This might be a case of "you get what you pay for" but I would like to know what you all would do!

I bought an Xaviere Strat last summer from GFS. I wanted a strat, cheaped out, and bought it online sight unseen. The overall quality of the guitar (pickups, construction) seems good, but there was always some fret buzz. This buzz prevented me from playing the guitar very much.

Well, I brought the guitar in for a "professional" set-up over the weekend by a guitar tech. He told me that the fret heights were uneven in numerous places and it would cost me about $200 for him to correct the problem. I couldn't justify spending $200 to fix a $200 guitar so I said no thanks. He said he would do the best he could but it wouldn't completely eliminate the buzz. He was right! The buzz is especially annoying on the 5th and 6th strings -- throughout the neck (6th string especially).

I'm wondering if I should spend the $200, buy a new neck from Guitar Fetish for $49 (I'd ask them to check it before shipping it to me), or ? I'm not sure what my other options are.

I really appreciate your opinions! Thanks.

P.S. I usually like a good buzz too!