Thread: Derek Trucks does the Cissy Strut

Post Thanks / Like

Default Derek Trucks does the Cissy Strut

Looking for a version of this song for our band. I Like John Mayer's, and this is an interesting take on the Meters' classic, too.
    http://www.imeem.com/people/Nb5qJsW/...d_cissy_strut/
    helliott in Hamilton
    Guitars -- 2 PRS CE 24s 85/15 pups, PRS semi-hollow CE 22, Fender Baja Telecaster; Gibson Les Paul Standard; 80s Strat updated with custom 69 pups, Anniversary Strat with Fat 50s, Epiphone Sheraton re-issue; Yamaha 5-string bass; Yamaha TBS 6 and 12 string acoustics,Takamine acoustic, Fender nylon string acoustic
    Amps -- Mesa Boogie Lone Star; Boss Katana 100, Peavey Blueamaster 2x10, Line 6 Helix
    Pedals etc: Mosfet Full Drive 2; Ibanez Tube Screamer; Fairfield Barbershop OD, Diamond Compressor; Voodo Sparkledrive, Boss Digital Delay DD7; Boss TU2 Chromatic Tuner; Cry Baby wah

Post Thanks / Like

D.T. is freaking Awesome!!!!:
    "I love being alive and I will be the best man I possibly can. I will take love wherever I find it and offer it to whoever will take it... seek knowledge from those wiser and teach those who wish to learn from me."
    "Develop your talent, man, and leave the world something. Records are really gifts from people. To think that an artist would love you enough to share his music with anyone is a beautiful thing."
    Duane Skydog Allman

You come to a point in your life when you really don't care what people think about you, you just care what you think about yourself." - Evel Knievel

Post Thanks / Like

It's a nice version for sure. Tonally it reminds me a lot of Scofield's version (which is not a bad thing to be reminded of). Still, nothing beats the original for me. No band I've ever heard is quite as tight as the Meters and Leo's playing on that song is superb.

Have fun with it Helliott. It's a fun song to play. I play it all the time.
    "I happen to have perfect situational awareness, Lana. Which cannot be taught, by the way. Like a poet's ... mind for ... to make the perfect words." - Sterling Archer

Post Thanks / Like

Gotta love Derek Trucks & gotta love the Cissy Strut.

Very nice thanks!

I'm with RoG on this, great version but I prefer the Meters.
    I pick a moon dog.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mrmudcat
    D.T. is freaking Awesome!!!!:
    +1 :