Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Vintage Gold Top Les Paul in the house!

Thread: Vintage Gold Top Les Paul in the house!

Threaded View

North of the Equator: I am a Southerner, Southern Ontario!
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Vintage Gold Top Les Paul in the house!

I have been unable to fight off my GAS for a Goldtop LP. I had found several Gibson's used on Kijiji, (Cannuck Craigslist), but I just couldn't justify the bucks they wanted. My local guy had a Gibson Classic Goldtop and I was about to trade an amp and 3 guitars for it, a loss of about 700 bucks in total.
    I started to look around and found an amazing looking Vintage V100 Goldtop from JHS in Britain. It has Wilkinson hardware and a set of hummbucking P90s by Trev Wilkinson. I tracked one down in Hamilton Ont. about 35 miles away.
    My Dad lives there so I went to visit and stopped by the store. Well I was blown away by how nice this guitar looked, played and was finished. I really like the feel of the neck and it was set up really well with a nice buzz free low action. And the price was only 429 plus tax. It has a sweet gold finish with binding on the body and neck. It has Wilkinson Deluxe Green key tuners and a lovely dark mahogany back. A very nice inlay on the headstock and the typical Gibson style inlays (Trapezoid) on the Rosewood fret board and vintage style knobs. No pointers though. The pickups sound really nice and I haven't even set her up yet.
    I will of course include pictures. I will give her a good workout but the short time I had to play her today she sounded really nice.
    I always put new strings on and get a set up by my guitar tech so I will see how she is after that.
    Oh yea and it weighs about the same as my Chambered Studio.

Last edited by ZMAN; January 22nd, 2009 at 02:40 PM.
    The Blues is alright!

Guitars: 1968 Gibson SG, 2005 Gibson SG Standard, 2006 Gibson LP Classic Gold top, 2004 Epiphone Elitist LP Custom, 1996 Gibson Les Paul Standard. 2001 Epiphone Sheraton II, 2007 Epiphone G400.
    Fender Strats: 1996 Fender 68 Reissue CIJ, 2008 Squier CV 50s, 2009 Squier CV 50s Tele Butterescotch Blonde

Amps: Blues Junior Special edition Jensen in Brown Tolex with Wheat front, 65 Deluxe Reverb reissue,1970 Sonax reverb by Traynor, Avatar Custom 2/12 Cabinet with Eminence Legend V1216 speakers,
    2008 DSL100 Marshall Amp , Fender Super Champ XD,Fender Vibro Champ XD

Effects and Pedals: Fulltone Fulldrive II, Fulltone OCD, Fulltone Mini Deja Vibe, Fulltone Fat Boost, Dunlop Crybaby Wah, Boss DS1, Boss DD20 Giga Delay, Boss TU2 tuner, Boss BD2, Ibanez TS9 Tube screamer, Zoom 505. Radial tonebone hot british.