Quote Originally Posted by just strum
ME50 folks, I am going to find some time to spend with the ME50 this weekend and was wondering if you've hit on any favorite settings? I want to explore some blues with the ME50 and will be looking for some good settings.
I use my ME50 by itself a lot, as a headphone amp. Without going thru the hassle of plugging & turning on other stuff, I can try out different patches/settings without adding a particular amp's characteristics, then try what I've got thru my mixer/studio monitors or thru my Tech21 another time.

I guess that's partly why my XL version/pdf of the Patch Sheet that I attached to an earlier reply here has an added column for 'Primary Guitar'; I set up and store 2-3 patches for each of my electrics and electric/acoustics, and a couple for my Yamaha PSR-520 Keyboard.

I can start by calling up a patch, then tweak/goose things with that patch; as long as I don't 'write/store' the changes, the patch isn't altered in memory...but if I somehow like the modifications, I'll see if I can store it as another patch. And while I 'design' a patch for a specific guitar, I'll often try it with another guitar and find it's a cool setting.

Here's one of my go-to 'headphone amp mode' settings for my Sheraton II that you can try with your Dot:

DOT: bridge pickup, vol & tone dimed.
ME-50 - Going L/R starting upper left:
TONE MODIFY: Fat
COMPRESSOR: Sustain @ 10 o'clock, Level @ 12 o'clock
NOISE SUPPRESSOR: 9 o'clock
REVERB: Hall, just above minimum
MASTER LEVEL: 1:30 o'clock.
PEDAL: Volume mode
O/D-DISTORTION: BD-2 - Drive @ 10 o'clock; Bottom & Tone @ 12 o'clock; Level @ 1 o'clock
MOD: Stereo Chorus 1: Rate @ 11 o'clock, Depth & Level at 12 o'clock
DELAY: Analog/400-2000ms, Time @ 12 o'clock, Feedback & Level @ 10 o'clock

True, my Sherri has Gibson Classic 57's instead of the stock Epi humbuckers, but...with the ME-50 set as above, I like the 'Golden Earring/Radar Love' sound I can get.

Maybe try your PlankSpanker HSS Strat?

Set it up this way to start, then experiment with the guitar's pickup positions, vol & tone controls, and the ME-50's 'Tone Modify'; or put the Expressio Pedal in Wah mode to use it as a treble boost/cut.