Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Change your avatar month

Thread: Change your avatar month

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

On we go with the theme for the month, R_of_G's favorite punk albums.

To recap, we've had...

• Television - Marquee Moon
    • Richard Hell & The Voidoids - Blank Generation
    • The Ramones - The Ramones
    • The Clash - The Clash
    • Dead Boys - Young, Loud and Snotty

And today it's...

• Wire - Pink Flag
    "I happen to have perfect situational awareness, Lana. Which cannot be taught, by the way. Like a poet's ... mind for ... to make the perfect words." - Sterling Archer

Post Thanks / Like

Change my avatar?

Ok, it was time to get rid of this ridiculous boring thing. So i uploaded an image of myself
    Greetings

Christian

Guitars: Fender Telecaster Standard, Squier Classic Vibe 50's Stratocaster, Yamaha Pacifica 412V, Dean Vendetta, J&D LS-1, Collins Stage Western

Amp: Vox Valvetronix AD50VT, Fame GX60R

Pedals: DIY Box of Rock Clone, DIY Linear Power Boster, Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Marshall Regenerator, Digitech Bad Monkey, Harley Benton OD-100, Harley Benton DD-2, Behringer Hellbabe HB01 Wah, Boss DS-1, Boss TU-2, Boss DD-7, EXH Small Clone

Post Thanks / Like

I guess I never realized you wore spectacles, Christian!
    Guitars
    Wilburn Versatare, '52 FrankenTele(Fender licensed parts), Fender USA Roadhouse Strat, Fender USA Standard B-bender Telecaster, Agile AL 3000 w/ WCR pickups, Ibanez MIJ V300 Acoustic, Squier Precision Bass,
    Amps
    Ceriatone Overtone Special, Musicman 212 Sixty-Five, Fender Blues Jr., Peavey Classic 30, Fender Super Reverb, Traynor YCV-40 WR Anniversary w/ matching 1x12 ext. cab, Epiphone SoCal 50w head w/ matching 4x12 cab (Lady Luck speakers), Avatar 2x12 semi-open back cab w/ Celestion speakers
    Pedals
    Digitech Bad Monkey, Digitech Jamman, DVM's ZYS, Goodrich volume pedal

Post Thanks / Like

And now, in keeping with oldguy's bunny theme in the avatar thread, we turn our attention to some of the less friendly bunnies. Some people know about them, but far too few have spoken up..........perhaps out of fear. I thought of starting a separate thread, "Are bunnies bad for you?", but found it too inconclusive. In any event, keep a stiff upper lip, and a sense of humour about you.

I present to you.........[shivers]..............proof of the bunny dark side.

Scaring little children.........for shame, for shame.

Guitars
    Wilburn Versatare, '52 FrankenTele(Fender licensed parts), Fender USA Roadhouse Strat, Fender USA Standard B-bender Telecaster, Agile AL 3000 w/ WCR pickups, Ibanez MIJ V300 Acoustic, Squier Precision Bass,
    Amps
    Ceriatone Overtone Special, Musicman 212 Sixty-Five, Fender Blues Jr., Peavey Classic 30, Fender Super Reverb, Traynor YCV-40 WR Anniversary w/ matching 1x12 ext. cab, Epiphone SoCal 50w head w/ matching 4x12 cab (Lady Luck speakers), Avatar 2x12 semi-open back cab w/ Celestion speakers
    Pedals

Post Thanks / Like

Mate that bunny looks more like a wolf or at least a dog of some kind.

For my money one of the scariest bunnies has to be the one from the film Donnie Darko.

Post Thanks / Like

Donnie: Why do you wear that stupid bunny suit?
    Frank: Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?
    My favorite line from that movie.

tung

Quote Originally Posted by Ch0jin
    Mate that bunny looks more like a wolf or at least a dog of some kind.

For my money one of the scariest bunnies has to be the one from the film Donnie Darko.

I was just a regular guy. My only super power was being invisible to girls.
    - Dave Lizewski, Kick-A$$

Post Thanks / Like

Today's featured punk album is...

• Stiff Little Fingers - Inflammable Material 1979

This thing is just explosive.

• Television - Marquee Moon 1977
    • Richard Hell & The Voidoids - Blank Generation 1977
    • The Ramones - The Ramones 1976
    • The Clash - The Clash 1977
    • Dead Boys - Young, Loud and Snotty 1977
    • Wire - Pink Flag 1977
    "I happen to have perfect situational awareness, Lana. Which cannot be taught, by the way. Like a poet's ... mind for ... to make the perfect words." - Sterling Archer

Post Thanks / Like

Today's featured punk album is...

• The Ramones - Leave Home 1977

Recap:
    • Wire - Pink Flag 1977

Post Thanks / Like

I'm in (finally). Mine is Marvin Burkhart, Human Oddity, a photo by Joel-Peter Witkin. I'm not sure what my theme of the month is going to be yet.

"When I play, I express my feelings very fast." -Yomo Toro

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ro3b
    I'm in (finally). Mine is Marvin Burkhart, Human Oddity, a photo by Joel-Peter Witkin. I'm not sure what my theme of the month is going to be yet.

Ro3b.........I remember that guy! dunno what was so odd about a guy driving nails into his face ........................ewwww.

Rock n roll, man, rock n roll.
    Guitars
    Amps
    Pedals

Post Thanks / Like

On we go...

Today's album:
    • Buzzcocks - Another Music In a Different Kitchen 1978

Previously:
    • Wire - Pink Flag 1977

Post Thanks / Like

Another day, another avatar.

Today we going for a shot of 2 T-33 Shooting Star Trainers. These are the 2 T-33s that belonged to the 49th FIS. Every Fighter Sqadron in the 50s, 60s, 70, and even into the 80s had at least one, if not more of the T-33s. The US Navy even had a model of the T-33 called the T2V-1/T-1A SeaStar that was carrier-capable. Over 30 nations have used T-33s or one of variants.

You can read more about the Lockheed T-33 Shooting Star

This was the first jet fighter type aircraft that I got a flight in. I won a flight by leading a team of Armament & Electronic (A&E) types in supporting the mission of the squadron for a particular month with the best score in a series of tests. It was a great experience - not as good as the flight in an F-101B that I got a year later, but it was a pretty intense ride. We got up to just over 500 MPH - I remember this because the pilot made sure that I knew it both in the air and after we landed. The pilot even let me handle her for a few minutes - he was impressed that I didn't loose control of the aircraft, which 2 of the previous winners of the free ride had - she needed a light touch on the controls.

Gil
    Where ever you go, there you are

a 1973 Léro Model 58 Dreadnought; a 1998 Ovation 1861 Standard Balladeer Natural; Taka - a 2005 Squier '51 Black
    Yume - a 2006 Squier Standard Strat Cherryburst; Houbi - a 2008 Fender VG Strat Blizzard Pearl won via fender.com

Pedals: Home made board; Visual Sound 1 Spot Power; Danelectro Chicken Salad, Fab Chorus, Echo & Flange; DVM Phasers To STUN; EHX LPB-1; Fender PT-100 Tuner
    Amps: Fender Super Champ XD; Vox DA-5 in Camo
    Computer: Apple MacBook Pro, PowerMac G4; Line6 Toneport KB37; M-Audio Black Box Pedal Board, Trigger Finger & DX4 Monitors
    Software: Ableton Live Lite; Apple Garageband; Cockos Reaper; Line6 Gearbox/POD Farm with Model Packs
    GAS: Squier Classic Vibe '50s Tele; Barber Tone Press Pedal; DigiTech Bad Monkey Pedal

Post Thanks / Like

Lookin' good, Gil!:
    I've been following your posts, and just wanted to comment.
    I like 'em.
    Guitars
    Amps
    Pedals

Post Thanks / Like

Today's album:
    • The Clash - Give 'Em Enough Rope 1978

Previously:
    • Wire - Pink Flag 1977
    • Buzzcocks - Another Music In a Different Kitchen 1978

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks oldguy.

Another day, and we have a special one. You are looking at a Royal Canadian Air Force CF-101F, Serial Number 101022 (57-0332) making it's last landing. It is shown arriving at McChord AFB where it will become an exhibit at the McChord Air Museum. This is the trainer version of the F-101B.

You can read more at McDonnell CF-101 Voodoo (CAF s/n 101022 / AF s/n 57-0332)

This plane at one time was used by the 49th FIS.

Gil
    Last edited by Gil Janus; February 15th, 2009 at 08:45 AM.
    Where ever you go, there you are

a 1973 Léro Model 58 Dreadnought; a 1998 Ovation 1861 Standard Balladeer Natural; Taka - a 2005 Squier '51 Black
    Yume - a 2006 Squier Standard Strat Cherryburst; Houbi - a 2008 Fender VG Strat Blizzard Pearl won via fender.com

Pedals: Home made board; Visual Sound 1 Spot Power; Danelectro Chicken Salad, Fab Chorus, Echo & Flange; DVM Phasers To STUN; EHX LPB-1; Fender PT-100 Tuner
    Amps: Fender Super Champ XD; Vox DA-5 in Camo
    Computer: Apple MacBook Pro, PowerMac G4; Line6 Toneport KB37; M-Audio Black Box Pedal Board, Trigger Finger & DX4 Monitors
    Software: Ableton Live Lite; Apple Garageband; Cockos Reaper; Line6 Gearbox/POD Farm with Model Packs
    GAS: Squier Classic Vibe '50s Tele; Barber Tone Press Pedal; DigiTech Bad Monkey Pedal