. Also very beautiful build quality and woods.
    Guitars
    Amps
    Pedals

Post Thanks / Like

It's an Agile, Robert. Click on the link above, under the picture. It'll take you to the specs page on the Rondo site.

Post Thanks / Like

Blooz........that link just takes you to a pic of the guitar.
    Guitars
    Amps
    Pedals

Post Thanks / Like

I just fixed it...

Post Thanks / Like

So your the first GAS victim of this new year ,nice guitar ,good deal ,like the color..

Congrats
    My SoundClick -- Rubber Band -- Jazz Trio

--Quebec made 1978 Norman B-30 , Martin Dc 15E , Suzuki Archtop
    -- Fender Start Reissue 57 , Ibanez AR 300 , Peavy Falcon ,Xaviere Xv600,
    -- Fender Telecaster , Charvel_Jackson , Framus Lapsteel
    --Rc boost,Ts9 ,Coolcat-ToD,GGG Fuzz Face, Boss Ce2 , Rc Booster ,Tone driver , Boss dd2 , Boss Gt8 (effects _effects loop)
    --Amp:Traynor Ycv40 wr -- Blackstar HT5-- Car :Toyota Tercel 1999..

/ `--'(
    < [] []////////|:::-)
    \_.--.(

Post Thanks / Like

Sweet guitar. I hope you get one that wasn't on the recalled list.

Spuds indeed. I'm going to send you a box of Cooties for turning me into a disease.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

North of the Equator: I am a Southerner, Southern Ontario!
    Post Thanks / Like

I am glad I am not the only one. I had to sneak an Avatar 2/12 cab past my wife only two weeks after Christmas.
    Those double cuts from Gibson have been going down in price drastically I saw a couple at my local store in mint condtion for under 1000 with a Gibson case. They have the same electroncs as the LP and only any extra cut away and nobody wants them. The Agile is a dead ringer though.
    Spud I think it was only the blue color they recalled.
    The Blues is alright!

Guitars: 1968 Gibson SG, 2005 Gibson SG Standard, 2006 Gibson LP Classic Gold top, 2004 Epiphone Elitist LP Custom, 1996 Gibson Les Paul Standard. 2001 Epiphone Sheraton II, 2007 Epiphone G400.
    Fender Strats: 1996 Fender 68 Reissue CIJ, 2008 Squier CV 50s, 2009 Squier CV 50s Tele Butterescotch Blonde

Amps: Blues Junior Special edition Jensen in Brown Tolex with Wheat front, 65 Deluxe Reverb reissue,1970 Sonax reverb by Traynor, Avatar Custom 2/12 Cabinet with Eminence Legend V1216 speakers,
    2008 DSL100 Marshall Amp , Fender Super Champ XD,Fender Vibro Champ XD

Effects and Pedals: Fulltone Fulldrive II, Fulltone OCD, Fulltone Mini Deja Vibe, Fulltone Fat Boost, Dunlop Crybaby Wah, Boss DS1, Boss DD20 Giga Delay, Boss TU2 tuner, Boss BD2, Ibanez TS9 Tube screamer, Zoom 505. Radial tonebone hot british.

Post Thanks / Like

That's sweet! Congrats!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spudman

Spuds indeed. I'm going to send you a box of Cooties for turning me into a disease.
    Ok, ok...I took the word "disease" out. It's technically only a disorder.

Hey, you should be proud Spud. It's not everyone who gets a disorder named after them.....

I'm only at Stage II...which is, what?...about 40 steps behind you Spud?

Post Thanks / Like

Looks gawjus - I love a blue guitar...:
    "GAS never sleeps" - Gil Janus

"Now you got to pay your dues. Get that axe and play the blues." - Spudman

Gear: Epiphone Sheraton II, Epiphone Wildkat, Epiphone Emperor Joe Pass, Fender MIM Strat, Tacoma DR-14, Johnson JR-200 resonator; Fender Super Champ XD amp

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    You must be psychic, Spud...:

I went over to the Agile Forum to see if there was any current feedback on this guitar. There was a thread about recent Agile quality, and one of the most mentioned guitars is the current offering of...you guessed it, this AD 3000 Prestige. Seems that there are a few complaints about fit/finish issues, bridge/intonation issues, and the specs on the guitars received compared to the advertised specs.

Things like this can be very subjective I know, as the sampling from the Agile site only represents a handful of complaints. There's no way of knowing how many guitars have been shipped, and what percentage of the overall number have problems. Still, I like it better when I read nothing but glowing reviews...even if they aren't completely accurate.

Anyway, I'll be holding my breath until mine arrives and I can give it a thorough examination.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bloozcat
    You must be psychic, Spud...:
    Why yes I am.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

One of my favorite phrases in the English language...

...Out for delivery....:
    Ah, nothing relieves the discomfort of GAS pains like the sound of the UPS truck rumbling down your street. It's like the musician's Beano.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast