Straight from a post today on TGP from Paul Cochrane:

I'm all for guys saving money. That's why I've done everything i could to keep the prices as low as i could even though the used prices are around 2x what i sell them for. I've never jacked up the price even though I could. I've wanted to do right by the players.

Now I'm seeing that a lot of players don't care about that stuff. Maybe i should have jacked up the price to make as much as i could while it was hot without worrying about the players...

The thing is that people don't have to have this pedal. If they don't buy my pedal it will not effect their lives. In my case if people don't buy my pedal it does. I'm out of work, and I can't support my family.

If people buy the clone ment to undercut me they save the price of a couple of pizzas. This is a one time savings for them of not very much. But for me it's pretty serious. If everybody goes with the clone of my product than I'm out of work in just a few months.

People are wanting the sounds that my pedal produce, but another company has come in and decided to sell it for less than I do. Some guys are looking at it like the player wins without seeing that I lose. It's very depressing seeing that attitude towards me - "I want what paul makes, but I don't want to pay him for it". so what happens is Dano wins by making a sale. The player wins buy getting something that does what I designed it to. I'm the one that's lost because my only source of income has been taken away from my family in a time where there are no new jobs.

And no matter what the opinons of others are this is how I feel about this. I'm the one missing out in this deal, and I'm the one that made the damn things.

PaulC
tim/timmy pedals
myspace.com/paulcaudio